All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 51 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #501 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 09:41 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Yeah, those cast-on packs are shite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
Yeah, I don't like that pack. CSM packs aren't anything special but, you're right, they are iconic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Use the csm packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzaa View Post
That pack does look like the csm version of a sparkly purse, change it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Yeah, those cast-on packs are shite
Rarely have people been so unanimous in their messages - I think it's pretty clear that I have to change the packs Very well, it shall be so!

I'm nearly done magnetising all the shooty arms, after which I will drill holes in the guns and change the packs. With a bit of luck, I might be able to start the painting this weekend, while I wait for the shoulder pads to arrive for the close combat arms. I had some spare, but not nearly enough for another 40 arms :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
I can just imagine the blood of your enemies taking form and attacking their kin in the name of Khorne!
I know right?! That was the idea as well from my end. I can see the point of them being good centerpoints though and a welcome variation in the army. I will make a test model and see where it goes from there.
post #503 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 12:12 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Interesting. I've been curious how those Puppetswar barbarian armors really looked.

I like the detailing and texture. The backpack seems kinda small, at least compared to 40k. They seem disproportionate though. The chest seems narrow, and the waist to skinny.

They are almost as gnarly as the Evil Craft Chaos Marines.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 06-04-15 at 12:18 AM.

post #504 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Interesting. I've been curious how those Puppetswar barbarian armors really looked.

I like the detailing and texture. The backpack seems kinda small, at least compared to 40k. They seem disproportionate though. The chest seems narrow, and the waist to skinny.

They are almost as gnarly as the Evil Craft Chaos Marines.
Aye I had a look at those Evil Craft Marines, but I thought them a bit too expensive for what I got. I mean 5 guys for 31? Yikes!
Compared to the Barbarian armors, I also find the Evil Craft marines quite static.

I understand your point about the Barbarian armor being skinny though, as I thought the same - But I actually like it. It gives the marines a more... gaunt appearance. As I'm turning the army more and more in the direction of a haunted warband, I think it suits the strain-of-thought well although it does take a bit of getting used to, compared to the normal bulky marines you see.

Last edited by Nordicus; 06-04-15 at 11:32 AM.
post #505 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 07:59 AM

@Nordicus
Man you must just be getting up. I'm just going to sleep. But on several occasions now, I get a notification in the wee hours here, as I'm about to sleep and it's tapatalk telling me Nordicus replied.

I hear ya'. I still like the barbarian armours. For whatever reason the Puppetswar barbarian armours and the Puppetswar bikes remind me of the reavers from Firefly. Which in some ways seems very appropriate because they are probably the closest approximation of Khornate warriors anywhere in pop culture. Despite being wildly insane, bloodthirsty, and aggressive they somehow pilot space ships and fight battles.

I've had similar wonders about Khorne warriors. How the Hell do they manage work and logistics without butchering one another? How would a Khorne army campaign in any real sense without organization? One can't really send shipments of food and ammunition by charging forward and killing something.

The ramshackle barbarian armours suggest a frenzied disorder and disregard, which I think generally works.

"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:

Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #506 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Man you must just be getting up. I'm just going to sleep. But on several occasions now, I get a notification in the wee hours here, as I'm about to sleep and it's tapatalk telling me Nordicus replied.
Hehe I just arrived at work - It was like 09:45 in the morning for me, so I had just gotten my first cup of coffee here at the office. Oh the wonders of working at a IT company.

Quote:
For whatever reason the Puppetswar barbarian armours and the Puppetswar bikes remind me of the reavers from Firefly. Which in some ways seems very appropriate because they are probably the closest approximation of Khornate warriors anywhere in pop culture
Huh - I had never thought of that. Now that you mention it though, it makes perfect sense. I will have to rewatch Firefly again with that state of mind!

Quote:
Despite being wildly insane, bloodthirsty, and aggressive they somehow pilot space ships and fight battles.

I've had similar wonders about Khorne warriors. How the Hell do they manage work and logistics without butchering one another? How would a Khorne army campaign in any real sense without organization? One can't really send shipments of food and ammunition by charging forward and killing something.
Man, I have no clue - In every book I read they do have some sort of coherency though, where it's primarily when they're in combat that they loose all manner of sense and control. A entire warband though? No clue.

At least the Crimson Slaughter get some kind of respite after each victory, where they don't hear the voices in their heads. I'm guessing they are unique in that manner, so they have some kind of running clock going until they have to kill again. In that time, they could most likely get things done properly.

Quote:
The ramshackle barbarian armours suggest a frenzied disorder and disregard, which I think generally works.
Definately - In general I find the Chaos armors from GQ to be a bit too clean and just "Loyalist with skulls" like. I welcome these more ravaged armors, as it gives it more of a "Nightmare come true" kinda vibe - That ancient malevolence you always read about in the books.
post #507 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Oh and a little side-note: Guess what I won.

post #508 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 07:44 PM

Hey man, congrats!

Quote:

post #509 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 08:48 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Congrats dude.
What did you enter?
post #510 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Hey man, congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Congrats dude.
What did you enter?
Thanks both!

I entered the Bloodthirster that is currently in this Mays Painting Deathmatch and up for voting right now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode