All things Chaos: Nordicus's Chaos project log - Page 19 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 923 (permalink) Old 06-10-14, 05:05 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Keep it coming!

And it's always good to have tutorials on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Right, time for another update!

I've decided to start on the new Chaos Space Marine force that I have been talking about for a while. For those of you who haven't read it, I've basically decided to reboot my Chaos Space Marines in a new theme.

Every old model will be scrubbed clean (maybe I'll keep the Heldrake, not sure) and will be repainted in the new style. It will be a lengthy project, but I've come to a point where I want to have the option to use these models as well. The Black Legion theme is not that fun to paint and I've recently fallen in love with the lore of a specific Legion/Warband that I want to use for the future. I will not reveal the theme until the first bunch are done though, so let the speculations begin ;)

The first models I'm doing are the following:

- Chaos Lord (Kranon the Relentless model)
- 2 x Aspiring Champion
- 6 x Chosen Chaos Space Marines (3 are on their way in the mail, so they are not in the picture)

So from now on this project log will once again focus on 2 armies, instead of one. The army in the Army Showcase will also be disabled for now and will be reactivated once I have the first models painted in the new theme.

Stay tuned for the reveal and the first models soon! (To make sure these are done in a good pace, the above are entered in the monthly challenge - All at once!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140628_202959.jpg (461.5 KB, 15 views)
post #183 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 10:46 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Looking forward to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #184 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 11:43 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I can't even imagine deliberately stripping models I have just painted to start over, you are a braver man than me Nord, good luck to you!
post #185 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 01:52 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking forward to your latest project Nordicus, whatever the new theme is.
post #186 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 01:57 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I can't even imagine deliberately stripping models I have just painted to start over, you are a braver man than me Nord, good luck to you!
Indeed. although sometimes it must be done.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on these guys.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #187 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-01-14, 03:11 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Well, this is madness! And the Fickle Gods love mad endeavours! I'll keep an eye out here for some lovely pics

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #188 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Allrighty, it's time for the big reveal - I've hold it off long enough, and they have just been sealed.

The new theme and signature of my upcoming Chaos Space Marine army is...

Crimson Slaughter

The first and foremost model this begs, is naturally Kranon the Relentless, the lord of the Crimson Slaughter:

I filed down his horns a tad, as I always thought they were a bit too thin and fragile. This way he still has his butchers horns, but in a more... manageable state.

Next up, is a example of the paintjob up close, on my favorite Chosen model:

And here's a Aspiring Champion, just for the sake of it.

You will probably notice that there is even a decal on his shoulder. That's right, I even did decals, which i NEVER do! (Huge shoutout to @bitsandkits for getting me these. You, sir, rock!)

To complete the theme, I also ordered some custom bases that have a haunted theme. Seeing as the Crimson Slaughter have a big theme with spectral assassins and such, I thought they fit the theme quite nicely:

(Yes the bottom right one has a hole in it - I'm pinning certain miniatures as they are only standing on their toe)

My goal with the color theme in general was to achieve a dark and yes bright red, that stood out from Blood Angels and have a more... crimson feel to it. It's a good first try and I like the color balance in them overall, but they took alot of time to make. Hopefully the future marines will be a little faster, but I'm taking my time with these, as I'm enjoying them immensly!

I hope you like them! As I'm turning 30 on Saturday I won't have time to paint for a week or so, so the next squad to be painted will be revealed at a later time.

Feedback is welcome as always!
post #189 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 01:28 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Very, very cool looking. The blue spot colour works really well against the deep red. Where did you pick up the bases?
post #190 of 923 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Very, very cool looking. The blue spot colour works really well against the deep red. Where did you pick up the bases?
Thank you! I was looking for some good contrast color, so it's good to hear that it's working.

The bases are from Wargamma - It's the same place I ordered my custom aegis defence line from actually

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
40k , chaos daemons , chaos space marines , painting , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode