Slaves of the Blood God - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

My brass sheets arrived today, and they look really good.

Here is a rough picture of what my flamers are going to look like. I wanted something more substantial than a mini/hand flamer. This one is from the FW Word Bearers Ashen Circle:

This can also definitely work as a Khornate Burning Brand of Skalathrax.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 02-13-14 at 04:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 07:08 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Yessssss. Those Lord of Skulls Juggerheads are perfect for that sort of thing. Much better than the tank sprue gargoyle heads I used and have seen other people use.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #83 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Yessssss. Those Lord of Skulls Juggerheads are perfect for that sort of thing. Much better than the tank sprue gargoyle heads I used and have seen other people use.
*Hides the gargoyle-headed flamer he made a while ago.*

I'm also wondering if/how the li'l juggerheads would work as helmet/shoulder conversion bits.

post #84 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 06:56 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Ah yes, yours was one of those, wasn't it. I think I've only seen one other besides our two, but forget where.

Think they may be a bit large for helmets and shoulders, but I don't know what you have in mind. Termi shoulders, perhaps? Hmm, perhaps still too large. It would be a great head for a Khorne Daemon Prince with the BBoS, though...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #85 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 08:20 PM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

Beautiful conversions! You have done very well making everything your own. Can't wait to see this army all together and painted.

The juggerheads are too perfect for the flamer.
post #86 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 09:17 PM

DarkDisciple_Nahum's Flag is: USA

Just went through all 9 pages and wow. This all looks amazing! I love Khorne things and love what you've thought up. just spectacular work.

Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the space orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Yeaaaah Ultramarines!
post #87 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Thanks very much, guys. I love to look through other people's project logs and am always stunned by the creativity of others. It inspires me, and sometimes I even rip them off directly .

It's funny sometimes that I'll find logs from years ago where people have already done some of the stuff I thought was unique to my army .

Some of the bits are arriving. The chain cloak got here today.

SUCH A COOL PIECE. I really can't stress this enough. Too bad it was so expensive. There's got to be a way for me to make my own using the jewelry chain I have. The problem is that using superglue to arrange the links leaves behind blobs that fill in the links. I guess I could super carefully pop that out with a needle, or something.

Making my own would be the best option, because if each Skullcrusher had a cloak in the exact same position, it would detract from the cool factor of the piece in the first place. Maybe only the Skull Champ will have it, or I'll give it to the Juggylord or Wolf Lord. It appears that it can fit any power armored model, working in fantasy or 40k just fine.

Last edited by venomlust; 02-13-14 at 11:40 PM.
post #88 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-14-14, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Call me a madman, but I think I'm going to build 7 of the Skullcrushers as a retinue for the Juggylord. 8 is Khorne's stupid number, right?

I have enough Skullcrusher Juggernauts to make 6. Then I have an older metal WFB Lord on Juggernaut that I might be able to convert into a solid 40k version of a Skull Champion. That's 7. Plus the Juggylord makes 8 total Juggernaut Riding badasses.

Then there are the 5 "spawn" Juggernauts from the Bloodcrushers set. I've got a serious blood boner right now.

Bah, it would appear the mini jugger head is a bit too large to work with the flamer, but maybe it will be juuust right. I held the head over the area where it connects to the flamer, and I think it just might work. I took a picture, but it didn't look right. Cutting the base to the left of the head would help a lot, as well as allow me to angle the barrel straight instead of down. If they don't end up working, I think the flamer looks pretty good as-is. Maybe I'd fiddle with it to fit the theme of the mini.

And here are a couple of projects that I likely won't finish for a long time, but I had the camera out:

Plague Marine. Who hasn't tried their hand at sculpting guts and rot?

And here's my WIP Lord of Change. I plan to have the Grimoire of True Names draped around his neck(s) with a chain. There will be much feather-sculpting with green stuff:

Last edited by venomlust; 02-15-14 at 04:32 PM.
post #89 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-16-14, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

The Bloodcrushers and Skullcrushers arrived last night.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan these kits are so fucking cool. I love Juggernauts!

Must...resist....urge....to mess with them! Must....study...biology.....aaarg!

post #90 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-04-14, 12:31 PM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

My two cents: you should totally get MORE juggernauts and use them to make REALLY BITCHIN TANK CONVERSIONS, and also affix some of the juggernaut heads to the fronts of your chaos bikes, if you have any....

Because everything needs more juggernaut heads. Juggernaut heads are cool.

boobs. that is all.

Last edited by Adramalech; 03-04-14 at 12:38 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode