Slaves of the Blood God - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:37 AM
Critique for da CriticGod
 
Kreuger's Avatar
Kreuger's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Posts: 3,351
Reputation: 43
Default

If you ever make it to armies on parade or whatever, that should be your army diorama display board.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Kreuger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 04:09 AM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eä
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Take that screaming peasant from the WHF Giant set...



I think you have enough Juggers to really let yourself run wild. Bone-colored Juggers, Copper Juggers rusting heavily green...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #273 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT
 
venomlust's Avatar
venomlust's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,558
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
If you ever make it to armies on parade or whatever, that should be your army diorama display board.
That sounds really awesome, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Take that screaming peasant from the WHF Giant set...



I think you have enough Juggers to really let yourself run wild. Bone-colored Juggers, Copper Juggers rusting heavily green...
I think in your honor I will actually paint a couple bone colored. I love the running peasant, but I'd prefer a Tau or Eldar .

Here are some updated shots:

I painted over the raised areas with another layer of Balthasar Gold, washed the Boltgun Metal and some of the brass recesses/damage with Nuln Oil, washed the head plate with Agrax Earthshade and then re-painted it with Mephiston Red other than the recesses, and painted a couple layers of Bloodletter Glaze into the runes:









I'm gonna paint some more orange into the runes, clean up the brass surrounding them, paint the eyes, highlight everything, and then I think that should do it!

*edit* Oh yes, the verdigris! That too.


SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
venomlust is offline  
 
post #274 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 08:17 AM
Herald of The Warp
 
Nordicus's Avatar
Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 2,752
Reputation: 143
Default

That looks really good! Great contrast and clear painting - Good job man

I would probably give it a drybrush of Runelord Brass to give that metal a extra pop, but it's purely a subjective matter. The metals are quite good on the current model.

I'm always a bit 50/50 in terms of verdigris. I've always seen it as a good supplement to aged tanks and Nurgle units - Not Khorne units. A Juggernaut is freshly forged in the Warp, emerging to do battle and then going back into the warp. A what time would it have time to actually develop verdigris? It seems.. like a unnecessary step unless your going for a weathered version of the model.
Nordicus is offline  
post #275 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT
 
venomlust's Avatar
venomlust's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,558
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
That looks really good! Great contrast and clear painting - Good job man

I would probably give it a drybrush of Runelord Brass to give that metal a extra pop, but it's purely a subjective matter. The metals are quite good on the current model.

I'm always a bit 50/50 in terms of verdigris. I've always seen it as a good supplement to aged tanks and Nurgle units - Not Khorne units. A Juggernaut is freshly forged in the Warp, emerging to do battle and then going back into the warp. A what time would it have time to actually develop verdigris? It seems.. like a unnecessary step unless your going for a weathered version of the model.
Thanks dude! And you make a good point about the verdigris. I dunno about the logistics of oxidation taking place, I just like the contrasting bit of color .


SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
venomlust is offline  
post #276 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:21 PM
Critique for da CriticGod
 
Kreuger's Avatar
Kreuger's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Posts: 3,351
Reputation: 43
Default

I certainly see the fluff logic. When I suggested it, it was entirely about the contrast.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Kreuger is offline  
post #277 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT
 
venomlust's Avatar
venomlust's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,558
Reputation: 32
Default

If you guys have any suggestions for naming the "breeds" of juggernaut, I'd love to hear some. @Mossy Toes maybe you'd like to name the bone colored breed?


SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
venomlust is offline  
post #278 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:24 PM
Herald of The Warp
 
Nordicus's Avatar
Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 2,752
Reputation: 143
Default

Well a few could be:

- Brasshorn Juggernaut
- Spinecrushers
- Forgemaster Warbull
- Khornate Brass-steed

I never was good at naming stuff, but if I get any more ideas I will be sure to write them down
Nordicus is offline  
post #279 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:46 PM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eä
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I think in your honor I will actually paint a couple bone colored. I love the running peasant, but I'd prefer a Tau or Eldar .
Aww, shucks. Erm, Marrowgorgers?

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #280 of 384 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT
 
venomlust's Avatar
venomlust's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,558
Reputation: 32
Default

Sweet.


SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
venomlust is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome