Death Guard & The Angels of Ecstasy: A story of filth and debauchery - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 01:23 AM

Tugger's Flag is: Canada

Some solid work! I cant wait to get my FW stuff and start building my actual DG and not just zombies haha

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all."

— Primarch Mortarion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-14, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Slowly painting up my second squad of Plague Marines atm "Dispersers of Rot".

Heres some WIP.

Lookin at me.jpg

"you lookin' at me?"

Champ.jpg

The champion of the squad, haven't chosen a name for him yet, but it's gotta be bad arse. He's got a power fist ffs! AND A COMBI MELTA!

Front trim.jpg

Back trim.jpg

So far, just a Death World Forest base coat with a heavy wash or 2 of Agrax Earthshade. Then the metal trim in Leadbelcher. Once they are all trimmed up I'll wash them again and then go over them with the "finer" details.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

And here begins some of my Angels of Ecstasy. A Slaanesh traitor warband. I've bought the Crimson Slaughter supp and I hate how the CS look. I know its blasphemy, blah blah blah, whatever. I'm also not a fan of the Crimson Slaughter anyway, so I thought, I'll use the supp to make my Death Guard or my AoE, or just use my regular codex for either one. Depends how I'm feeling. Anyway. I've started by doing up some noise marines.

Noise Champion.PNG

Champ side.PNG

Here is the Noise Marine champion. He isn't named yet but He has a slain daemon of Tzeentch head as his shoulder pad. To celebrate his victory, he snapped the horns off the daemon and shoved them into his own head to feel the pleasure of victory.

Blast Master.PNG

Here's my Blastmaster...

Noise Marine.PNG

Noise side.PNG

And this is my Noise Marine carrying his sonic blaster, the steel guitar strings are a pain to work with but hey, it's what I got. It's the first time using a material like this on my models too, as some of you have probably seen none of my models have this on them.

Noise marine string.PNG

This is the same marine with his gun done up to resemble a Sonic Blaster, minus strings obviously.

AoE Lord.PNG

And this is the Lord of my Angels of Ecstasy. Not sure if I should be putting some Greenstuff on him to make him look more Slaaneshi or leave him as is.. Tips are welcome! Cheers guys n gals.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 05:19 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Some nice original stuff here, i particularly like the way you've done the wiring and your creativity with the noise champion. the lord is already a very detailed model, i don't think he really needs much work unless you wanted to do anything ideosyncratic...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Some nice original stuff here, i particularly like the way you've done the wiring and your creativity with the noise champion. the lord is already a very detailed model, i don't think he really needs much work unless you wanted to do anything ideosyncratic...
Thanks Iraqiel, I owe @revolantis for the idea on the conversions on the noise marines. I'd built all the marines (20 in total) and was going to make them nurgle CSM, but when i got the CS supp, I decided on Slaanesh, so I've got some work to do considering some of the models are already glued together. I'm also waiting for some backpacks to become available on Ebay so they can have backpacks so it may be some time until they're 100% completed. As for the Lord, he's a great looking model, far too detailed to be an Aspiring Champion, but I don't think he feels Slaaneshi enough, but there's no detail I want to cover up...

post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Thanks Iraqiel, I owe @revolantis for the idea on the conversions on the noise marines. I'd built all the marines (20 in total) and was going to make them nurgle CSM, but when i got the CS supp, I decided on Slaanesh, so I've got some work to do considering some of the models are already glued together. I'm also waiting for some backpacks to become available on Ebay so they can have backpacks so it may be some time until they're 100% completed. As for the Lord, he's a great looking model, far too detailed to be an Aspiring Champion, but I don't think he feels Slaaneshi enough, but there's no detail I want to cover up...

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-14, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Slaanesh Lord.PNG

My Chapter Master (Chaos Lord) of the Angels of Ecstasy. WIP obviously.

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-16-14, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

in true whittsy fashion I started painting a different model half way through what I was already painting. My termi lord/sorcerer. Some WIP photos

lord.PNG

Here he is before he drenching in Agrax, Death World Forest for the green and Ushanti Bone for the cream

lord side wash.PNG

all drenched up!

tyrannid head.jpg

The Tyrannid head, doing it Hive Fleet Leviathan (but I forgot the colour scheme to it so I painted it pink.... its going to get re-painted proper colours!)

Lord detailed.PNG

Here he is with his most of his details done. He is magnetised, that's why he has no arms.

Unfortunately its quite chilly this morning in Queensland, Australia so I'm unable to paint because of this old girl pip.jpg shes shivering on my lap

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Its been a while since my last post, life has been hectic and now I'm going to have EVEN less time to paint . Snared a job with nearly 50 hours a week O_O. Anyway, I finished this guy a few days ago. Hope you like it, took me a few days with hours invested in him. His base still needs Stirland Mud but I'm saving that for when I've got more than 1 model to base.
lord finished.jpg

Lord finished side.jpg

Lord finished back.PNG

He doubles as a Lord and a Sorcerer. I also need to name him and I need a name that FITS! If you guys can help with that, that'd be schweet!

Lord weapons.jpg

His weapons, all magnetised!

Lord armed.jpg

He he is with combi-bolter and power/force axe!.

post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 07:20 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Ooh, read through this thread, and I very much dig what you've done with the Dark Vengeance minis. Great colors there and on the Raptors.

If I have a bone to pick, it's probably with the Oblitilators--I can't help but feel you used too much Green Stuff and ended up with big mounds of it, where some restraint might have served better. But then, hell, I've kitbashed my own half a dozen sloppy Oblits, so... I'm in little place to talk.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode