Ravion's Prodigal Sons - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-25-14, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Ravion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Looking good. I think the objective marker needs another little "something" but I'm not sure what. Maybe another accent color? Or more of a discernable "ground" under the rock?
I think I'll put some water effects around the rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-31-14, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Finally done painting the helbrute. This was my first attempt to use weather effects. I used the soot effects from Tamiya on the heavy flamers and on the vents coming out of the top of the model. For all the eyes on the model I base painted them with tallern flesh followed by several layers of red wash. after that I gave them the the slit down the eye and finished with a gloss varnish. For the feet I gave them a little bit of typhus corrosion and ryza rust. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0091.jpg (512.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0092.JPG (274.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0093.jpg (384.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0094.jpg (523.3 KB, 16 views)
post #33 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-31-14, 03:38 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Damn, that's freakin' sick!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

post #34 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-31-14, 11:34 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravion View Post
Finally done painting the helbrute. This was my first attempt to use weather effects. I used the soot effects from Tamiya on the heavy flamers and on the vents coming out of the top of the model. For all the eyes on the model I base painted them with tallern flesh followed by several layers of red wash. after that I gave them the the slit down the eye and finished with a gloss varnish. For the feet I gave them a little bit of typhus corrosion and ryza rust. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results.
This is simply amazing!! :D
post #35 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-10-14, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have myself a WIP that I'm stuck on. I'm trying to think about what I want to give him for his other arm and try to add a little something to his mutated arm. Any ideas?
Well... this guy sorc is almost done. I'm making a force staff for him right now. All I got to give him now are a couple shoulder pads but the question is which ones. After re-watching Game of Thrones and seeing the lord of skulls I think is what they call him I was thinking that make a great looking sorcerer! Now I got another WIP!

For this model I got the head, torso, and backpack figured out. I'll be using the skeletal torso from the possessed box and the skeletal head from the chaos marine box. For the backpack I will combine a regular backpack with a couple orge skulls. Now I just need to think about what to use for the legs arms and shoulder pads. I think I'll give him a scythe for a weapon. Don't know about the other one. Hopefully he'll look awesome when it's all completed.
post #36 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-10-14, 06:21 PM

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

great work on the brute conversion. and overall a good paintjob. a few soft critiques though, hope you take them with the good intention I'm sending them.

Pros
- the skin parts look solid
- the soot stuff is strong
- the metal edging on the foot/hand claws does the trick if you're aiming to make the darker original metal look worn at the edges

Cons
- the horn bones around the face look unfinished. maybe it's the lighting but it looks like a bit more definition through washing or brown layer lowlights. followed by bone highlights would do the trick

- the biggest issue is the gold/brass trim of the entire model's armor. It appears as though you painted the gold before the blue because of the blue splotching. else if you painted the gold after, the splotching would then be intentional but doesn't convey the weathering (if it was the intention)

I think it's a good base but could do with some wash + layer + silver or bright gold edging. trust me it will bring your blue to life and clearly pop the various sections of armor

anyway, just my 2 cents. a very enjoyable piece though. great work.

post #37 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-10-14, 08:13 PM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanNecktie View Post
I think it's a good base but could do with some wash + layer + silver or bright gold edging. trust me it will bring your blue to life and clearly pop the various sections of armor
This ^ would make an already great paint job even better Keep up the good work!
post #38 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-12-14, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

The Lord of Skulls is finished! Gotta go to a 40k campaign today so no pics till tonight.
post #39 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-14-14, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Well.... Saturday was interesting. My helldrake took down an imperial knight with one vector strike. Regrettably the knight took my drake with him. Got my ass kicked by some damn Tau. Ate some bad chicken, got a headache and was out cold when I got home.
Anyways... here is my new sorcerer. If I ever do death guard I think I'll strip and repaint him. All I need to do now is some minor green stuffing and excess green stuff removal and he'll be complete. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0102.jpg (387.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0104.jpg (388.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0105.jpg (399.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0106.jpg (399.7 KB, 6 views)
post #40 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-14-14, 09:17 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Niiice looking scythe guy. Dynamic, brutal, with a suitably 40k-silliness over-sized weapon. All on a nice set of conversions otherwise. Similar in many respects to the super-Hellbute.

And just a generally fun plog as a whole. That's an awful lot of Tzeentchi models.

Quote:
Well.... Saturday was interesting. My helldrake took down an imperial knight with one vector strike. Regrettably the knight took my drake with him.
Huh? I thought blast templates (like explosions) don't hit zooming flyers. Not sure on the Knight's super-heavy explosion wording, by any means, but...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
chaos space marines , thousand sons , tzeench

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode