Death Guard & The Angels of Ecstasy: A story of filth and debauchery - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Ahhhh.... i see it. Damn close up photos, bringing out all the imperfections!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Here's the DV chosen with their Lord Eliphas. Many kills have these men been involved in.... mostly Dark Angels deathwing bikers. Muhahahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chosen pre wash.jpg (147.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg chosen axe.jpg (98.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg chosen fist.jpg (83.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png chosen claws.PNG (478.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg chosen maul.jpg (105.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg chosne bolters.jpg (108.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg chosen squad.jpg (117.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png chosen and lord.PNG (411.2 KB, 8 views)

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

nurgle sorc.jpg

nurgle sorc back.jpg

scorcerer.jpg

sorcerer back.PNG

sorcerer side.jpg

this is my forgeworld sorcerer. He is unnamed as yet. I'm more than happy to take suggestions for names though. Something that fits his model. Thanks guys.

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 12:18 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Nice work all round there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 09:26 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
I found the cultists to be incredible! What colours did you use for them?
Both are painted very simply.
Tybore's Thorn (Tybore is the cultist with the axe and claw and his retinue) is painted in Ogryn Camo then washed with Anthonian Camoshade with Nurgling Green highlights. The "rust" on the bronze was done with Stegadon Scale Green, then Sotek Green and finally Temple Guard Blue.

Duke's Raiders (Duke the one with the shotgun) Is also very simple.
Castellan Green with the Anthonian Camoshade and then highlighted with Elysian Green. Rust on these guys is done with Rhinox Hide, then Skrag Brown then Troll Slayer Orange.

post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

sorcerer done.PNG

sorcerer done back.PNG

This is the near completion rate of my sorcerer. He's just got a few touch ups to do on the spears shaft and the banners pole plus the base needs some sprucing up.

post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-13, 09:11 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
Both are painted very simply.
Tybore's Thorn (Tybore is the cultist with the axe and claw and his retinue) is painted in Ogryn Camo then washed with Anthonian Camoshade with Nurgling Green highlights. The "rust" on the bronze was done with Stegadon Scale Green, then Sotek Green and finally Temple Guard Blue.

Duke's Raiders (Duke the one with the shotgun) Is also very simple.
Castellan Green with the Anthonian Camoshade and then highlighted with Elysian Green. Rust on these guys is done with Rhinox Hide, then Skrag Brown then Troll Slayer Orange.
Why thank you very much!
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

As you will come to see from me is I usually start painting something, then change to another project. Its a flaw I have but I get these ideas and need to put them to use! I have half painted up some termis and my predator tank, then i change to my raptors, then my sorcerer (the one I have posted up here but still have not finished! UGH) Anyway, I punched out my raptors with the help of the new effect paints, hope you guys like them! (I had to reformat my hard drive so I lost all my pictures on my computer, I'm downloading Dropbox again so I'll post up some WIP pictures of them I have any.....)

I DID! YES!

2 raptor base.PNG

3 raptor base.PNG

raptor base.PNG

raptor top base.PNG

SO basically its the usual Death World Forest base coat and Iron Breaker for the metals (I will be phasing out Iron Breaker and using Lead Belcher because A) Its better quality and B) It's better god damn quality!)

Raptor dry.PNG

As we see here, Lead Belcher dry brush on the guns and chain swords. (much better quality!) Forgive the only 1 photo, they all look the same really and don't want to overload this post.

Raptor green high lights.PNG

Raptor green HLights.PNG

Here I've put the line of Elysian Green on the edge of the armour plates after a drenching of Agrax Earthshade (about 2 - 3 coats of it each model) Some of it looks a bit dodgey (thicker lines than other parts etc)because my very fine detail brush was up the shitter and my detail brush wasn't looking much better....

Raptor blue.PNG

Raptors blue.jpg

And then Temple Guard Blue on the vents and plasma just to break up the green, was an experiment, its a bit iffy in some parts but from regular "playing the game distance from the eye" they don't look bad at all. More photos of these guys to come in a post soon to come.

post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

And here they are competed (bar the drybrush on base and the vanilla helmet on the champions base.)

Typhus Corrosion + Rust.PNG

Here is some of the work I've done with Typhus Corrosion and the Rust paint, quite good effects.

Raptor 1.PNG
Raptor 1 top.PNG
Another Raptor.PNG

Plasma Raptor.PNG

And some closer looks at the blue vents/plasma.

Plasma Raptor side.PNG

Raptor Champ.PNG

Raptor Champ2.PNG

The champion of the squad, probably going to name him Rocky, with his power fist and plasma pistol. He likes it in close, he's in the arse kicking business, and business is goooooood.

The Gang.jpg

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode