Slaves of the Blood God - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 384 (permalink) Old 04-11-14, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Oh, there will be Juggernaut heads aplenty, don't you worry!

My Skullcrusher project is currently on hold, along with just about every other project I have in my hoard of plastic crack. I've cleaned up a lot of the pieces, but haven't assembled everything yet. Still missing some pieces to complete the project, as well.

I'm going to modify the Skullcrushers even further, adding an additional set of magnetized arms, for a total of 3 pairs of arms so far: One chainaxe/holding reins, one chainaxe/flamer, and one power fist/lightning claw. I wrote a list with 6 Juggerlords, so I'll also be using these Skullcrushers for that purpose. I can't WAIT to run that list.

Anyway, I've finally assembled one of my two recently-released Helbrutes. It wasn't terribly difficult to magnetize him, either. Using 6 x 1.5 mm magnets, I can swap his armanent between close combat and long range. The situation with pipes isn't perfect, but as you'll see from different views of the mini, I just glued one end of the piping to the weapon and left the other loose. Isn't perfect, but looks good enough to me:

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 384 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

So, with the new edition coming up and all the revelations about Daemon badassery via Daemonology, I decided to put my AM plans on hold. Maybe I'll sell my Valykries and codex, or probably just end up holding onto them because that's the kind of guy I am.

Anyway, I added the following three friends to the menagerie today:

1.) Daemon Prince 1: To be converted into a Lord of Change. See earlier in the thread where I have the 2-headed falcon thing. I'll use those parts. Anyway, here he is before being stripped:

2.) Daemon Prince 2: I might strip/repaint this guy, or I might just touch him up (when I learn how to paint...). I'll probably end up stripping him. Heh. Heh. Heh.

3.) Ultraforge Miniatures GUO! Due to an amusing typo I produced a while ago, I've decided to nickname him "Fatweaver."

post #93 of 384 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Damn, has it really been 3 months already?

Have been extremely busy, but I'm starting to make time for hobby stuff once again.

My girlfriend (now fiancee, actually) and I moved into a place together, and we got a table specifically for my hobby/artwork.

Here's a picture of the already cluttered workspace:

I've restarted my Skullcrusher project, which is really going to turn into the "multiple Juggerlord" project. There will be lots of magnetized arms for varying weaponry and poses. So far, I've just assembled the juggernauts:

Nothing major, just my Berzerker Aspiring Champion:

Here I'm attempting to convert the Aspiring Champion model into a Sorcerer:

I wanted him to have one open hand that will be coursing with energy, and the lightning claw/staff bits seem to work best. I'm also considering a sword in his left hand, but none of the swords I have are as impressive as the staff. There is also a book, but using the lightning claw arm there's no way to have the book held at a visually pleasing angle. Such details are the nonsense I fuss over...

Here are a couple other angles:

And finally, the 2nd limited edition SM Captain model. I'm magnetizing the hell out of him, giving lots of options. Haven't done too much, but here are a couple of shots:

As time goes on (years, I imagine) I'll have my damn army finished and painted. I've messed around a bit with my airbrush; a few minis got primed, many had grit/dirt/rocks glued to their bases. I'm excited, but it's very slow going.

post #94 of 384 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 10:01 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Looks like someones been busy! Good to see someone else butchering limited ed. space marine captains! Glad it wasn't just me...

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #95 of 384 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

They just aren't very cool, on their own.

post #96 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-09-14, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

So, I sort of got bored with the loyalist captain, and shelved the project for the moment. Worked a little on the Sorc, but he too has been shelved in favor of these guys:

Khornate Wolf Lord (HERESY!):

I am somewhat pleased with this mini so far. He has to be both wolfy and Khornate while being suitably intimidating. He's a Wolf Lord leading an army of Space Wolf traitors who would fall on a weak leader and tear him apart in a heartbeat. This guy keeps a rein on all the puppies.

He's meant to have the Black Death, Helm of Durfast, Armor of Russ, and Wulfenstone represented on the mini in Khornate/chaotic imagery instead of a pure loyalist wolf.

The new Wolf Lord model has some sweet parts, and you can see some here: the backpack, arm, axe, shoulder pad, and rear half of his chest/cape. The chest piece is from WFB Skullcrushers of Khorne. It's decent.

I used Harald Deathwolf's mount, but the model just isn't that cool in my opinion. Ugly face, unimpressive hair, crude looking axe... not good enough for me.

The angle of the head isn't set. I haven't decided which way his head should be facing. His other arm will be clinging to the fur of the wolf, with a Storm Shield strapped to it. I think this will explain the currently somewhat-awkward-looking pose he's in. The torso/leg junction looks a bit awkward, but I think it will be acceptable once the mini is completed and there are knives or other objects to distract from and cover up those funky looking areas.

Khornate Thunderwolf Champ (HERESY!):

With this guy, I really wanted to give him a special weapon, as he's the unit leader. This is a traitor Space Wolf (HERESY!) who has slain many mighty foes in the name of the Blood God. Clearly aged, as well. This speaks to his prowess in battle. At some point, he was rewarded with this crazy hammer. Whether before or after his turn from the Emperor is unclear, as Khorne's symbol may have been added during or after the weapon was forged.

My challenge is really how to add the Storm Shield to the model. It doesn't really appear to work if strapped to either arm while he's holding that hammer with two hands. I may have it slung over his backpack, and if that's too bulky/clumsy looking, perhaps off the side of his saddle or along the wolf's upper thigh.

Detail of the hammmer. I'm hoping to use guitar string to add a power supply to the right head and bring visual balance to the weapon:

*you may notice some of the resin is a strange color. Let's just say sometimes there's a cost to getting a better deal on eBay, and leave it at that.

post #97 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-10-14, 01:22 AM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

*BLAM!* Heresy!

Besides the obvious heretical implications, this is a pretty sweet model.

Can't wait to see how it get's painted to show if Wolf Origins and it's Khorne corruption.

post #98 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-10-14, 04:28 AM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

How do you find working with etched brass? I have no experience and I was wondering if it's PITA?
post #99 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-10-14, 08:45 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
My challenge is really how to add the Storm Shield to the model. It doesn't really appear to work if strapped to either arm while he's holding that hammer with two hands. I may have it slung over his backpack, and if that's too bulky/clumsy looking, perhaps off the side of his saddle or along the wolf's upper thigh.
Slung from the saddle would look pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #100 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-10-14, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
*BLAM!* Heresy!

Besides the obvious heretical implications, this is a pretty sweet model.

Can't wait to see how it get's painted to show if Wolf Origins and it's Khorne corruption.
Thanks! Still deciding on the color scheme. Black, grey, red, maybe some brass in the mix? Maybe red/black the way you see loyalists painted in yellow/black patterns for Wolf Guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snokvor View Post
How do you find working with etched brass? I have no experience and I was wondering if it's PITA?
Eh, if you have a good blade or tool to cut the brass out of the sprue it's just fine. If you don't cut the tiniest of pieces perfectly, you end up with a little flash that must be cut or filed off. This was my first time working with the brass, so I wasn't very good at it. Bending it to conform to a surface isn't all that easy. I also filed the edges so they were less of a flat thing glued onto power armor.

In short, not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Slung from the saddle would look pretty cool
Cool, thanks. I think it's also the most realistic in terms of having the shield at the ready in case he needs to fend off a lascannon beam or something. His superhuman reflexes allow him to do such things.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode