All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 90 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #891 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-21-16, 09:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Liking the Juggernaut conversion. I always wanted to do one up for 40k that didn't count as a thunderwolf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #892 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-22-16, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Liking the Juggernaut conversion. I always wanted to do one up for 40k that didn't count as a thunderwolf.
Thanks man - It's a fairly simple conversion, but it works pretty well. Sometimes it's the simple things that work best
post #893 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-22-16, 10:15 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Absolutely love those Varanguard conversions! Might just try something similar in the future myself.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #894 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-28-16, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Right, I've had time to experiment a tad on the various forces before I started on the Cabal. I wanted them to look as cool as possible, but with my new approach in mind. If in doubt, I'm talking about the more gritty approach that I got with my Slaanesh daemons.

I made two Juggernauts my test subjects. Two models that I've had forever and never really got around to re-do; My juggerlord from my CSM section and a Juggerherald from my Daemon section.

I started out by playing around with the steeds themselves. I always liked the metallic steeds more than the red ones, so after playing around for the better part of 2 hours, I got to this stage:

After making the bronze pop a bit more and adding blood effects, I got started on the Khorne herald. I wanted a more brown/orange'ish approach to the red, instead of the pure red you mostly see on the Bloodletters. Additionally I wanted to go for black feet and hands, ever since I saw that paintscheme in the Khorne Daemonkin codex. I also decided to not add any lighting effects, but keep it down and dirty - The only pop effect being the sword he holds.

After around an hour and a halfs worth of airbrushing, washing, drybrushing and a bit of blending, I got him to a stage that I liked. Here he is:

After having gotten the Khorne herald down, I was more confident in my reds and general aesthetic so I started on the Juggerlord himself. I decided to try and start the metallics with a brighter shade than I normally do, as the metallics quickly become to dark that you can barely see them for the blacks. After this model, I found out that it's definitely the right way to go. Until my lightbox is home, here is a quick shot of the guy in all of his bloody glory:

A productive Sunday I have to admit. Now I want to get started on my cabal!
post #895 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-30-16, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

You don't know trims until you paint a Varanguard. Holy shit!

post #896 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-30-16, 09:39 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
You don't know trims until you paint a Varanguard. Holy shit!

You freaking love it Nord!
post #897 of 923 (permalink) Old 11-30-16, 10:13 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

@Nordicus hmm, that's a lot of trim but I think the Heldrake is still significantly worse.

Looks good though!

I'm guessing you're still going to do more washing and shading on the trim, yes?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #898 of 923 (permalink) Old 12-01-16, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Oh yes, it's going to end up just like the metallic silver on the Juggerlord

And yeah... Heldrakes. I've still got 3 unfinished ones that are staring at me...

Last edited by Nordicus; 12-01-16 at 07:41 AM.
post #899 of 923 (permalink) Old 12-01-16, 02:29 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
And yeah... Heldrakes. I've still got 3 unfinished ones that are staring at me...
Muahahahahaaaa!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #900 of 923 (permalink) Old 01-08-17, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

First of all, a very Happy New Year to everyone stopping by! I hope you all had a great holiday with your family and friends, while maintaining all of your fingers.

Now that the holiday greetings are out of the way, I can gladly say that the cabal is finished. Honestly they took longer than I'd like but the amount of trims on these dudes had me going through a momentary weariness, that I had to fight off. The second the trim was done, I was at full speed once again.

I continued my venture into the more gritty side of painting that I started with my Daemonettes and Juggerlord so these guys were a challenge to say the least. I wanted to not overdo it but keep them simple and striking. The result is this:

As proof of all 6 of them being done, here's the infamous group-shot:

I hope you like them - If you want more pictures of them, feel free to PM me and I'll send a few. I'm trying to keep the clutter down but they are so distinct each of them, that a groupshot doesn't really do them justice. I hope a picture of one of them can give a sense of where I went with them though

Not unto new things! I'll be back soon!
DkMiBuch and ExaltedUrizen like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode