Iraqiel's menagerie - Project Log - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 02:23 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Love your table, love the models.

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
Love your table, love the models.
Thanks mate, kudos for your excellent terrain too!

Well, I've finished the thunderbolt and a lot of fun it was too! It took me from when I posted that Demolisher and Sentinel until tonight, but that's because I had a long weekend and no uni assignments (or work interruptions) so I can count myself lucky there... Things I like about it are the white, the star pattern (thanks again Xeno) and the base generally - the story I have for myself there is that the pilot has taken out the SAM site by shooting a nearby promethium barrel such that it's drained into the launch tube. Things I didn't like were the limited freehand decals that I did today - they were simple in design but much harder to execute than the black on grey designs I've been doing lately - and the water effect on the base, which I think is my worst yet. All in all though, I'm pretty satisfied. What do you think, heretics?

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #193 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 03:54 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Looking good.

Crisp and clean doesn't usually appeal to me with white/grey stuff, but that look very striking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #194 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Looking good.

Crisp and clean doesn't usually appeal to me with white/grey stuff, but that look very striking!
Thanks Tawa, I'm glad you like this one - the white is not so clean up close, which I rather like. I took the top from today's aircraft, with an overall clean feeling but a sense that when it stops flying, it leaks oil. Plus, I never play on white tables so the flyer should stand out, or blend in if I ever get into gear and save up for a tundra mat.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #195 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 10:47 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Thanks Tawa, I'm glad you like this one - the white is not so clean up close, which I rather like.
A touch grubbier in the flesh? I usually end up with white turning out like that, which isn't a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #196 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-28-15, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Feeling prolific, I have painted up a lead Empire type for a band of armed men from Somewhere South of Praag... He's the Baron's lieutenant, simply clad and far from a renowned fighter, he mostly keeps the local peasants and burghers in check with his squad of variously equipped minions. On rare occasions, he may be sent on raids to clear mutants and beastmen from the road out of town or leading up to the castle.
Of clearly Albion heritage, Cormack von Albionscheckt, captain of the guard.

Iraqiel

post #197 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-29-15, 01:38 AM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

so much awesome here... I'd love to see more pics of the dreadknight conversion...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #198 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-29-15, 08:24 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I didn't notice you finished the flyer - My god that looks magnificent. I tip my hat to you sir!
post #199 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-29-15, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
so much awesome here... I'd love to see more pics of the dreadknight conversion...
I'll see what I can do, that poor model has taken a bit of a beating and needs some TLC to get photoworthy again. I haven't played with my GK since the codex dropped on account of my finding terminators versus terminators very boring and most of my friends around playing Deathwing last year, but perhaps the time will come soon to resurrect that army... after I've got to my Guard objective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I didn't notice you finished the flyer - My god that looks magnificent. I tip my hat to you sir!
Thanks mate! I'm standing on the shoulders of giants to get most of the nice bits of that done, but it was really good to get a break from the greys and blacks of my guard with something completely different. I'm going to alternate between boxes of guard and other projects for a while so that I can do a little more of this sort of thing whilst still drawing down on my list of guard to collect and paint.

Having said that, the box I'm working on now is a Hammer of Cadia set, so we'll see how I go with that plan!

Iraqiel

post #200 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-30-15, 10:45 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Plus, I never play on white tables so the flyer should stand out, or blend in if I ever get into gear and save up for a tundra mat.
"Save up?" What is this "save up" of which you speak? Have you some ancient, ancestral knowledge of which we know not? Art thou truly the one of whom prophecy has spoken?

(all humor aside: nicely, crisply done flyer. I can't complain about the hand-done decals, them being about what I think I would be able to do myself. The Deathstrike missile ready to launch on the base is a particularly threatening addition, of which I approve.)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode