Black Lions - Entarion's DIY Space Marine chapter - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-03-13, 05:56 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entarion View Post
So I got response from guys on our local forum and they think letters look funny to the rest of the model. So I need to change this somehow. Any ideas ??
If you have a local general hobby store in your area (like Hobby Lobby for example) or a scrapbooking hobby store you should be able to find small letters used for stamping, embossing, or press printing. You can then lay down a layer of GS and press your words into it.

Something like this should work...although you will have to find small letters (not sure on the size of the letters in that link).

*Edit* - another option could be to search old thrift or second hand stores for an actual ribbon print typewriter. The stamps from one should be about the right size.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-04-13, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Default Back in time - Part 1. Rhino

Hey. I am going to take you back in time today. Take it as an extra bonus about things before Black Lions. Yes, there was someone before. It was another chapter. Same colours, same fluff but their name was Death Angels with winged skull symbol. It was few months before I finally decided course of my chapter.

One of the models I am working on right now, along the dread, is Rhino. So, how did it look before.

I must be handicapped cause I have to convert everything. I just can't simply glue model and paint it. I have cut everything before. Look at the poor Rhino below. I didn't like that both hatches are next to each other. So I played with it a bit.

And now my own creation. Extra armour by using sprues! So simple but so awesome. I love it even after years.

And here it is painted. By hand! No black primer used. (Check Razor Blade made out of sprues!) But as I said I am re-making it by adding lion stuff and some other bits -> make it more awesome.

Thank you for reading. If you like it I have more "back in time" stories like that. So maybe in near future again.

Last edited by Entarion; 09-04-13 at 08:09 PM.
post #23 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-04-13, 11:01 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

For the dread letters I would use simple free hand or have you checked out using from brass etched letters from somewhere?

With your GS are you just rolling it out and letting it dry before cutting it to require width? It looks really good!

post #24 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Yes, Jac. From time to time I take GS and roll it out. It then serves as plastic card, but it is much more softer and more flexible. It is good for greave plates or any other extra armor.
But lion head for banner was done differently. I needed it as thin as possible, so flag is not thick. I cut head, eyes, nose, everything from paper and then used Instant mold. Paper is thin but it still left some texture in mold. Then I used GS and cut it out. Pretty simple.
post #25 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 06:21 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Ha that's a really clever way of doing it! +rep.

What do you rollout the GS onto, just some plastic or tin? How do you stop it from sticking?
post #26 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I roll it out on my working plastic plate. And actually I don't prevent it from sticking to it. I take advantage of it! When it sticks to surface I roll it out with fingers wider and wider. Then I push some plastic card on top to make surface smoother. When it dries I simply take knife and remove it. It is usually 0,5-1mm thick

post #27 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Default Rhino - Conversion done

My today's work was Rhino from previous post. Major change is HB turret (should serve as extra SB for rhino). I wanted to do scratch build but it didn't go well.

Another change, apart from extra bits, are lights. I noticed it on new SM vehicles and it looks awesome. Thanks GW.

Lion symbol specially designed for vehicles

Reinforced turret. I saw it on the net and borrowed idea Anyway I am going to do some nice freehand on it.

post #28 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 10:15 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Fucking awesome all around, great g.s work, you're on my envy list, +rep of course, have you got the astral claws terminator shoulder pads, the lion head pad is great, I bought two sets just to get those heads

post #29 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-06-13, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Fucking awesome all around, great g.s work, you're on my envy list, +rep of course, have you got the astral claws terminator shoulder pads, the lion head pad is great, I bought two sets just to get those heads
Thanks. I appreciate your support. And yes I know about that AC lion pad and certainly gonna buy it at some point. But Scibor is one with lion pads to look for. He has widest range of lion themed pads and miniatures. I use them a lot on Termies and Vets.

Last edited by Entarion; 09-06-13 at 06:46 AM.
post #30 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-08-13, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Default Venerable brother Númestar

Hi guys. As promised here is my Venerable Dreadnought Númestar. Enjoy

"Númestar is great hero of Black Lions chapter. Recruited from Eryndor's knight caste and born as noble. He was promoted to Captain of 3rd Company when previous Captain was slain in Night Lords ambush. Lately he was heavily wounded during Malathan Crusade on Antares II when fighting chaos warbands. Hopefully, his body was recovered and put to honourable machine. He now serves as 3rd Company Dreadnought"

I was thinking what to use for banner top and as I plan to do at least 2 more dreads (chaplain, librarian) I decided each will have his own rank symbol. Librarian-book, chaplain-skull and finally captain-iron halo
Anyway this is my last post as I am going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow. But when I come back (20.9) my new SM models will be waiting for me so I get to work immediately. Cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode