Legion Rising - Projects from The Dark Works - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 302 (permalink) Old 12-08-18, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Subtle Discord's Flag is: Canada

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 302 (permalink) Old 01-15-19, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Authentication Protocols ∙ Accepted +++ Data Downlink ∙ OngoingÖ +++ Operational Status Update ∙ StandbyÖ +++

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

post #273 of 302 (permalink) Old 01-17-19, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

An update from the studio should follow shortly, but right now itís mostly about casting up whatís ready to get things stocked up so I can concentrate on the next round. Iíll show some more of the new kits and how theyíre turning out and hopefully by then Iíll have a new 3D model or two to go along with the update.

For now, several months of no painting finally made me snap over the holidays as CA 2018 finally pushed me over the edge. I didnít even pick it up but my digital codex got updated with the new points and I had already planned on changing my current list from 1,850 to 2,000 so the more points the better! Since Iíve Iíve been collecting AdMech for several years building up to this project Iíve got some more units waiting in the wings and now a few of them can get pushed on to the main stage. Always a glutton for punishment, Iíve added another 20 bodies to the list with another unit of Vanguard with three Plasma Calivers and a unit of Infiltrators with Taser Goads and Flechette Blasters; Iíve got an ideaÖ let's paint a Dominus, an Enginseer, the Vanguard, the Infiltrators, and a unit of Dragoons all at the same time! What a great idea! *Subtleís nose begins to bleed profusely*

Hey look! Itís a Dominus (and his subsequent parts)Ö on a stick. I wonder what flavour he is? Silly question, naturally heís [/i]Dominus[/i] flavor.

ErrrÖ so yeah, Iíve got the preliminary colours and cleanup done and Iím just getting started on working up the highlights. Since theyíre singular models I decided to focus on the Dominus and Enginseer first but I havenít gotten as far with Mr. tall, dark, and hunched bio-mechanical monstrosity here. Eager to see a proper HQ finished to put out at the front of the current army progress, I canít wait to get back to work on him this weekend.

If Iím going to add 20 more bodies to the list Iím committed to getting them up to speed quickly so I can get my attention back to the big stompy stuff.

Mostly blocked in and cleaned up both of these squads are going to be getting their wash treatment very soon. Beyond the fact that theyíre actually assembled and to this point this quickly (which for me is actually saying something) thereís not much to see here yet. Expect to see these squads get finished up before I move back to the bigger models. *Eyes the Onagers* SoonÖ

One of my favourite models in GWís entire line, the act of building and painting a Dragoon/Ironstrider really does try to make you hate it.

If you thought it was fiddly to build, just wait, itís just as fiddly to paint! And despite it all, I want to build likeÖ nine more! Such an awesome model. Still far from finished, theyíve at least got a good start, and itís only three of them, how hard can it be, really? *Eye twitch*

Hereís a close-up shot of some of the custom 3D printed components that I did for these Dragoons, for anyone who might be interested.

One layer of primer and one layer of Vallejo Magic Blue is all thatís on the parts in the above image. The large flat areas were sanded with a 600 grit soft sanding stick but none of the trim or lettering was sanded because it was just too hard to even try. Since theyíre only 20 microns thick/tall any layering or stepping from the printing process that might be noticeable before paint all but vanish once itís on. Simply marvellous. Solus, if you werenít an electrified appliance filled with toxic chemicals I think Iíd kiss you; but since that is the caseÖ fist bump? *Nods* Fist bump.

To close some image of the over-the-top Enginseer whoís just about done his preliminary paint job. MmmmÖ lovingÖ theÖ blue.

I still need to do a few more highlights here-and-there and a bit of cleanup in a few spots but for the most part, this little kit-bash can be called done for now. As with the rest at this point, there is still decals and weathering in the future but I want to do those as a cohesive process on most of the starting army at once. He was intended to be used for another purpose, and then 8th happened, so heís a bit over equipped now that heís back to being a lowly Enginseer again. Heís a 30 point pushover, but heís a badass looking 30 point pushover.

Ok, as always, thanks for looking, reading, and liking. Input, feedback, inquiries, and general hobby related ramblings are always welcome. Any overlooked comments warranting a reply will get one with my next update.

post #274 of 302 (permalink) Old 01-23-19, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Project ∙ Kastelan 2.0 +++ Preliminary STC Alterations ∙ Complete +++ Data Downlink ∙ OngoingÖ +++ Status Update ∙ StandbyÖ +++

post #275 of 302 (permalink) Old 01-24-19, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Along with painting and casting over the last few weeks, here's an update from other corners in The Dark.

In the spirit of the MK.IIB sponsons for the Land Raider I wanted to make armoured sponsons for the Predator as well.

I ran into a snag with the Predator armour plates once I got a new Predator kit in the studio, so that had me looking at the designs I was working on againÖ and then I got distracted by this ideaÖ and just couldnít stop once I got started. It pulled me away from the problems I was actually looking to fix, but this is the result so itís not really a bad thing.

Always one who likes things to be functional if possible, so they do rotate 180 degrees.

I tried to do my take on a Las Cannon and Heavy Bolter that takes the elements that they have and tried to alter them to make them familiar but unique; I like to think I pulled it off. Naturally, theyíll be modular so the weapon systems can be swapped and that also opens the door to more exotic weapons systems in the future. Expect to see these pop up as a prototype at some point in the future.

This first iteration works to improve the Kastelan model (if I do say so myself) but itís just not seamless enough.

Itís the right idea, but they just feel tacked on, because they are. So, while I wanted to keep these conversion bits simple I just accepted that it needed to be more elaborate than this.

The ammo drums (Boxes? Crates? Hoppers?) turned out nicely, but the ammo feeds met with some difficulties.

I modelled the ammo drums to emulate the shoulder/back mounted Phosphor Blaster. Their fit and scale seem perfect first try, so thatís one small step in the right direction.

The ammo feeds on the other handÖ turned out to not be as flexible as I was hoping. Theyíre a bit thicker than the material I used to test how well the 3D prints can bend when heated, and I managed to make them far too long, so they broke as I tried to get the extreme bends. I almost pulled it off but even when heated very warm, hot even, it was almost there and thenÖ *Snap!* Iíve since shortened them for the next try and the whole ordeal had me looking at the design completely differently.

The lower arms of the model attached in such a straightforward way itíll but begging to have a complete component created.

Especially now that Iím much more confident in the abilities of Servitor Solus Iím not going to be intimidated by any kinds of curved surfaces.

So I modelled the Ďnubí of the Kastelan arm as accurately as I could and then I created a collar around it; now I can make adjustments to that little collar thatís embedded at the start of the process if I want to tweak the fit at all. Iím getting quite good at achieving solid accurate fits but I always want to leave room for adjustments.

Then I wrap the overall shape of the object I want to create around that collar before I get to cutting out the form and creating the details with many cuts, extrusions, offsets, revolves, and mirrors. In this case, after many hours of all that you get the Rotary Heavy Phosphor BlasterÖ

I know that Iím a little bias, but that looks pretty darn seamless to me. Yep, thatís a Blaster that can do Protector Protocols.

I wanted to embed the barrels more into the arm but I didnít want to take away from the look that theyíre supposed to be air cooled and they were just too large to fit neatly. So as a compromise I shortened the length of the upper part of the arm and added the armour plate to offer some protection for the weapons (and something that could be used the swat and bash in a pinch) while still leaving them exposed for looks and quasi-functionality.

I even think I managed to split it up in such a way that it should be easy enough to cast. At least there are several spots on surfaces that are hidden when it assembles that are good candidates for the main pouring gate and vents. The Kastelan bots and Onager walkers are the last units Iím working on in my current list so you can expect to see these given physical form in the very near future *Crosses fingers for the fit* and I think you can guess what you can expect to see not too much longer after that. The changes Iíll be doing for the Onager wonít be too elaborate but theyíll still be lots of fun to make and should really tie them in with the Dragoons Iím working on.

I really planned to paint last weekend but then I fell down the rabbit hole with this project and came out the other side with this!

Punchy, snippy, and choppy, all in one! While this is a small version for the Kastelan bots I fully intend to do larger version suited to other appropriate chassis. This interlocking counter-spinning blades with a scissor action has been an idea bubbling in the back of my brain for quite some time. I thought it would find its way into reality on a Knight (Yes, that will happen, I promise) first but after how well the tiny little buzz blades turned out for the Dragoons I figured the idea could scale down easily enough.

Wait, did he say scissor action? YES! Now open up and say ĒAAAWWWWW MY GAD IíM GETTING CHCHCHOPPED IN HALF!!! BLARAARRRGGH!Ē *Gurgle sputter squirt squirt squirt*

Iím quite pleased with myself and how all this comes together. Again, I think the components have goods spots to attach casting vents and itís all articulated so the builder has complete control over the pose of the weapon. Oh, and it looks frightening and utterly menacing; I can easily picture at least 5-or-6 ways, singularly and in tandem, that these could be used to brutal effect quite suitable to a 40k battlefield.

I donít even have any Fist Kastelan bots in my list but these turned out so well they might just force me to get a few boxes just so I can build some. To say Iím eager to see these new bits go from digital to physical would be an understatement but Iím going to hold off until Iím using Solus for more studio prints. These are still a personal project that will come together as a line of kits Iím going to add to the shop in the future once all of the kinks are worked out and the selection is large enough. Once Iíve got a few more Mechanicus components complete I should also have more of the current backlog behind me, but time will tell how itíll all pan out.

As always, thanks for reading and following along. Comments, questions, considerations, and general hobby musings are always welcome. Now go build and/or paint something.
Old Man78 likes this.

post #276 of 302 (permalink) Old 02-19-19, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Damn the weakness of this vessel of organic flesh! Again, I find myself sympathizing with Mechanicus logic and the idea of replacing and/or enhancing the fragile bodily tissues that we are confined to. A moderate injury has tossed a crimp in my studio work the last few weeks and wouldnít it be wonderful if I could just remove and replace the Ďdefectiveí hand with something useful?

At the end of last year my household took in a new cat and heís easily the largest feline weíve ever owned. Oakley has had a bit of rough life so when he arrived he was rather aggressive but itís nothing we havenít dealt with over the years. A combination of firm-but-fair boundaries (using isolation as a primary punishment when required) and lots of unconditional affection will transform most aggressive animals into well-adjusted pets. However, itís a process that takes time and itís not perfect.

Long story short, after being with us for a few months and making great progress Oakley had a bit of a relapse and my attempts to coax him out of a room were met an unexpected attack and he gave me a deep bite on the outside edge of my hand near the wrist and heís a big cat so he got me good; three of the fangs got nothing but soft fatty tissue but the fourth manage to get right in the tendon for the pinky finger and managed to hit a nerve and/or nick the tendon or something because damn itís messed my hand up for several weeks. To add to the injury Grandpaí Nurgle decided heíd add his blessings and naturally within a day it got infected and that even resisted the first round of antibiotics.

After two days of (mostly) solitary confinement and several more of giving him the cold shoulder Oakley and I are on good terms again. He really is a nice cat and I donít hold it against him, heís still adjusting and continues to mellow. But damn, for two weeks I lost my strength grip and could barely make a tight fist and I still canít twist anything without pain so itís stopping me from casting since I canít properly close the pressure chambers. Youíd never think you use your pinky finger that much until its injured and you discover that itís involved in lots of lifting and manipulating actions. Seriously cat, my hands are important to me, I really donít need them damaged.

However, I was spared my precision grip so I was able to hold a paintbrush so thatís what Iíve been doing damn it!

∙ Finally, something looming dark and bio-mechanical to stand at the front of the small throng of troops Iíve got going.

Iím quite satisfied with how heís turning out and Iím particularly happy with the glow effect I managed to pull off on the Eradication Ray. Iíve completely fallen in love with the Transparent Vallejo paints I picked up a while back for doing really light staining of surfaces perfect for quick OSL colour build up thatís nice and subtle. It works well thinned with water and I also like adding a bit to some GW glaze to create nice bright stain with a little more body.

Heís still not quite done this first preliminary paint job since now that heís assembled I need to go and add some OSL effects in a few logical locations and there are still a few final details I want to finish and/or get right. The glass globe on top, in particular, is something that Iím still trying to pull off; I want it to look like it filled with swirling/roiling smoke or vapours rather than a liquid and itís close but not quite there yet. Not to mention Iím still not sure of the best way to pull off glass effects so Iím nervous Iíll muck it up once I get it to a point Iím happy with. Oh well, itís not like I can stop now.

∙ I had planned on getting to these later but Iím happy to add some more close combat bite to the list if GW is going to give me the points to work with.

Happy to paint something that isnít a Vanguard Iíve had no problem getting down to work on the Infiltrators and theyíre very close to finished their preliminary paint job in these images. Figuring they werenít holding weapons across their torsos like other models I glued the arms in place for the painting and if I had to do it again I think Iíd keep them separate and assemble after; like too many models in the AdMech line thereís just so many nooks-and-crannies at odd angles that minimizing what you have to deal with is a good thing. I still want to add a few electrical spark effects on the ends of the Taser Goads, but beyond that, these are pretty much done, for now.

∙ The original plan was to have two Plasma Caliver Vanguard squads but they were toned down to Arc Rifles to trim some points.

But now Plasmaís back on the menu and I can take another full squad of Calivers and even keep the original Arc Rifle squad in the list for more bodies to push into the midfield. I guess itís a good thing my pile-of-shame was up to the task of quickly filling the gap GW was so kind to provide. While Iím happy to have more points to work with Iím glad Iím close to caught back up by getting these new additions finished. The end was in sight and then GW just had to go and add to the workload. Itís a good thing Iím so taken with the Mechanicus line so itís not too difficult to be forced to paint some more for a list.

Ok, itíll be a few more days and then Iíll get back to casting to get some more stock back on the shelves, and then Iíll turn my focus on getting another round of new kits prepped for production. I still have a few more kits I need to get done for the Rhino and Predator before I get to work on the Land Raider and start reverse engineering the Storm Raven. And those who are keeping an eye on the Mechanicus bits, donít worry, Iíll be turning my gaze to the Onager soon and then I want to start looking at the Armiger and Knight kits; once Iím at that point Iíll start considering how theyíll all come together to create the starting of a line for Mechanicus.

Thanks as always for reading. More to come. Stay tuned.
Grokfog and Old Man78 like this.

post #277 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-06-19, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Random hobby tangent! More important projects and duties? Bah! Iíve got a random kit-bash idea that demands my attention!

∙ I wanted a few more Arc Rifles for some small Ranger squads but I ran out; however, being an unsanctioned and unconventional Forge World I devised a counts-as solution.

I wasnít keen on the idea of buying more Arc Rifles as bits for a 4 point piece of wargear, so I think this is a good compromise and they even look pretty good, if I do say so myself. If thereís one thing Iíve got now that Iíve built an AdMech army, itís a ton of leftover arms and a bunch of Arc Pistols that had no other use. Iím going to see if I can bash an upgrade to their backpacks using some leftover Electro Priest bits to reinforce the concept.

post #278 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-09-19, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

++
+++++++++++
+++++
Comm-Link ∙ Active
+++++
+++
Motivation Subroutines ∙ RecalibratingÖ
+++++++
++++
Information Exchange ∙ Update
++++++
Asset Allocation Audit ∙ Complete
Resource Provision ∙ Updated
Operational Capacity ∙ Increased
+++++++++
++
Display Data-LogÖ
Atrum Laborisí 3rd Artisan Legion ∙ Disciples of the First Word +++ 1st War Cohort +++ Elements of ∙ 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Triarii Maniples +++
+++++
Preliminary Production Queue ∙ Revised Status Update
+++++++
+++++++++
+ Void Shield Generator ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Skitarii Rangers x10 (TA x2) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Caliver x3) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Caliver x3) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Arc x3) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Arc x3) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Sicarian Infiltrators x10 (FB + Goad x10) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Tech-Priest Dominus (E. Ray) ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Tech-Priest Enginseer ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Sydonian Dragoons x3 ∙ Initial Paintjob Complete
+ Tech-Priest Dominus (Volkite) ∙ Assembly and Prime Complete
+ Cybernetica Datasmith ∙ Assembly OngoingÖ
+ Kastelan Robots x2 ∙ Assembly OngoingÖ
+ Onager x3 ∙ Assembly OngoingÖ
+ Awaiting Further Production AllocationÖ
++++
+++++++
Data DownlinkÖ Complete
+++++
Displaying Data File ∙ Onscreen
+++
+++++++++

SighÖ do I ever hate winter. Despite being a night person who stays up late most of the time, the diminished daylight, combined with the cold, usually drives me into such a funk; yeah I say up late and sleep in, but the sun setting at 5:30 in the evening? Nope, my psyche simply struggles with that. Injuring my hand sure didnít help and despite it finally being healed Iím finding it difficult to get my motivation up and back at it in the studio. Itís only a matter of time now, but itís frustrating to be dragging like this and itís hard to put a finger on just why Iím procrastinating beyond the time of year and the weather.

However, if Iím going to be delinquent in some of my studio duties for a bit while I get some new wind in my sails, I figured the least I could do is be productive with painting my current projects. My armies are going to tie into the studio in the future, after all, and I suspect it wonít hurt my motivation to get out of the house and actually throwing some dice. But, that can only happen if I get the damn thing done, so itís not really a bad thing if I permit myself to get distracted with some painting, is it? YeahÖ yeah! Thatís my story and Iím sticking to it.

∙ Given the progress of getting the Troop elements are essentially done, I figured it was a good time to take a group photo.

∙ Since everything is magnetized for transportation and already attached to sheets of steel, itís not like it was too hard to get them all together for the shot.

The newer units Iíve been working on lately still need one more round of small details and touch-ups; the odd missing highlight, a few spots that need a bit of OSL work, some final clean-up in a few places, and some dry-brushing to finish a few bases. But for this update, Iím calling them finished with their preliminary paintjob. With all this rank-and-file complete to this point creating the center of the force itís hard to believe the end is really coming into sight. Thatís not to say there arenít still a few more things that will be added to this collection in the future, but for now, the first 2,000 points are actually in the home stretch, and then itís only a matter of adding some select units to provide some options and variety.

∙ As with the other Vanguard squads I did a little kit-bashing to make the Alpha and wargear operator unique.

∙ The Vanguard advance; in robes of blue two-by-two. Try to hide; the Omnispex says theyíll find you!

If GW is going to give the points, Iím happy to add another squad of Plasma toting Vanguard to the list. Combined with the original Plasma Vanguard and the new Infiltrators that were also recently added, I think Iíve got a nice blob of threat that I can teleport and infiltrate right where they can cause the most disruption to my future opponents.

∙ In Atrum Laboris, you donít fry the chickens. The chickens are the ones that fry you!

∙ A nice close-up image to show some of the custom components that are added to these Dragoons.

Iím very pleased with how all of the 3D printed bits turned out; not only do they add a bit of custom look to the models but theyíre also small experiments that were successful. The armour plates are nice proof-of-concepts for parts that will have very subtle concave or convex surfaces, and the small scale details in the arms really showcase that Servitor Solus is more than up to the task of creating components with high enough quality that they blend right in once theyíre painted. But now that I look at it, I think the Phosphor Serpenta could use a bit more black to break up the silver a bit.

Speaking of paint. While I still absolutely adore these models, they truly are a challenge and trial to paint. Iím glad that my scheme is straightforward because even this was much trickier than I was expecting. I really like to avoid handling miniatures that Iím painting until theyíre done and have at least one layer of varnish on them. The sweat and oils from your hands are counterproductive, corners and edges wear away, and if you painting with a lot of metallics like I am here metal flecks will start shedding and getting everywhere. But this damn model is just legs, hoses, rails, and numerous nooks-and-crannies to deal with everywhere, you have little choice but to handle it like crazy as you deal with it all. Iím happy to have a nice solid unit of three now that theyíre this far along, but theyíve got me looking forward to doing something thatís not so stroke inducing.

Ok. Thanks for looking. Thanks for reading. Comments, questions, or musings are always welcome. I have absolutely no idea whatís going to be in my next update; maybe some more paint, maybe a build, maybe something digital, or maybe something printed. Stay tuned. The motivation has been waning a bit lately but itís time it starts to wax once again.
Old Man78 and Nordicus like this.

post #279 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-11-19, 10:11 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Great work as always man. Very crisp and detailed work with a vibrant palette. As a grim dark painter myself, I could never make this work - Kudos!
Subtle Discord likes this.
post #280 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-21-19, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Blargh! Ok, think Iím serious now. Omnissiah I humbly offer my frail body to your magnificence and ask that you upgrade this weak mortal flesh. *Sigh* Just as my hand was finally healing properly, which took longer than I was expecting, I came down with a nasty cold that made its way through my house. I thought I had avoided it, but noooo, Nurgleís blessings for everyone! And itís one of those colds that comes in waves; you think your getting better until it comes back for round two. Ugh. Yep, just upgrade me and get it over with; start with my sinus, please, because right now I think the sense of smell is overrated and Iíd give it up to stop the bouts of throbbing pain.

So, with a lack of physical energy and mental concentration, Iíve slowly chipped away at some things that only required me to ooze into a chair and poke at my mouse and keyboard. I really hope in the near future I can get over this and get back to the studio in a serious way. With GWís recent activity I need to get the backlog out of the way so I can dive into new things and get back to exploring my first muse, Chaos! Naturally, by extension that will mean more Imperial kits as well, but Chaos will always be my first calling and the call is becoming quite loud with everything that GW has been up to. The voices from the warp are whispering again, and they are more numerous than ever before.

∙ With the starting Mechanicus army collection nearing completion I needed to buckle down and get the damn decals done, so I did.

As I suspected I might do, Iíve decided to change the squad marking scheme to fit a more official Mechanicus structure and so squads will be identified with an icon for their Manipul and a unit number. Most of the numbers I chose initially will migrate over while the symbols will consolidate under the new system. Doing this helped me make the decal sheets a bit more straightforward and let me add a bunch of extra icons that I can use of future projects, even if Iím not sure what theyíre going to be right now. Not wanting to completely abandon all of the various icons and symbols I dug up in the ĎInsert Symbolsí function of Word I collected them together and added a bunch of Alchemical symbols that seemed fitting and made long strips so I can use them as accents; the font ĎSegoe UI Symbolí has a great selection of odd symbols and icons if anyone is interested in where I found them.

I wasnít sure If I wanted to do a second sheet but I figured it was better to just bite the bullet and do it so I can have lots of decals for future projects of various scales. I do plan on creating a Forge World themed table at some point, so theyíll be very useful for some of those structures. I also know that Iím going to be doing some larger models for the Mechanicus collection in the future *longingly glances over at his half-built knight* so Iím positive theyíll find a place in those projects as well.

∙ With the Kastelan bits done I turned my gaze to the Onager kit and created some custom bits with the design cues Iím trying to bring to this collection.

As with the Dragoons, I wanted to do my take on Lucius pattern armour with subtly curved flat surfaces and some crisp/hard lines opposed to the rounder look of the original components. I also added my signature bevelled edge to the trim detail to further tie it into the look of my other kits; itís a detail thatís actually a holdover from building in styrene, but I still really like it as a way to add a bit of understated detail to some edges. While not as challenging as the Dragoon when it comes to achieving a proper fit, Iím still unsure if these are going to sit correctly on the model until I can get a few printed and see how they look. I think theyíre really close but time will tell.

When I first saw the Neutron Laser I was a bit underwhelmed and felt it was a bit plain. Initially, I thought I would replace the whole barrel but over time it actually grew on me so I decided to upgrade the Ďcapí thatís on the weapon housing. Not overly elaborate I think the extra gubbins do a good job of adding a bit of a deathray vibe to it, and I think itíll suit the Eradication Beamer if/when I chose to use them. I have plans to build several more Onagers so Iím sure some will be armed with Beamers. Naturally, everything is magnetized so switching and swapping the weapons will never be a problem.

Finally, since the reactor detail on the back is such a simple swap I couldnít help but update that component as well. Itís hard to tell from the angle of the screenshot but Iíve added some coils inside the housing. Thereís not much room to work with so I couldn't be too elaborate. Besides, my real motivation was so I could add some personal branding to the part, so I did.

Kind of a thin update this time, to fit well with how thin Iíve been feeling. My head is not pounding like it was the last few nights, so I think Iím finally kicking this damn blessing. Seriously Grandpaí, I am invigorated from your gifts *cough cough* and thank you for your attention, but please feel free to move along now and spread your gifts to someone else! *sniff*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
black legion , kit bashing , resin casting , scratch building , tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode