All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 40 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 10:27 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Very promising. I suspect I may enjoy the final result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 10:46 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Looking good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I've primed them, airbrushed the reds and have started the most difficult part of any Chaos Marine model: The trims.
Nord, that's basically why I play chaos. Way back I decided to switch to chaos because they looked the coolest and were the most intricate difficult models to paint, and they would stretch my skills the most.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #393 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 03:08 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Looking good man!

Nord, that's basically why I play chaos. Way back I decided to switch to chaos because they looked the coolest and were the most intricate difficult models to paint, and they would stretch my skills the most.
Ah yes, back in the Before Times, when we thought "Chaos looks cool!" and doomed ourselves to painting Heldrake wings...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #394 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Soo time for another update:

I finished the 3 Rhinos yesterday - And I must admit, I really like them. They fit in perfectly with the theme I have going and the amount of detail on them is great but not too much. They ended up something like this:

The gunner, the doors and the top hatch can be taken off, so they can be converted to Predators if I'm going to need it in the future. For now I will just use them as Rhino's though, but it's good to be prepared for army expansions in the future. I hope they live up to your expectations guys. Bump @Subtle Discord .

As for the next project - It's a bit ambitious, as I will be going away from the 1st of April - 13th of April on tour in Russia with my band. So I will only have half the time to complete it for the challenge. I will most likely pull a RL card, but as far as I can understand I already completed this years challenge, so I can relax and focus on getting the bits home and the project underway.

And I'm going to need it, as I will be making 20 standard Chaos Space Marines. But you know me, it's not going to be standard - The goal is to make the following:

- 20 Chaos Space Marine
- They need to have magnetized arms so I can switch weapons on them, as I want them to be able to be Chosen as well.
- I also want them to be a bit more barbaric than the normal version, due to them being Crimson Slaughter. They just don't seem violent enough, the standard troopers, so I had to find something else.

And then I went to Puppetswar.eu and found my solution. Here's what I'm planning:

Heads:
Standard Chaos Space Marine heads.

Shoulders:
Standard Chaos Space Marine shoulders.

Body & Legs:
Barbarian Armor from Puppetswar

Arms:
Armour arms from Puppetwar

Weapons:
Various weapons from Puppetswar (bolters, bolt pistols, close combat weapons and power weapons, and even lightning claws are available.

The reason I wanted to go this route, was the fact that I can magnetise the hands in this case and only switch that, meaning I would need a lot less components if I want them all to be as flexible as I can. The only thing I cannot get are powerfists, where I would need to use the GW ones.

This also means that, when I'm going to make Khorne Berserkers, that I can use the legs from a standard kits, along with the FW World Eater kits to make those. Essentially I would get components for 2 different squads out of a 10 man squad package from GW: Heads and shoulders for standard Marines and legs and arms for Berserkers.

What are your thoughts guys? Is this complete overkill or just awesome?

Last edited by Nordicus; 03-24-15 at 10:27 AM.
post #395 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 10:51 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

The bodies look suitably eeeevil, although I'm - personally - not all that keen on the armoured arms. They look rather plain and smooth....

However, I look forward to seeing what you can do with the parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #396 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 10:52 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

This is something to look forward too.
And your right on both counts, it's a bit overkill and very awesome.
Those Puppetswar pieces look like they'do make great Khorne Berserkers on their own.
post #397 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 10:59 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Complete awesome. I've had it in mind to re-open my chaos army and start to make mine a bit more like reavers from firefly, and this seems like it's going to be a good step back to the primordially terrifying, visceral horror type marines that I'll be looking to do one day.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #398 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

So after doing a bit of research, I found one critical point in the above; The wrists are not made for magnets - Only the shoulders are.

Because of this, I have ordered a set of arms and a set of pistols and bolters. If I can make the wrists magnetized myself, then I can go ahead with the idea. If I can't, then the total amount of money needed for this is way too much as I would need to buy additional arms and shoulder pads for each weapon I want to use.

Fingers crossed!
post #399 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-25-15, 10:22 PM

Howzaa's Flag is: England

If you are after bits the chainswords in the newer raptor set look nastier and have more varied poses to make things look a bit different if it suits your purpose. The rhinos look awesome as always, going to need to get myself an airbrush.

You'll need to shout if you end up doing a gig around London, be good to show up (work permitting)
post #400 of 923 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

So something just occurred to me; I'm leaving for Russia tonight on tour and when I get back I only have 2 weeks for the monthly challenge. That leaves the Chaos Marines project on hold, as there's absolutely no way I can make that in time when I get back.

So, in celebration of the new Khorne dex coming out (and in honor of @venomlust - You crazy Juggernut you), I thought I would try my hand with a conversion. Now, I'm a huge noob when it comes to conversions, so I would start out small; A Juggerlord!

The result is this:

Nothing big, but I did the following:
- Filed down his cape so I could attach a backpack on him.
- Found a bolt-gun arm, cut half of it off and filed the armsocket so it matched.

Nothing big, but I like the overall feel of him. Hey, you gotta start somewhere right? (And yes he's floating a bit as he's attached with funny-dough, so i can remove him safely)

When I get back, I will start painting him.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode