All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 91 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #901 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-08-17, 11:52 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Those look impressive, great work my favorite @Nordicus

*In fine print - you may, or may not, be the only Nordicus I know*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-08-17, 11:54 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Stunning work as ever mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #903 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-17-17, 08:48 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Those Knights look mean!

The poses + the base work really makes them come to life!

post #904 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-26-17, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Time for an update! As I'm trying to update my Instagram more and more often, I find myself doing a bit fewer but usually larger updates on my various blogs, as honestly it's easier to put WIP pictures up on a media as Instagram. That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't see what I'm doing though, as I've been here for quite some time after all.

I'm in a fun place in my painting at the moment. I'm trying out new things and developing the gritty and bloody painting style I've started a few months back, and honestly it's a lot more fun than what I did previously. I really like painting this way and the end results are just up my alley. I know it's a more extreme style as some will undoubtedly hate it, but I'm ok with that - Some doesn't like a airbrushed look, some don't like the brushed look, some like the cartoonish style and some like a more gritty approach - It's the diversity in the hobby that's fun to see. In the end I find it most important what I think is fun to paint and what I think is cool to look at, as 85% of the time it's me that look at the miniatures.

That being said, I will always value you guys opinions and feedback. It's what has gotten me from a novice painter who started 5 years ago, to the painter that I am today. I can't thank you enough for your patience and willingness to inspire. You guys are awesome!

Now, what have I been painting recently? Well, seeing as I have a Word Bearer force as my primary army I found it best to start the year of with a major character: Erebus himself!

As you can see, I went with a gritty and over-exposed look as I wanted him to be as menacing as he is in the books. I went with a green fire at his staff, to give some more contrast and delved a bit more into the battledamage to the armor with dirt, mud and metal.

I hope you like him!
post #905 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-26-17, 06:41 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Time for an update! As I'm trying to update my Instagram more and more often, I find myself doing a bit fewer but usually larger updates on my various blogs, as honestly it's easier to put WIP pictures up on a media as Instagram. That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't see what I'm doing though, as I've been here for quite some time after all.

I'm in a fun place in my painting at the moment. I'm trying out new things and developing the gritty and bloody painting style I've started a few months back, and honestly it's a lot more fun than what I did previously. I really like painting this way and the end results are just up my alley. I know it's a more extreme style as some will undoubtedly hate it, but I'm ok with that - Some doesn't like a airbrushed look, some don't like the brushed look, some like the cartoonish style and some like a more gritty approach - It's the diversity in the hobby that's fun to see. In the end I find it most important what I think is fun to paint and what I think is cool to look at, as 85% of the time it's me that look at the miniatures.

That being said, I will always value you guys opinions and feedback. It's what has gotten me from a novice painter who started 5 years ago, to the painter that I am today. I can't thank you enough for your patience and willingness to inspire. You guys are awesome!

Now, what have I been painting recently? Well, seeing as I have a Word Bearer force as my primary army I found it best to start the year of with a major character: Erebus himself!

As you can see, I went with a gritty and over-exposed look as I wanted him to be as menacing as he is in the books. I went with a green fire at his staff, to give some more contrast and delved a bit more into the battledamage to the armor with dirt, mud and metal.

I hope you like him!
man great job, Erebus looks certifiably insane.
post #906 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-28-17, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Thanks man! I'm glad you like him as he has been sitting on my shelf for like a year, and I only just got the courage to try my hand at him.

Now he's been assembled along with 10 Terminators whom I am testing out my theme at the moment. It's evident that the sculpt are a bit older, especially on the clear lines where you are more dependant on your steady hand than many modern models. Still, the older models deserve respect and have to look as good as the others!

Here's what 3 of them look like now:

Now to continue on with the rest of them.
post #907 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-29-17, 05:21 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Dear sweet fucking christ!

That Erebus is truly awesome mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #908 of 923 (permalink) Old 02-05-17, 04:05 PM

DkMiBuch's Flag is: Denmark

You continue to inspire, my friend!

That Erebus job is just terrific. I'm totally on board with your new gritty style, and can't wait to see more!
post #909 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-28-18, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

It's been a while hasn't it?

A lot has happened the last year. For my hobby I've started a instagram profile, revamped my paintstyle, gotten a facebook page up and running. I even did a few commissions here and there and am a guest writer on a blog where I write tutorials. A long road from my started journeys here at Heresy Online.

In my persoal life I've gotten married, bought a new house (moving in September 1st), gotten a new job and gotten my first few white hairs.

With all the above in mind, I've often thought of this blog and what to do with it. Should I revive it and show my work here, and do some more tutorials? To all of my old readers, what do you think?

Hugs,
Nordicus
post #910 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-29-18, 02:35 AM
jin

This is my first post in years, I think.

Life sounds good.
Grey hairs, well, you will get used to them.
Weeks will pass like days.

When traveling,
one cannot carry everything.
What you carry is important,
because it is what you will have with you when you get there.
This is also why luggage is important.

So, my advice?
Get some very good luggage, and keep that.
Whatever doesn't help in the travel,
or will serve you when you arrive at your destination,
leave that behind.

Technology has done a lot for us,
including extended memory past its prior useful function.
We are supposed to forget, to be forgotten.
We can't keep everything with us, day to day.

Send a ping every once in a while.
I suppose that the time that it takes for a response,
and the loudness of that that response,
is a measure of the distance that you will have traveled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode