All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 70 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #691 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-07-15, 10:14 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally I think the reds look spot on, it's a great contrast between the mat green olive skin tone and the fresh guts.
Looking forward to seeing more��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-07-15, 10:16 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Speaking of Christmas only 12 weeks
post #693 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-12-15, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
You might want to dial back the red even further. Right now you're on the edge of "Christmas colours" which is often a danger with green/red Nurgle models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
Kreuger is right about being careful with the red/green.
Thanks for the feedback guys and I completely agree on this aspect - I must admit that I like the contrast though, although I have dialed it up a bit on the bug guys compared to the rest of the army. He simply has too many big wounds and cuts for it not to be an effect. I can make some brown areas, but to make him gooey I think he is at the right place - With a few adjustments naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Dear lord that's foul!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
That's just gross... But in a good nurgle way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
I think I just threw-up a little. Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
I like it very much indeed, it's a great start
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Personally I think the reds look spot on, it's a great contrast between the mat green olive skin tone and the fresh guts.
Thanks a lot guys - I'm glad you like them! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
I hope you didn't miss out on my suggestion on the Tzeentch bases? @Nordicus
Oh no I didn't, and thanks for the idea man - I have put the base idea in the back of my mind for now, and will take them up when I reach that certain god for models again. I promise it is not forgotten

While I'm still waiting for the correct base size for my Great Unclean One (Seriously, they changed that after I bought the model...) I finished the rest of the challenge. So here is the whole batch:

And here are a few individual shots:

Daemon Princes of Nurgle:

Heralds of Nurgle:

Plaguebearers:

Not bad for 2 weeks work, if I do say so myself.

post #694 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-12-15, 02:49 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

only 2 weeks?? This is madness! Spot on, man!
p.s i hate you

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #695 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-13-15, 06:20 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Wow they look great, Nord!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #696 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-13-15, 08:45 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

That is some seriously impressive work there my friend, 40 plaguebearers, 2 heralds, 2 demon princes and a GUO! Awesome pace, and the quality is top notch too.
I am seriously considering an airbrush based on these results, I can knock out Boyz pretty quick by hand, but this is a whole new level.
post #697 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
only 2 weeks?? This is madness! Spot on, man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Wow they look great, Nord!
Quote:
That is some seriously impressive work there my friend
Thanks all! I'm glad you like them, as I must admit I'm liking the feel in them more and more. I foresee more Nurgle in the near future, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
p.s i hate you
Beer-hug!

Quote:
I am seriously considering an airbrush based on these results, I can knock out Boyz pretty quick by hand, but this is a whole new level.
Understandable, however the airbrushing was only a small part of the models above. The following techniques was used in the creation of the above models:

- Airbrushing
- Oilwashing
- Drybrushing
- Technical paints
- Sponging
- Highlighting

While I agree that some parts are A LOT faster with an airbrush, people have a tendency to believe that the overall work of a model is lessened by it. The way I see it, I use the same amount of time on a model, as I use the saved time on other areas. That being said, the shading and basecoating is infinitely easier!

Now, while I was having a few days off, I decided to finally paint that Aegis Defence Line that I had lying around from just before 7th was launched. It's been staring at me since, so I thought it was time to get it done.

Before I got started, it looked like this:

After I was done (15 minutes ago) it looks like this:

Nothing fancy, but it's good enough for me on the tabletop. The model, for those interested, can be gotten over at Wargamma, where they have Aegis Defence Line for a few other races than the standard and boring Imperial one.

Now to go and break down my kitchen - Yes, a new one is coming so there's a reason for the madness. I'm gonna hit that shit like I had STR D!
post #698 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 03:06 PM
JUGGERNUT

Don't roll any 1's.

"WTF, this sledgehammer just bounced off the drywall!"

post #699 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-18-15, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Kitchen 0 - Nord 1. For now my kitchen looks like this:

Good enough for today - Now it's on to more painting. I just got this model in the door:

That's right: A custom Crimson Slaughter lord on bike, complete with Blade of The Relentless and Butchers Horns. I have been waiting for this model for almost a year, so I cannot wait to get started on him! It's about time I got the possibility to put a guy on a bike and join him with some Spawn to be extra annoying - The codex might be bad, but now it's time to loose with style

I can't decide if I should paint him now or wait until next month - But that's just so far away!

(The model was made by @Blissful Brushes who can be found right here on the forum.)
post #700 of 923 (permalink) Old 10-18-15, 06:07 PM
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Good enough for today - Now it's on to more painting. I just got this model in the door:

That's right: A custom Crimson Slaughter lord on bike, complete with Blade of The Relentless and Butchers Horns. I have been waiting for this model for almost a year, so I cannot wait to get started on him! It's about time I got the possibility to put a guy on a bike and join him with some Spawn to be extra annoying - The codex might be bad, but now it's time to loose with style

I can't decide if I should paint him now or wait until next month - But that's just so far away!

(The model was made by @Blissful Brushes who can be found right here on the forum.)
Yeeeesss I remember this guy, it's been a long time since I've seen the preliminary work on him somewhere or another on the forum (was it in this thread?).

Finally a cool pose with the blade of the relentless. I can only imagine how much carving and fine cuts it took to use the sword in that pose. I know you'll do it justice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode