Black Lions - Entarion's DIY Space Marine chapter - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-10-17, 08:40 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

The shoulder pads are looking good! The checkers in particular came out really well!
SwedeMarine likes this.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-14-17, 06:27 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
The shoulder pads are looking good! The checkers in particular came out really well!
Gotta agree with SoH here. They do look fantastic and I'm especially digging the bases. I need to try and do something similar for my assault marines (assuming I ever get around to painting them of course)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #93 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-16-17, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Default Assault squad Namar

Thank you guys I appreciate the support!

Finishing the miniatures brings me tremendous joy and it's always a reason to celebrate. I have already completed 8 minis this year which means very very productive year for me. And I intend to keep going for a while.

"Know our fury! For we bring swift retribution to enemies of Mankind!" - Sergeant Namar of 6th Fury Company.

It was hard work to finish this squad but it was worthy. Please, enjoy

Sergeant Namar

Last bits changes (claw, plasma, cloak, jump pack icon) made him even greater miniature and he turned out well.
I am always learning throughout the painting process and colour combination for my veterans is very important. As you can see here green and gold is mark of veterancy but they also have to have main chapter colours (black, white, yellow) to fit in.
I tried yellow power effect on lighting claw and I am happy how it turned out. It looks even better on regular lighting claws and I intend to use it on swords as well.
Remember, yellow marks usually the weapons and lethal menacing parts.

Few extra shots

Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.

post #94 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-16-17, 10:27 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Fantastic work. Very distinctive squad. The yellow makes a great contrast against the black. I'd rep you again if I could.
post #95 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-01-17, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Hola! Been back from my holidays in Spain for a few days and here's the first update. I had visions from Omnissiah and so I set for my workshop and came up with final concept for my Rhino.

I painted it years ago before Black Lions existed so it has marks from previous paint (done by brush) and lots of battle damage, scratches, glues stains and such. I should probably toss it away and get a new one but I have already put a lot of work into it so I decided to keep it.

Major change from previous versions is the turret-like piece which is from chaos defiler kit and dozer blade is magnetized. It is still missing a lot of pieces which will cover the most damaged parts.

I would like to also share my next (this was my 2nd) experience with GW store. I visited one in Badalona and I was looking forward to have nice chat with fellow hobbyist (like in Helsinki). But I was disappointed this time. Shop assistant wasn't very talkative. When I asked on some colours and if he can show me tone differences or show me usage on terrain in the store he was only making excuses that he is usually in different store so he doesn't know and such. He didn't even ask me what army I collect and such.
So I was out like in ten minutes and pretty disappointed.

I had to buy at least one model to have some memory and I got SM Commander which I don't even need. So it just underlines my bad experience this time. Hopefully next time I will visit better store.

But there was some comics shop in the same street with miniatures as well and shop assistant seemed like a cool guy. He was playing game similar to Blood Bowl (i forgot the name but it had very nice miniatures!). They even had a scratchbuild field.

Anyway, there was one display shelf where he had cool miniatures from many ranges but there was one very cool conversion I want to share with you

And last thing. I couldn't resist to buy this pricey codex but it is really beautiful.

Old Man78 likes this.

Last edited by Entarion; 09-01-17 at 06:35 PM.
post #96 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-09-17, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Hey there! I finished Rhino today. I am glad I was able to recover it to some extent.

I spent few hours with edge highlighting, weathering and painting all those scratches. Maybe weathering is too much but black is too flat colour and I needed to hide previous paintjob.

There are markings of 3rd company and squad using it. Shield bears personal heraldry and colours of sergeant.

I choose to paint only right hand of techmarine to give significance to chapter colours rather than to Mars and I think it works great. He also bears colours of 3rd company.

I am using Dawnstone for highlighting my black but I was wondering if there is better colour as I dont feel Dawnstone is the right tone. I know that GW usually uses "bluish" Fenrisan Grey (or so) but thats not right tone either.

Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.
post #97 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-09-17, 07:45 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Great stuff, really inspiring. I really like the defiler piece added to the rhino

post #98 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-09-17, 08:35 PM

Noble Korhedron's Flag is: Ireland

@Entarion: Who made those 'Black Lion' chapter icon doors, and other icon-bearing items?

Regards,

NK.
post #99 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-10-17, 01:21 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Loving the rhino.

Try dark reaper or eshin grey instead of dawnstone for your highlights. I used them on my DW, and it gives a much more subtle highlight.
post #100 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-12-17, 11:49 AM

Eshin grey is my go to (or the army painter version at least) for black highlights.

All the painting work looks awesome, but DEM BASES!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode