Iraqiel's menagerie - Project Log - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 378 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Well, painted my first ten Scions - and they are pretty damn fun to do. These purple beret'd chaps are the commando squad for my mech veteran company. They will slot in with four vet squads, a wyrdvane squad, lord commissar, sentinel squadron and (not done yet) a company command squad with bulk meltas and missile launchers all round. Very satisfied that I'm this far in, all I need now is to assemble and paint the command squad and buy them another chimera... If only that wasn't in line behind my Airborne Commando Company (see above), finishing my light company, and the next installment on the armoured company. I'm going to be doing guard for quite some time still...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 378 (permalink) Old 07-28-14, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so progress shot that I used for the Army Painting Competition:

And close ups:

As you can see, I've kept the vehicles in the Mechanicum Standard Grey, and have battle sigils similar to previous flyers, as the Zazirians would not allow a machine into battle without protection from the warrior spirits, where they can help it. The Vulture is a bit light on for those sigils, I'll update that when I sit down to take the next bite at the Company next month... which starts friday.

The damage is all done during and on the road to/from an apocalypse game at the local GW this weekend, which was awesome!

Three tables, 30, 000 points aside, a macro cannon that fired onto any table and 80 DEATHWING TERMINATORS that teleported into my artillery line turn 2. My scions valiantly assassinated the enemy warlord but then were in turn destroyed by Cypher... one job, Deathwing. One Job. So, ultimately it was a Traitor victory (narrowly) on kill points, but my guard were slaughtered almost to a man.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #143 of 378 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 01:36 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Oh Apoc games! How i hate them. and yet i love them. there are always casualties arent there? Figuratively and Literally

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #144 of 378 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 07:35 AM
jin

macro-cannon.

the knight looked cool.
looks like you can build a very nice board at that shop.
need to get your buddies' painted as well as those science seem to have come out.
post #145 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Oh Apoc games! How i hate them. and yet i love them. there are always casualties arent there? Figuratively and Literally
Yes, I'm still in the honeymoon phase, although that last one got a bit trying - too many people throwing around apocalyptic mega-blasts between tables! That and all the breakages.

Still, I'm having a 5500 point 1 v 1 game tomorrow of apocalypse that should be more fun and manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
macro-cannon.

the knight looked cool.
looks like you can build a very nice board at that shop.
need to get your buddies' painted as well as those science seem to have come out.
The Macro-cannon is a beast indeed. The knights are awesome, a bunch of them painted up by the guys and then lent to the store for people to game with on occasions like this. The store contributed three boards and I and a mate brought another two. I just bought the sector imperialis board GW have as well, so we'll see if that one meets the high standards of its contemporaries.

Iraqiel

post #146 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-02-14, 01:13 AM
jin

i like the idea of apoc scale units in more-or-less squad level engagements - sub 2000 points.
the increased scale adds variation without adding randomness which turns the entire "strategy" game into spectacle. the table starts feeling too small. opportunities close in. the end times...
see, i like to feel as if good leadership and wise use of limited resources may produce results - mortals call this "hope".
there is no hope in the face of macro-cannons.
only urine...
but getting that many guys together for a day of spectacle is also good.
post #147 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
like the idea of apoc scale units in more-or-less squad level engagements - sub 2000 points.
the increased scale adds variation without adding randomness which turns the entire "strategy" game into spectacle. the table starts feeling too small. opportunities close in. the end times...
see, i like to feel as if good leadership and wise use of limited resources may produce results - mortals call this "hope".
there is no hope in the face of macro-cannons.
only urine...
but getting that many guys together for a day of spectacle is also good.
Ha I get where you are coming from Jin, the Macro Cannon is scary but there is something very noble about taking one on at 1500 points and then drop pod army storming it!

Well, I have a pair of vet squads and a command squad for my Airmobile Commando Company now - I played a game with them (no photos sorry) still a bit unpainted, where I lost through losing cypher to a DA librarian and not being able to catch back up! The different colour scheme has been fun to do, as have the yellow lenses and blue fatigues to blend with the scions!

Also, I finished my MOO and found my first Astropath, hurray!

After the destructive, confusing, ridiculous Apoc Game at the local GW (that was awesome fun), I had a second one with a friend who hadn't been able to attend. 4500 points, at my place, and I was GM and one of two players. Well... It was fun... for me... but my poor mate had it tougher than I expected. I think the main problem was that I had enough guard to build a list that big, but he fielded his whole tyrranid army with an allied group of scions and inquisitor and fortification borrowed from me. Cool idea - radical ordos xenos inquisitor (and retinue) test a 'hive mind emulator' on the local guard regiment.

Unfortunately, the guard firepower at long range was immense, and some unlucky rolling saw the 1st turn deep striking bugs wiped from the board, leaving my manticores and basilisks to blast the incoming cc beasties into mincemeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Oh Apoc games!
I think I'm addicted...

Iraqiel

post #148 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 03:10 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Well that ís a lot of artillery... Looks cool man!

By the way, do those tyranids happen to be Dutch football supporters?
post #149 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Tall One View Post
Well that ís a lot of artillery... Looks cool man!

By the way, do those tyranids happen to be Dutch football supporters?
Thanks! Depends - will I get in trouble for saying that they behave like them?

Iraqiel

post #150 of 378 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 03:30 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

I don't remember any incidents of Dutch supporters exploding en masse during the World Cup...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode