Death Guard & The Angels of Ecstasy: A story of filth and debauchery - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 12:29 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Looking good, the blue provides a nice contrast color for them and the rust has come out very well. Nice work. What's next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Looking good, the blue provides a nice contrast color for them and the rust has come out very well. Nice work. What's next?
I dunno. I can't really paint any of my big stuff atm because my spray gun is up the shitter . Started some work on my custom Lord with magnetised arms (only because I'm using him this saturday), but I'm keen to paint my termi lord (also with magnetised weapons) and my termi squad. I just don't know!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 10:08 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Spray gun? Invest in an airbrush my friend, it's worth it trust me, even if only for the reliability!

When in doubt flip a coin I say!

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Spray gun? Invest in an airbrush my friend, it's worth it trust me, even if only for the reliability!
Yes, airbrush was what I meant to say. My old man buggered it somehow (temporarily living in with my parents while I claw my way back into full time work!). It works for about the first minute, then after that it clogs and doesn't spray. It's really doing my head in!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

For those of you who are interested in my work, I'm currently working on some obliterators (Mutilator models). My green stuff work is puss to say the least, but thankfully my brother has helped me out in lending me his bitz box (full of loyalist heavy weapons he hasn't used) so now instead of green stuffing dodgey looking cannons on, I can now green stuff BIG GUNZ onto them making them look like the stupidly over gunned monstrosities that they are! Pictures to come in the week. In the mean time, I've built up my 2nd plague marine squad and 3 bikers i got for christmas!

Biker chainsword.jpg

Biker champ.PNG

Biker head down.jpg

Bringers of Decay - biker squad

oblits.PNG

soon to be obliterators

and Sorcerer axe.PNG my sorcerer whos spear tip snapped off so i've glued a chaos knights halberd on

post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

My Autocannon Havoc squad WIP.

champ +1.jpg

autocannons 2.jpg

autocannon handheld.jpg

autocannonnn.PNG

The last is obviously an autocannon, the 2 guys without guns will hold one of these badboys each.

post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

As in usual whittsy fashion, I've delayed painting to do more modelling....

As promised earlier in the thread I've modeled 3/4 of my Obliterators. Critisism is welcome but dont be too over critical of my greenstuff work, I know it sucks, but I just cant figure out how to make it look.... nurgley.. like so many other people >_<! Ah well, here they are.

oblit1.jpg

oblit1two.jpg

Oblit2.jpg

Oblit2two.jpg

Oblit2three.jpg

Oblit3.jpg

Oblit3two.jpg

Oblit3three.jpg

All, well most of the parts have come from my brothers SM bitz box, some are from my Havoc conversion stuff (so from IG heavy weapons teams) and sponson Heavy Bolters n what not. Hope the heretics approve of these abominations of life and see past my shitty GS work and see the trueness of them.... their ability to ... ahh... obliterate

post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 11:36 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Dont sell yourself short whittsy. I think the GS work you have done with these guys is awesome. It looks properly Nurgle as its pockmarked and lumpy. Exactly what i would have expected from a disciple of the lord of rot.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 06:28 PM

Looks awesome the only thing I would say is the edges of the greenstuff where it meets the plastic look a little too ''smooth''. Maybe add another thin strip of greenstuff in those areas and, poke/drag & pull the greenstuff outward to kinda bring it together. The thinner the better though, it'll look like slime and torn/rotten flesh. I actually have a nurgle army back in Texas. Always nice to see other nurgle armies.

Check out my 1st company Warriors of Ultramar project log.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=142953

Last edited by cole.mvb; 02-27-14 at 06:32 PM.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-14, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole.mvb View Post
Looks awesome the only thing I would say is the edges of the greenstuff where it meets the plastic look a little too ''smooth''. Maybe add another thin strip of greenstuff in those areas and, poke/drag & pull the greenstuff outward to kinda bring it together. The thinner the better though, it'll look like slime and torn/rotten flesh. I actually have a nurgle army back in Texas. Always nice to see other nurgle armies.

better oblit2.jpg

better oblits1.jpg

betteroblits1.jpg

betteroblits2.jpg

betteroblt.jpg

I did as you suggested and put a thin layer of GS on the edges and sread it out. Great tip. Cheers!

And he's the same tip put into place on my bikers

bikers.jpg

biker1.PNG

bikerchamp.jpg

biker2.PNG

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode