All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 83 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #821 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-04-16, 04:51 PM
jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I'm not sure if you've ever tried a airbrush before - But if you haven't, then be sure to practice before you go on a model as big as a knight. It's not just a tool you pick up and go with. It's a completely new beast to master and it takes time to learn.

If you need anything, you know where to find me
yeah, i had used an airbrush a long time ago painting model rockets and model trucks and then i started smoking and drinking and then it sat in a box forever.
so, basically a first timer but the proof is as they say in the doin...
and that means, as you reinforce, practice.
time.
which is the big stopper and why most of my 'hobby' these days (years?) is this forum and a few other outlets.

Quote:
3) Painting Kairos Fateweaver

This guy.... I have absolutely no idea what to do with him. My Tzeentch army is going to be pretty colourfull, but this is one model that I've yet to see a model that isn't looking like a Gay Parade flag - And I'm not sure how I want to do him. My thoughts are:

- Wings are going to be raven black, with satin varnish to give them a little spark.
- Beaks are going to be black with gloss varnish.
- Skin will be done the same as my Blue Horrors, as I like that arcane look.
- The cloth... Honestly I'm not sure. The traditional is white, but I still haven't figured out how to do white cloth properly. Any tips is appreciated.
- The staff will be gold primarily with metal details.

I have a feeling I'm going to be painting this guy over and over again. He is the first model in ages, where I just stare at him and go "What the hell am I going to do with you"
when i was paintin inquisition models a long time ago, parchment and robes of different colors were everywhere. for me, it is drybrush multiple layers from a brown base into an ivory, wet blend from that dark brown into a bright top, let dry, add patterns, decals, then stains and weathering effects.
that said, given that i am the one watching your progress pics, you will end up doing a better job than i could anyways./.

Last edited by jin; 04-04-16 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #822 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-05-16, 02:21 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, just had to get that off my chest. It's just the fact you said you were off to Thailand and doing Pink Horrors in the same post.....

Anyway, nice update on what you're up to. Looking forward to seeing some paint splashed over those guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #823 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-05-16, 03:27 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
3) Painting Kairos Fateweaver

This guy.... I have absolutely no idea what to do with him. My Tzeentch army is going to be pretty colourfull, but this is one model that I've yet to see a model that isn't looking like a Gay Parade flag - And I'm not sure how I want to do him. My thoughts are:

- Wings are going to be raven black, with satin varnish to give them a little spark.
- Beaks are going to be black with gloss varnish.
- Skin will be done the same as my Blue Horrors, as I like that arcane look.
- The cloth... Honestly I'm not sure. The traditional is white, but I still haven't figured out how to do white cloth properly. Any tips is appreciated.
- The staff will be gold primarily with metal details.

I have a feeling I'm going to be painting this guy over and over again. He is the first model in ages, where I just stare at him and go "What the hell am I going to do with you"

The blue horror look sound great but I have a pair of thoughts.
-Wings, do the feathers black but with a dark blue or Purple highlight, the upper wings, which is skin, keep in the blue horror theme.
-Cloths, do them in the same dark blue or purple as the highlights on the feathers. I Think that would bind the model together wonderfully.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #824 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-06-16, 05:34 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I realize you have you own ideas, and I like the idea of black chunks vs other areas, but I figure I may as well throw up an image of my own Fatey (kitbashed) for a chance at inspiration. I dig how my blue-flesh-into-green-feathers-into-tips-of-yellow/orange blend turned out, myself!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #825 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-06-16, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I dig how my blue-flesh-into-green-feathers-into-tips-of-yellow/orange blend turned out, myself!
That is a great idea - I never considered green feathers, but that would be a great addition to the mini as he will have green fire on him as well. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
-Cloths, do them in the same dark blue or purple as the highlights on the feathers. I Think that would bind the model together wonderfully.
Thanks man! I tried it out yesterday, and the model came out a bit too dark with this theme. I did like the idea though, so thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Nordicus; 04-06-16 at 08:16 AM.
post #826 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-07-16, 07:45 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey Nord, I think the special treatment Kairos needs is oil slick iridescence. Look for specialty washes or inks in a traditional art store. Color changing paint etc.

I think he would work particularly well if you carefully managed the contrast between the stark darkness (possibly with little pin points of light) and very bright vibrant parts of the model.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #827 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 01:39 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

@Nordicus , I had a return to chaos the other day with my Apocalypse campaign Guard turning traitor to make up Chaos numbers and starting a Path to Glory campaign with a friend of mine, chaos v space wolves. So, I've started to dust off the old Chaos Space Marines, painted an AoS guy as a Lord and may actually start painting the cultists that I've owned since the DV release soon...

... And I'll be looking to this plog for inspiration!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #828 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Rightio, back from Thailand (with no STD's or pink horrors in my suitcase) so now I can get started on this guy. I'm not gonna lie, it's going to be awefully close to the deadline, buit I believe I can make it!

I have some ideas I want to try out, thanks to all of your excellent advice. Thanks a bunch everyone - You're all awesome!

I will be back soon with updates.
post #829 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-27-16, 07:10 AM
jin

Quote:
Rightio, back from Thailand (with no STD's or pink horrors in my suitcase) so now I can get started on this guy.
STDs in your suitcase?
Day-um!
How did those get there?
Probably from the TSA or the baggage handler sifting for gold.
post #830 of 923 (permalink) Old 04-30-16, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

And there we go, my painting pledge for this month got through - Well most of it. I finished the Horrors and Fateweaver for the month, and I will withdraw Zarduk Layak as I don't want to rush him. I could probably finish him today, but I would rather take my time with him.

Fateweaver was an absolute bitch to get through - I don't know why but I think I re-painted him like 3 times as I couldn't nail a colour theme that I was satisfied with. In the end, he came out like this:

I'm fairly satisfied, but I can happily admit that I'm struggling with the vibrant colour themes at this scale. I'm simply too cautious with the vibrant colors and I'm scared of making him look like a cartoon. I'm much better with the dark and broody themes, such as my Word Bearers.

In the same spirit, the Horrors got done too.

Same thing applies, but these are smaller and with less detail. I will probably feel at home later on with the vibrant themes of the Tzeentch department, but for now it's a learning process. This has by far been the trickiest god to paint for me as it's so far out of my comfort zone that I couldn't even explain it if I tried.

At least I got to try out my Tzeentch base theme with resin crystals and some tinting for lighting. I quite like it and it fits the other themes that I have for my other Chaos gods well.

I'll end this post off with a group shot of what I got painted this month. Considering I was in Thailand for a week and that Dark Souls 3 got released, plus a week with sickness, I'm fairly satisfied with the amount of work done:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode