Iraqiel, devourer of misery of the Legion of Sorrows - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-08, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Default Iraqiel, devourer of misery of the Legion of Sorrows

Right, when I joined I said that I had a daemon prince/greater daemon conversion planned, and now I'm starting the thread to chronicle my attempts. This model is to go into play as the nominal figurehead of my chaos space marines 'Legion of Sorrows' or my demon spearhead... or really where ever I want him.

Firstly, I feel the need to get better with green stuff. I've had some unfortunate calamaties with it which have meant that I've had to start said conversion from square one a few times.

Secondly, I need a glue that actually works on the metallic models, since my selleys 'supa-glue' doesn't seem up to the job, and only glues my fingers together (which does NOT help when I'm trying to get gs work done).

Thirdly, my camera is not too high on the quality scales, for which I apologise, since I haven't been able to get nicely focused shots of any of my models, least of all this conversion

Right, since I'm essentially creating my avatar for the table top, I felt the need to be extremely dramatic in my presentation. I started looking at possible models to convert. After blundering around thinking I was going to do some MAJOR greenstuff work, I happened on the nightbringer/sanguinius conversion. This inspired me, so I bought a deciever and some griffon wings.

I had intended to use fabric to add clothes etc. to my conversion, and I think it is still a good idea in theory, however having attempted this the shape of my model unfortunately made my clothing designs unworkable in this instance.

Pictures are of conversion up to current stage (sorry for the lack of detail) and shots of csm army as of a while ago... early may.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angel_1.JPG (35.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg angel_2.JPG (32.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg armymay.JPG (54.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg defilermay.JPG (54.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg legionnaresmay.JPG (51.0 KB, 57 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-08, 03:07 PM

Argitist's Flag is: USA

I like the picks!! Can't wait to see him finished.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe one of the new washes or something to make them pop, if your into that kinda thing... I haven't used them at all though, they just look promising, haha. Sometimes solid colors just works well.

Last edited by Argitist; 07-03-08 at 03:10 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-08, 03:49 PM

looks pretty good from what I can see.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-08, 04:13 PM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

Loving the daemon prince conversion so far...for clothes, maybe try some tissue soaked in PVA? Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 09:34 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Thats a very nice looking conversion so far.

Please go borrow a camera from somebody I wanna see more.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Default More photoes

I've decided not to clothe him, because when experimenting I discovered that soaking things in PVA tends to make them shiney, no matter how much I watered it down... molto irritating. So I've come up with a different plan that you shall hopefully see come into fruition shortly. Also, I've entered him in the conversion competition.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-08, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Default 05 Aug 08 Iraqiel

Ok, so I've been a bit distracted by work and a squad of daemonettes that tried to seduce me into painting them first, but I've made a bit of progress.

Also fluffwise... I'm considering being very pretentious... more on that after the pics.

And an older but more detailed shot:

Ok, my fluff:

Who knows what happened 10 millenia ago, when the Emperor and the broken body of Sanguinius were returned from the corrupted, warp twisted hulk that was once the pride of the warmaster's fleet? As the Emperor was rushed towards the Imperial Palace, before the golden throne was invented, when his attention was still torn between the grief at Horus' ultimate betrayal, and maintiaining his psychic defence of the warp-gate spawned in his laboratory by Magnus' warning, what happened to Sanguinius' body?

Already once twisted by its brush with the warp, the body of Sanguinius was intrinsically woven with the demi-elemental fabric of the warp. And though Sanguinius' life had ebbed away as he lay torn at Horus' feet, the Emperor's genetic programing put him into the stasis that allowed a spark of life, if nothing more, to remain within the shell of his body. And so, as he lay embalmed and ready for burial at the head of a legion of fallen heroes, his carapice irreparably destroyed, subtle tendrils of the warp hid his life from the Terrans, and so he was laid to rest.

As the Emperor slowly weakened, an unknown entity of the warp was able to infiltrate his vigil of the warp gate in his palace, and steal away Sanguinius from his mauseleum. Now, after a thousand years hidden within the twists of time and pseudo-space of the warp, he has awakened. And he sees instead of a glorius crusading humanity that he left, a twisted, bloated beast in its death throes. Dismayed, he casts through the visions shown to him through the warp, sees the vast tide of aliens pushing back mankind's hold on his planets, sees the vast departmento munitorium sacrifice needless billions of souls to the xenoform, the arch-traitors' forces, and to the soulless void of an existance that faces almost every citizen of the Emperium. And he knows that he can lead mankind from this brink of annihilation, given the right tools.
But one thing, one vital thing must be accomplished first.

DEATH TO THE CORRUPTION!
DEATH TO THE WANING OF MANKIND!
RELEASE THE SOUL OF THE EMPEROR!
I AM IRAQIEL, AND I WILL BRING TO YOU SORROW!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 07 Aug 08

I have added more detail and applied the basecoat on the wings. Completion is nigh!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-08, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Geez, no replies... any problems that you guys can see?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-08, 11:43 PM
Haraldrr's Flag is: England

looks nice to me

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode