Slaves of the Blood God - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-13-14, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

A little more work on the Wolf Guard champ.

I think I like the skull beneath the forward facing head of the hammer. Guitar string just wasn't working out at all, so I figured it would be best without it. I plan to paint the eye sockets of the skull as if they're glowing.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 11:22 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Maybe, just a thought, and I don't mean to take anything away from this wolf guard champ, but maybe replace the thunder hammer wolf heads with actual skulls, and paint them brass. Seems more sinister and Khorney. If not, he still looks bad arse!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #113 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

That is a cool idea, but I don't think I have any skulls that will work.

I'll have to save it for a future conversion, though!

post #114 of 384 (permalink) Old 10-12-14, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Well, no picture update, unfortunately. Just a reminder to myself that I want to build a squad of 40k skullcrushers and proxy them as bikers. I don't know why the hell I didn't think of that before! Sure they'll have a larger model profile, but it's exactly what I want!

post #115 of 384 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 03:31 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Well, no picture update, unfortunately. Just a reminder to myself that I want to build a squad of 40k skullcrushers and proxy them as bikers. I don't know why the hell I didn't think of that before! Sure they'll have a larger model profile, but it's exactly what I want!
Hmm. Hard to point out a Juggerlord and explain why he has an extra wound and attack but can't go flat out, but those are incredibly minor complaints, all told. By and large I'm all for it, though I personally went Cold Ones for my Juggerlord's retinue.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #116 of 384 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Well I have the Juggernauts-as-Spawn, now I need Juggernauts with riders as bikers!

post #117 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I've sorta been working on things a little bit here and there, but my collection is so large and ability to focus so horrible that projects have been proceeding at a snail's pace.

I decided to break apart all my CSM and repose them, in preparation for being painted. After finding this old thread on how to convert aiming space marines that's what I'm gonna do for most of them that are armed with bolters.

I've also purchased three things recently, because I needed even MORE projects :

For my Havoc squads. I already have an Autocannon squad. I needed a Missile Launcher and Lascannon squad, obviously! With these bits I will have 4 Lascannons (3 Iron Warriors + 1 havoc) and 5 Missile Launchers (3 demon-mouthed and 2 "regular"). I think I'll scrounge some kneeling-pose SM Devastator legs to vary them up a bit.

ANOTHER unit of Skullcrushers, because I got it for an irresistable price on eBay. I AM FUCKING HOPELESS. That makes 9 Skullcrushers total, along with 6 Bloodcrusher riderless juggies as Spawn.

And, last but not least, I bought the Carnosaur (just the body/saddle) to create a counts-as Zarakynel which will be a Lord of Khorne atop a Carnosaur-demon-thing. I am so fucking stoked, but this is a project for waaay down the pipeline when my converting/painting skills have leveled up to pimp status.

I've also been fiddling around with some green stuff additions to my Obliterators to make them more "of Nurgle," I'll try to get some pics of those up. Nothing special, but I think they look better than stock.

Hopefully going to make this an active thread again. I need to stop being such a pussy and just get it DONE.

post #118 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 06:31 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's the spirit, get it DONE!
post #119 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Guess who got EVEN MORE Juggernauts...

When I actually finish building them, I will have 10 Juggernauts who count as Spawn with the Mark of Khorne.

I'll have 9 Skullcrushers to use as bikers or my homebrew unit.

AND I ordered 30 barghest fiends from puppetswar to use as Flesh Hounds, on top of my 5 shitty old school flesh hounds and 5 Fenrisian Wolves I'll paint up to count as 5 more.

Everything else is on the back burner, Khorne Daemonkin are my number one priority.

I ACTUALLY BOUGHT BRUSHES. Very excited to get started.

post #120 of 384 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 10:15 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Oh dear, more? Who am I to disagree?

I can't help but think the Blood Throne left over from assembling a Skull Cannon would replace that lizardman throne just about perfectly, on that Carnosaur.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode