Comm-Link ∙ Active
Data-Link ∙ Active
Data File Lo.4313-7 ∙ Displaying…
So, life, the universe, and everything keep pulling me in several directions the last while and that’s got my brain just a bit preoccupied. I want to sit down and write more, but wording is harder than usual right now. While I have
been distracted and somewhat sporadic with updates I’m striving to not
be idle in the studio or the hobby bench so I figured a nice dump of large images with minimal text was the order of the day.
∙ With decals finally ready to go I can get down to actually properly finishing some models, like the Kastelan ‘Bots and Datasmith.
I still think the contrast of white decals would have been interesting but I’m completely happy with the black and ultimately I think it’s a better match to the blue-and-black scheme. Maybe I’ll get some white ones done in the future and use them to make alternate units using them or something.
∙ To say I’m pleased with how the ammo hoppers and feeds turned out would be an understatement. They take some tweaking to get right…
… but the result is totally worth the effort; now that’s
a Kastelan that looks like it could spray out some phosphor rounds. You’re usually staring at the backs of your models when they’re on the table so they may as well look good from behind.
∙ Is the Dragoon just a really large model or do I need to consider a larger photography backdrop? I think it’s both, yeah?
Being all legs and Tazer Lances the Dragoons are quite challenging to completely frame in the shot as a complete unit without cropping anything. Since the projects are going to get much larger over time *glances at the Knight and Kytan sitting off in the corner* I guess it’s time to consider a larger backdrop solution.
∙ I also overlooked priming the backpacks for the Skitarii riders, so they’re not quite finished yet… but so close!
I’ll get around to the backpacks the next time I prime some other stuff, so these will catch up soon enough.
Speaking of things that will need to be primed in the near future…
∙ Patiently waiting their turn for several years it’s so nice to finally get a unit of Onagers on the workbench.
The extra time was worth the wait.
∙ Yeah, that’s it, make a build for a model that’s already chocked full of all sorts of bits and gubbins, even more involved. Good call.
Well, it’s not like I can stop now
, can I?
*Ponders a moment to consider the chorus of whispers endlessly taunting me with ideas and inspiration*
Yeah… that’s not going to happen.
∙ All dressed up and waiting on the final bits and pieces… so many, hoses, cables, ladders, rails, and antenna… seriously.
I’m learning to love to hate to love the Mechanicus line. So many little bits to add to the models that make them look excellent… and make them more complex to paint… and did I mention it’s only a matter of when, not if, you’ll snap an antenna off? Wonderful, delicate, detailed, frustrating, unique, and tedious all in one. Perfect for my mildly masochistic tendencies really, I suppose.
∙ And of course, I had to add one last bit to the mix. You’ve come this far, so know you saw it coming.
I was going to convert the Heavy Stubber included in the kit but I figured it would just be more straightforward to simply 3D model the entire bit in one go. Nothing too complex so it wasn’t hard to whip up. Still waiting on the first prints of this bit even as I write this.
Ok, so you can expect to see much more blue over the coming weeks as I apply many
decals to many
models and get them properly finished and table ready. I’m already eager to get on to some bigger projects but the foundation and first floor is almost
done and I can’t get distracted quite yet.
Omnissiah guide my hands of inferior flesh so that I might make your divine inspirations real.