Iraqiel's menagerie - Project Log - Page 36 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 02:07 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

That downed Thunderhawk tile is so boss. Way more built up than I thought it would be, it almost looks like its highest point is on par with or higher than the first level of the ruins surrounding it!

The detail that you're putting into that cockpit is insane. I just looked at it again and took in all the little notches and red zones..holy crap dude. Well done!!

Last edited by ntaw; 06-06-16 at 03:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
That downed Thunderhawk tile is so boss. Way more built hip than I thought it would be, it almost looks like its highest point is on par with or higher than the first level of the ruins surrounding it!

The detail that you're putting into that cockpit is insane. I just looked at it again and took in all the little notches and red zones..holy crap dude. Well done!!
Yeah, I really just need to get the motivation to paint it up... there's an event in January that I need to lend it away for, so I guess that will do the trick.

Interestingly, there's a bit of an optical illusion in that first photo I posted. There is no mound of dirt (as it looks like there is) but very slightly where the Thawk has dug itself in. You can see scale with a Space Marine in this one:

The Titan cockpit was quick to do (well, one night's painting so not that quick) once I bit my lip and just did it, but it was definitely intimidating trying to get what I had in mind down on the model.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #353 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 02:52 PM
jin

I think that gw actually has a new big model base pieces kit with actually a lamp in it.
drill the bottom of the lamp out and wire it through the top, down the spine and under the card to the switch.

post #354 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-14-16, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
I think that gw actually has a new big model base pieces kit with actually a lamp in it.
drill the bottom of the lamp out and wire it through the top, down the spine and under the card to the switch.
Yeah mate, I've got a couple of them from the cities of death imperial sector. I'll probably be putting the base on a bit of backburner at this point, already got some backlog building up of things I need to do for the two irregular (knights and more skitarii) and my increasingly regular campaign (finally got a helldrake!) so I will be building up these forces for a bit!

Progress continues painting the Reaver... now just got some servo-arms; armour panels and toes to do before I can start locking in pins, magnets and putting this beast together!

Tonight - started work and almost finished the crew - sorry about the photos, as time goes on I will bring my camera and lights back online...

Beside the Warhound crew

And progress so far...
ntaw likes this.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #355 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-19-16, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Progress! I have now painted all components but for the cables which need to be heat treated into the right shape (for obvious reasons) and the knee pistons which I am just about ready to put to the sword, as despite about half an hour of dedicated cleaning they still won't hold paint. Death is too good for model parts like that. My proposed solution to this quandry is to emery cloth the surface of them, then just re-spray and make sure I seal the buggers the moment they are constructed!

So, some progress shots. I've decided to assemble from top down to avoid the balance issues that I had with my warhound... hopefully. That and I need to paint those damn pistons.

I'm thinking about making an independent thread to consolidate all these Titan project pictures into once I have finished him. What do you think? Should be easier if anyone wants references (oh humble me) if they want to go looking for them.

Also been enjoying the Path to Glory Campaign a lot. I won the Thunderhawk crash scenario only by carrying the 'relic' imperial fist from the ship and handing it over to the terminators, who promptly hid in the building whilst everything else but the defiler was mulched around them by space wolves. I must say, when five wulfen can dispatch 8 berserkers with apparent ease, you know it's time to buff chaos. Right? Guys? Guys?

Next scenario will be on a space station, table pic below. I'm thinking of running two games on the same table, the first a kill team game with models only allowed from what we have in our warbands, and the second a pitched battle with perks depending on how battle 1 went.

Lastly, I think I mentioned that my Nurgle/Black Legion vs Skitarii campaign concluded with a bang, a long retreat by the skitarii failing to save the techpriest who was struck down by materialising obliterators and teleported to his doom when the game ended with him still in their possession... just. Damn, a three nil loss to Chaos, who would have picked that? Still, by game 3 I felt like I had a really good handle on the three Skitarii units I have in my army so far... time for some assassins and striders soon!

Well, my friend was so enthused by that scenario that he couldn't wait to get another one going. This time, we are playing out some of the war on Armaggedon (3rd War), with his gorgeous orks against my Guard and a friend's ultramarines, who will feature next game (inspired by my Thunderhawk Down scenario and the movie 'Black Hawk Down').

Game one saw my Guard deployed to a location suspected to hold clues to where the Mechanicus hid their ordinatus machines prior to Armaggedon I, only to find the Speed Freaks making good use of the desert land to race around and generally wreck everything. A really close game, I had the orks in my face the whole time and if I hadn't had turn 1 and kept my wyverns for far too long in the game, it would have been a sure loss. As it was, I managed to seize an objective and hold it long enough to drive his boys off the middle one and win the game by a fingernail!

Iraqiel

post #356 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-19-16, 03:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

That space station! There's a picture in some 40k book somewhere of GK fighting Daemons on a space station board and I wanted it so bad. Did you build the catwalks and such yourself?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #357 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-19-16, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
That space station! There's a picture in some 40k book somewhere of GK fighting Daemons on a space station board and I wanted it so bad. Did you build the catwalks and such yourself?
No, scenery is a mix of GW, Secret Weapon and Wargames Tournaments, with some CnC minis scatter terrain. I did grab some reticulation stuff and spray it silver, but that's only the odd bit in this table.

Catwalks:
Wargames Terrain

And yes, that scene rocked!
ntaw likes this.

Iraqiel

post #358 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-21-16, 12:33 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Loving the star system scheme on the Titans, awesome sauce!
post #359 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-21-16, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Loving the star system scheme on the Titans, awesome sauce!
Thanks Mate!

All coming together now. Legs are curing propped in position by a variety of household goods, but the hips aren't yet held together centrally apart from by bluetack so I'm awaiting disaster...

Otherwise, things are all looking good... and massive. This guy is huuuuge!

ntaw likes this.

Iraqiel

post #360 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-22-16, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Oh man so tired...

Cables and hatch to be glued on and then heated into the right shape, and finally painted. Legs assembled now but balance is untested and I REALLY hope that it works... I had my spirit level out, tested with what weight I was prepared to and all but until the epoxy weld is cured I can't actually put it through its paces.

Also need to bombard this thing with a varnish, it is the flakiest model I own and that is really disappointing. BUT! All that aside, feeling like I am almost done on him for the moment. Base and banners will come as a later project I think.

Iraqiel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode