A project log - CSM - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Miami's Flag is: Sweden

Woho! Finally finished my Lord! I'm quite pleased. So a little photo dump now and I wish you all a nice friday evening!

Note to self: never attach a cape on a model before painting again...

Any comments, questions and thoughts welcome!

Miami out. Now for some wine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 08:13 PM

Saintspirit's Flag is: Sweden

Why, he is looking great. The cape(s) especially. But I'm still looking forward to seeing them when they are completely done, based.

My Word Bearers Project
My Tutorials - part 1: Word Bearer
My Tutorials - part 2: Word Bearer Cultist
My Tutorials - part 3: Plaguebearer
My Tutorials - part 4: Plague Marine
Quote:
To make a model into a piece of art, you need to find a model that you like, and a painting scheme that you love.
Quote:
"They are fierce indeed these Kor, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do."
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 08:58 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

That is a proper cape! Amazing, really! +rep!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 09:01 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

He is looking quite sinister. In the best possible way!

The blending and transitions are very smooth and the details are well done.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the kind words!

I'm not completely happy with the "claws".. I am still not able to get that effect looking good. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

Basing material and more paints should be arriving sometime next week, looking forward to that.
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-13, 10:29 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

That is one awesome paintjob man - The cape and the head are excellent! As another project logger and chaos painter, I tip my hat to you and give you a rep for that job!

EDIT:
I have given you too much rep for now, so I can't give you another Mental rep!
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quick update:

Just finished up another 5 cultists. I tried my hand at painting them quicker than the other 10 I've done. Because - let's face it - cultists don't get more fun to paint ;)

A new thing is that these are my first attempt at basing. In the future I'll probably glue the sand on the bases before priming them. But for the models I've already done this is how the bases will look.

Cultists with bases

My order with new paints and my Maulerfiend arrived yesterday. I'm thinking of doing a review of the Maulerfiend box this Friday for shits and giggles.

Miami out.
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 10:38 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami View Post
A new thing is that these are my first attempt at basing. In the future I'll probably glue the sand on the bases before priming them. But for the models I've already done this is how the bases will look.
Yes you should it will be easier
About the maulerfiend review: good idea, i'm looking forward to it!
The cultists are good enough: they will die turn 2 anyway so...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 06:59 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami View Post
Thanks for all the kind words!

I'm not completely happy with the "claws".. I am still not able to get that effect looking good. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

Basing material and more paints should be arriving sometime next week, looking forward to that.
Use a red Glaze. if you're trying to bring down the intensity a little its a perfect solution. And well done on all your models so far man. heres a cookie

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-13, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

So yeah.. I know I promised this almost a week ago, but I've been super busy. Anyway, here's a review of the Maulerfiend box (really, it's only for shits and giggles).

Forgefiend/Maulerfiend box review

I plan on adding a Maulerfiend to my CSM army, painting it Black Legion style. The idea of a machine-beast storming forwards to rip apart the enemy really gets my black chaos heart pounding. I’ve put together a little review of the box’s contents, and will proceed by assembling it in this review. A painting review will hopefully come later.

The box and its contents

The box is your typical GW box, albeit a lot bigger than what I expected it to be (see comparison to Chaos Terminator Lord box)! It’s got the usual descriptions along with the obligatory Games-Workshop-shoving-products-down-your-throat-statement “we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints”.

Inside we find two spruces and a large oval base, along with an instruction book.

Flipping through the book quickly makes you realize you’re quite happy having it there; there are a lot of parts involved in the assembling of one of these beasts. You have the option of making either a Maulerfiend, a Forgefiend with dual Hades Autocannons or a Forgefiend with dual Ectoplasma Cannons and an additional Ectoplasma Cannon acting as the Forgefiend’s head; “headmounted”. Since I am planning on using a Maulerfiend this will be the point of focus.

Cutting out and cleaning

It took me about 20 minutes just to remove the 36 different parts from the spruces. Yes, that’s thirty-six different parts to clean the mold lines and spruce connectors off of. Let the slow but sure decline to insanity begin…

So after about 1½ hours of painful cleaning of mold lines, I am pleased with how the parts turned out. I am ready to assemble the model!

Assembling

So a lot of the parts of the model are halves which need to be glued together to form a whole (duh…). Most of the parts are pretty straight forward in how to assemble. However some smaller parts were tricky to determine where to place. Even though I’m an engineer I couldn’t figure it out and had to consult the instruction book.

Moving forward…

So now that the major components are assembled I’m not going to make the mistake of putting together the whole model before painting. Instead I’m going to be painting the components one-by-one. I think this will fit me better as I feel that painting the entire model at once can be quite daunting. It gives me the motivation to do my very best for each individual component.

I will be posting updates on my painting in the future, however there’s a ton to do at work and most of my weekends are booked with activities for quite some time forward. This means that I’ll have a few hours every evening to paint. Wish me luck as I take on, what I personally think is, one of the coolest models available!

It’s big!

Just how big is this fleshmetal daemon? Check the picture below for a reference…

Miami out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
black legion , chaos space marines , csm , plog , project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode