All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 92 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #911 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-30-18, 01:14 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well thatís deep!
Good to see you back on the heresy train.
Whatís your Instagram?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #912 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-30-18, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Well thatís deep!
Good to see you back on the heresy train.
Whatís your Instagram?
Holy shit, DD! Good to see you!

You can find me on https://www.instagram.com/nordoc_minis/.

I will write a longer post later this week on here, with a few examples of my latest work.
post #913 of 923 (permalink) Old 09-02-18, 02:44 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
... I will write a longer post later this week on here, with a few examples of my latest work.
Famous last words!

Of course I've been absent many moons for the same reasons.

Sold a house, moved, changed jobs, bought a house, worked a lot, spent a year renovating, moved again. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I hope you're well!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

post #914 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-07-19, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Famous last words!

Of course I've been absent many moons for the same reasons.

Sold a house, moved, changed jobs, bought a house, worked a lot, spent a year renovating, moved again. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I hope you're well!
Ha yeah, that did take a while, didn't it? I suppose I owe that update now :D

First up, I'm not dead or out of the hobby. I just started painting again here a few months back after 6 monhts out, due to various circumstances. But to go back to the start; Why did I stop posting here on Heresy-Online and why am I suddenly posting here again.

The short version is that I reached a point in my hobby life, where I didn't enjoy painting. I felt like I didn't get the results I wanted, that I spent way too long on techniques with a suboptimal result and in general that I felt a bit... lost. I was looking at my miniatures but I didn't "feel" them anymore. I sat with the feelint that I was painting more to the standards that I was seeing everywhere, but not a style or a standard that catered to me and my own artistic flare.

Simply put, I didn't like what I was doing.

So I took a step back for a month or so, and started thinking about what I wanted to do. Not what was expected of the miniatures that I painted, but what really appealed to me. I have always been drawn to the darkness in terms of style, be it movies, music or art - In particular that of the author Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Candyman, etc.). So I decided to completely reboot my painting style and my entire collection. From scratch.

I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of artists to get inspiration. I got to learn some amazing talents and even made some friends along the way, that I am now sharing tips and tricks with; people like ThirdEyeNuke, Zatcasgagoon and Egregoure. After spending months on de-learning my old techniques and taking on new techniques, I went to work on my entire collection (roughly 11.000 points of Chaos Marines and 10.000 points of Daemons) with a new style, new bases and a new flare for painting.

I loved it. I was feeling the creativity flow. It was faster, it was way more fun and the results I got was completely up my alley. The Erebous a few posts up was one of the first I did in the new style and he took me 1/3 of the time that my old techniques did.

After a while, I created a Facebookpage and an Instagrampage. I didn't wish to make any sort of commission work, but I used it to find a audience similar to this forum; A group of people to share my progress with and to build a small community around. It's going decently well (around 500 likes on Facebook and 530'ish on Instagram), so I thought about returning here - My place of origin, where I posted tutorials and participated in painting competitions, when I was learning the ropes.

So here I am, back from a longer personal journey and happier in my hobby life than ever. I have some really fun projects to show you all in the coming weeks and months, but I can start off with this little bad boy: A Word Bearer Renegade Knight, that has been my biggest custom job to date:

And with that, I bid you adieu for tonight. I will do my best to write a hell of a lot more often than I have, and be active again. Now that I have the passion back and some new models to show you (and new tutorials if you want them) it's time to get back to the old forums.

I'll see you all soon!
Old Man78 and Subtle Discord like this.
post #915 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-07-19, 07:35 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I like chips but I love that! Stellar work old boy, stellar work.

post #916 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-07-19, 09:42 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Welcome back, and good work!

What do you think of the new model of the Despoiler?

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #917 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-09-19, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
I like chips but I love that! Stellar work old boy, stellar work.
Thanks a lot buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
Welcome back, and good work!

What do you think of the new model of the Despoiler?
Thank you! I like some variations of it. The face with the mask and no-cape is definitely my favorite combo. It gives him a menace that I haven't seen in the model before, and I want that guy to be a goddamn force of nature on the tabletop. I can't wait to paint him personally :D
post #918 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-14-19, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Right, so I promised to show a few more examples of my recent work. Seeing as we have a buttload of awesome Chaos models on the way, it seems fitting that I show my take on the Worldclaimer and his posse, that I converted and painted up recently.

Now, I admit that I didn't like the rules for the Worldclaimer. I loved the model, but there are some many wrongs with the rules to the model. So I decided to make use of the model and convert him into a Jumplord with a combi-plasma instead, so he has more flexibility and buffs more units than just melee-raptors. I also changed his shoulder, so he is a part of the Word Bearers legion - You know, my legion.

I got to try out some new techniques with the glow effects, as I wanted to try and achieve it without the use of an airbrush. After doing some research, I went at it and got this result.

Now a Lord needs a posse as well. I've long waited for an excuse to paint Warptalons and this was the perfect excuse to finally get some. Using the same methodology on these that I did on the lord, they came out with a good gritty and dirty feel, that I was very satisfied with.

Right now, I'm working on repainting my 3 Helbrutes, that I used to make my tutorial back in the day, here on Heresy-Online. Then I should be ready for the Shadowspear box - Boy oh boy, am I looking forward to that one!

I hope you like the direction of the army and, as always, I'd love your input.
Kreuger likes this.
post #919 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-14-19, 04:28 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Welcome back (back)!

I just barely got back into the hobby myself. I only recently got my miniatures desk reassembled after my move and phase 1of my home renovation.

These guys look great! One criticism is the mold lines on that ultramarine on the base.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #920 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-15-19, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Welcome back (back)!

I just barely got back into the hobby myself. I only recently got my miniatures desk reassembled after my move and phase 1of my home renovation.

These guys look great!
Thanks! This time it should be a bit more permanent though And congratulations on your first phase of the house renovation - What are you getting done?

Quote:
One criticism is the mold lines on that ultramarine on the base.
Yeah, I noticed it myself when it was done, but I couldn't be arsed to remove it and repaint the whole marine. I'm lazy, I know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode