Legion Rising - Projects from The Dark Works - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 315 (permalink) Old 02-14-18, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Subtle Discord's Flag is: Canada

+++ Initialize Void Field? ∙ Y/N +++ Command Input ∙ Y +++_+++ Void Field ∙ Active +++ Plasma Raction ∙ Stable +++ Containment Field ∙ Nominal +++

+++ Command downlink received.+++ Downtime overdue. +++ Priority - Seek maintenance bay interface. +++Rejuvenationsubroutines activated. +++ Further data uplink to follow maintainance rites. +++
Khorne's Fist likes this.

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 315 (permalink) Old 02-15-18, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

For this update, enjoy a three-course meal of content. First up, some hordervesÖ

I have no idea why Vimeo is willing to present it in the vertical format but refuses to embed the video. If youíre interested, check the link below to see a full-size version.

Link to a much larger video - Arcis Pattern Shield Generator

This is by far the trickiest model Iíve ever had to photograph. Usually with miniatures you want to use lots of light and thereís no problem slowing the shutter speed so you can get a good depth of field (focus range) in the images. But in this case, too much light washes out the plasma effect and a slow shutter speed canít catch the constantly moving plasma streams. The settings and conditions that are best for capturing the plasma effect are pretty much the exact opposite to what youíd normally want to use to best showcase miniatures in photos. *Sigh*

But Iím getting ahead of myself. First, on to the main course. A morsel for the mind Iím going to call the taming of the sponge. Iíve seen a few people mention from time-to-time that they canít get results they like with the sponge technique to add a chipping weathered effect to a model. While not as authentic as doing multi-layered chipping techniques, Iíve found the sponge method is a good compromise to get excellent results that look very authentic and random with less effort than other processes. In fact, itís so fast once you get the hang of it that you can quickly get carried away so restraint and bit of patients is a good thing when using this technique. However, I have found a few tips, tricks, and understanding helps the process considerably.

First up, do yourself a favor and pick up a set of clamping needle nose tweezers and behold the improvement in control over this technique.

I have long slender fingers and even I have trouble controlling a tiny chunk of ragged sponge dipped in paint as I try to dab it reasonably precisely on a tiny detail of a miniature. A simple set of this kind of tweezer lets you create a temporary paint brush with much more control and visibility as you work.

The tweezers will let you easily twist and turn the sponge as you work and you can Ďchokeí the sponge until itís just a tiny tuft providing much more control working on small details.

Be sure to tear chunks of sponge off that will produce points, ridges, and edges that can provide a bit more precision to the technique. The sponge will always produce somewhat random blotches of ragged spots and thatís what you want, but this lets you have more control over where they go and how large theyíll be.

Try to find a selection of sponge of a few different densities to choose from to add further to the control you can have over the results.

The sponge pictured to the top is denser with more uniform bubbles. Simulated chips and scratches created with this sponge will be smaller and a bit more uniform. This is the type of sponge you want to use if you prefer a lighter speckling of chip marks on the edge of a model; dabbing most of the paint off of the sponge and applying a bit more pressure will tend to get that light chipping effect. Denser sponge is also stiffer so it provides a bit more control if you tear the sponge into the right shapes for your task and let the tweezers help.

The bottom chunk of sponge pictured is less dense and has much less uniform bubbles. This sponge will produce much larger simulated chips and flakes owing to the larger voids in the material. Combined with the softer nature of sponge like this a little more care is required. If you load too much paint and/or apply too much pressure with this sponge the spots can be very large. Itís always a good idea to keep a few pieces of primed sprew nearby so you can dab the sponge along an edge to test the results before you commit to a model. If the shapes that are being made donít work for any reason just swap out the sponge in the tweezers and try again. A little practice will have you discover how you prefer the shape of the sponge to be.

With black I prefer to use silver with a black wash mottled over top for weathering but if I was going to do this with practically any other colour Iíd likely use a dark grey and skip the wash.

I tend to start by placing a few larger simulated chips and flakes in key locations (read: corners and edges), fill it out with some smaller speckles, and then use a brush to unify and tweak the effect a little bit. Even with the added control, the tweezers provide the effect will still be somewhat random so a tiny bit of brushwork helps refine it a bit and tie it together.

The final tip I can provide for this technique is to thin the paint and mix in a little Future Floor Wax to lower the surface tension. This is the key trick to get the paint to apply nice and thin while still Ďclumpingí into the nice crackled and flaked shapes that make this process look reasonably authentic. Without the Future added in the paint wants to spread too much and is much harder to control and get a pleasing result.

Use the right tweezers. Use the right sponge. Use them the right way. Use a bit of Future Floor Wax in thinned paints. Rejoice with the improved control youíll find attempting this kind of technique.

And now on to something for the sweet toothÖ

Iíve never actually measured an official GW Void Shield model, but from my research, I think the footprint and height of the Arcis Generator are very similar.

I really wanted a ladder up to the battlements so that imposed some limits to how large it could be; large enough to put a small squad of snipers or heavy weapons but not much else.

Having a hexagram footprint it doesnít really have a back so hereís the other side so you can see how the power switch and cord are treated.

ďI said across her nose, not up her nose!Ē ~ Spaceballs ~ Extreme close-up! BecauseÖ why not? Details and stuff. OooooÖ plasma!

I do wish the primer had gone on a little smoother in a few spots but thatís a minor complaint about a model that Iím quite pleased on several levels. MmmmÖ progress. Me likey progress! Itís an interesting Ďunití to finish first for my Mechanicus army but itís kindaí fitting, really, if a bit unconventional. Itís going to make a great starting centerpiece for the rest of the army to build around. Speaking of which, an update for (mostly) finishing first Vanguard squad should be ready reasonably soon, but until thenÖ

Perhaps I can tempt you with an after dinner mint? Come now, of course you would, itís wafer thin.

Vanguard squads two and three (each toting 3x Arc Rifles) are stepping up on deck. Pictured here in mostly grey theyíre already primed and ready to start painting once the first squad is finished. Now that I have a good lock on pretty much every process and technique Iíll be using on these models I hope to be able to focus on them and power through them reasonably quickly. Iíve got an itch to start on something bigger and/or more elaborate and these two squads are my main barrier.

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

post #213 of 315 (permalink) Old 02-23-18, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

++++++++
++
Comm-Link ‧ Active
++++
+++++++
DownlinkÖ Complete
+++++
Displaying Data File ‧ Onscreen
+++

+++ Preliminary Production Quota ‧ Complete +++ Ongoing Production Quota ‧ Accepted +++ Recruit Selections 3440-3460 Proceeding to Implantation +++

+++ Data Transmission ‧ incomplete +++ Further Data Transmission ‧ Compiling +++ Update Incoming ‧ StandbyÖ +++

++++++++
+++
Append Information Exchange ‧ Additional Input +++ Large open spaces in the preliminary image offends the glory of the Omnissiah
++++
Production Quota Priority ‧ Upgraded +++ Current projects to be expedited; large scale construct assembly to commence
++++++
Comm-Link ‧ Active
+++++++++
++
Update Incoming ‧ StandbyÖ
+++++
++++++++
+++

post #214 of 315 (permalink) Old 02-24-18, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

+++
+++++
Comm-Link ‧ Active
+++++++
Data DownlinkÖ Complete
+++++
Displaying Data File ‧ Onscreen
+++
+++++++++

Well, this is a bit of an eclectic (Oooo, a $2 word) selection of units to (almost*) finish as a modest start to the collection. I didnít really plan on getting slightly distracted finishing the Void Shield Generator, but thatís what happened. Being already half finished for many months and beginning to collect dust, it was simply too much to ignore it. Naturally, wanting to see it with the plasma globe in place didnít hurt my shift in motivation.

*Almost finished because they are doneÖ sortaí. The primary paint job is finished. Iíve hit the edges and high points with gloss varnish and given everything the first coat of matt varnish, thatís a little closer to a satin which is my actual preference for general applications. Now theyíre going to wait for decals before a bit of dirtying up and the final coats of varnish. For now, Iím procrastinating on the decals because I want to complete more units for the army and get a better idea where I want to put icons, thus having a better idea just what size the decals will need to be; so thereís that, aaand Iím kindaí not looking forward to the work involved in finishing the icons and compiling the final decal sheets, so that can wait until Iím feeling more inspired to do such things and I have more models that are at the point of actually needing them.

Ok, ok, this isnít exactly a unit that hasnít been shown before but I figured a few more images for the sake of completeness wouldnít go amiss.

Given that the Ad Mech line is new and Iím so pleased with the models I donít plan on doing any elaborate conversions like I might be tempted to do when working with Chaos. However, I dislike excessive repetition caused by repeating models in an army, so I prefer when I can use a posable multipart kit/s to assemble the Troops of a collection; even subtle changes in pose and composition can dramatically improve the level of variety that can be found in an army that may otherwise be very similarly equipped. The Skitraii kit walks an interesting line in this regard. They donít offer as much in the way of pose-ability as I would normally prefer, but the kit does have ten distinctly posed miniatures and there is a good range of selection in the components. Switch a few arms, swap a few backpacks and turn the odd head and thereís enough variety to obscure any blatant repetition in the rank-and-file, but not so much with the Alphas and the Omnispex/Data-tether operators. So Iíve decided to focus a bit of converting and kit-bashing on those models in each of the squads to provide some variety to the models that are the center of each unit.

To that end, this first unit of rangers is taking the easy route and staying completely stock with no changes, since the Alpha simply requires nothing more than a Galvanic Rifle which are plentiful and that leaves the shouldered rifle component for the Omnispex operator. Iíll want the next unit of Rangers to mix thing up a bit, but Iíll worry about that another day.

Besides, showing the Rangers again gives me a chance to show a nice large image of them in context, perched in the battlements of the Void Shield Generator.

Damn the bases for the Transuranic Arquebus models are freakiní huge. The squad in my list is 8 strong but the battlement doesnít really accommodate more than 6 miniatures with the 2 Transuranic Arquebusí taking up so much floor space. Since this is their intended perch it looks like I might need to tweak my list a bit. The extra bodies are really just ablative wounds for the models with the wargear that matters, so I guess losing a few isnít an issue, but Iím not sure if there are many options to make use of the points that will be freed up. HummÖ

Delayed by finishing the Void Shield, the first squad of Plasma Caliver toting Vanguard is now caught up with the Rangers.

Hereís a large close-up to showcase the paint job and to have a look at the switch-and-swap conversions I did on the Alpha and the Omnispex operator.

I want to give the Alphas in the Vanguard squads Taser Goads in part because they are signature Mechanicus weapons that are unique looking but I also plan/hope to use the Vanguard to support some close combat actions where their Rad-saturation rule can offer some extra utility. So, with luck, the Alpha might add an exploding six with the Goad from time-to-time. Not knowing which unit will be called on to perform this (likely suicidal) maneuver Iím going to give them to all the Vanguard Alphas and thatís where the vile specter of repetition crops up. I also want at least some of the Alphas holding their Rad Carbines in both hands so that begs the question of what to do with the Taser Goad when Iím not using the stock bit.

The same problem arises with the Omnispex, since I donít want every single model equipped with one to be in the exact same arm extended pose. So, in this case, I took the opportunity to do a simple switch-and-swap of the Omnispex arm and the Taser Goad arm; removing the Taser Goad from its arm let me easily add the Omnispex to it so it can be in a lowered position, and from there I needed to add the Taser Goad bit to the Alpha in a convincing way If I wanted him holding his Rad Carbine at the ready. So, with a bit of scratch build, I created a simple buckled strap to wrap around the weapon letting it be stowed on the Alphaís backpack. Since the backpack already features a covering with straps and buckles it didnít seem like a stretch.

+++ Recruit Selections 3440-3460; Implantation Process ‧ Ongoing +++ Production Expedited +++ Progress Reports ‧ Ongoing +++

Next up, two squads of Vanguard toting Arc Rifles, which is the minimum number of Skitarii Iíll need to complete my initial list. For future list flexibility I was going to force myself to complete 60 Skitarii before moving to bigger things, but the itch to work on projects that will benefit the list right now is very strong so I suspect things might change. Any progress is good progress, however, so Iím not going to sweat my order of execution too much as long as whatever I work on is in the list. That damn Void Shield Generator is just too dominating, I need some bigger toys to bring it down some.

Thanks for reading, following along, the kind words, and feedback. As always comments, questions, and general musing are always welcome.

Now go paint something! ;)

post #215 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-01-18, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

So now for another tale of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. My first batch of 3D printed parts was finished and shipped. They arrived yesterday and itís a bit of a mixed bag that will, unfortunately, be delayed a bit while I find a solution.

First up, the Good. The larger components and objects that are best suited to the ProJet 3D printing process I had done turned out quite well.

Thereís absolutely nothing wrong with the precision of my designs or the ability of the printing process to make very accurate and true parts. Flat parts with details that didnít involve undercuts were produced very clean and sharp. There is a minor bit of banding on the surfaces that can be made out in the picture just a bit; itís not perfect but itís very subtle and not a problem on larger pieces like this. A little filing, sanding, and some leveling primer should remove it. Itís a bit of work, but when undercuts and shapes that require support material come into play it becomes another issue altogether.

Now on to, the Bad. As you can see, the wax support material has a distinct effect on the surface quality of the printed components.

Iíve worked with PolyJet/ProJet parts several times in the past. Itís the process that Shapeways uses for their extreme detail printing and itís an industry standard that is very good for many applications. If the parts I was creating were just a bit larger, had more pronounced details, and could be covered in several layers of paint, I might be able to make it work. Even with these parts, because theyíre larger, it wonít be too bad to sand them, file them, and use some leveling primer to make them ready for casting. Again, more work when I prefer, but not too unreasonable. Unfortunately, this surface issue becomes a problem when the scale of the components shrinks one more level.

And this is, the Ugly. Despite the details on these smaller components being pretty simple the contact of the wax support material has turned the surface far too rough.

These parts were printed with a recent generation of ProJet printer (3510 HD), so I was hoping it would be better than some results I had in the past. While there were improvements to the quality of the prints and most of the parts are serviceable with a bit of prep work, the smaller bits of each of the kits will require a better printing solution. It looks like Iím back to shopping around for a company that can provide parts made with EnvisionTEC (Perfactory) printers if my research is correct.

In an effort to salvage some use from the parts I assembled one of the pintle weapons to test the fit and function of the kit.

Thereís nothing wrong with how precise these parts are, thatís for sure; everything fits perfectly and functions exactly as I had hoped so the weapons can be swapped very easy. But despite the Bolters pictured here being some of the better ones that printed, and all the parts getting an alcohol scrub to remove some of the rough material, the surface quality is just too grainy and rough to leave as-is and it would be too much work to attempted to clean and refine them smooth. Nope, these components need to be printed with a better process from the get-go.

Due to costs, I was only able to print the first new Mk.3 Trim design and it will be prepped and be in mould rubber in the next few days. Most of the parts for the Havoc Launchers turned out well and I will be getting them prepped as well. But most of the parts for the Pintle Weapons, and one part for the Havoc Launcher, simply need to be reprinted to a better quality and Iíll be looking into that right away. I know it can be done, I just need to find the right people to do it. Itís frustrating to be delayed, but I was a little suspect that this might happen, so Iím trying to not let it be too disappointing and just get down to figuring out the solution to the problem.

Iíve got the ideas, the ability to 3D model and scratch build them, the skills to make good moulds, and the ability to produce great casts, I just need to get this damn prototyping nut cracked before I can be 100% confident that I have my entire manufacturing process down firm. To anyone whoís been patiently waiting for me to get properly up-and-running, sorry for the delays, but now Iím so close, with just one last (for now) puzzle to figure out.

*Sigh* I'm enjoying getting my studio up-and-running, but I can't wait until I get everything figured out for this. I'd rather just be painting right now.

post #216 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-07-18, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

+++ Submitting Progress Report ++ Recruit Selections 3440-3460; Implantation Process ‧ Ongoing +++ Production Expedited +++

Sleep now. More rambling later. Using new rubber for moulds, blessed by Nurgle (you'll see), and I like it. First new moulds finished tomorrow. Update to follow once they're done and the first casts are in hand. For now, bed ways is right ways. Viddy well my droogs. Viddy well.

post #217 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-08-18, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

What's old is new again. A refinement of the original Mk.1 design, the Mk.3 Proditor Rhino Trim kit preliminary casts are successful.

This is a new way I'm trying to cast these thin components, so I'm very relieved that they've cast properly. There's a bit of extra flash with this early cast, but it's tissue paper thin and cleans away quite easily. Some adjustments to how the moulds are clamped reduced the flash almost completely.

Further update to follow soon.

post #218 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-09-18, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Up to this point, Iíve been pouring my vacuum casting moulds around the part and cutting the pour gate out of the mould by hand. Since the liquid resin expands considerably as it literally boils when it reaches full vacuum during this process, the pour gate needs to be quite large in relation to the part being created. Not only was cutting the gate by hand risky, given the amount of force required I was very worried I might slip doing it and severely cut myself, but it also wastes a large piece of perfectly useful RTV (Room Temp Vulcanizing) rubber.

Hey look! Itís one of the most boring moulds Iíve ever made, and yet, itís going to produce extremely useful objects for use in all future mould making.

With just three simple parts built from styrene (1cm, 2cm, and 5cm) I was able to create a modular pour gate that can be made larger in 1cm increments by stacking them in various combinations. Completely reusable, they can also be easily modified to make them slimmer for moulds that are thinner, like the ones I made for the new Proditor Trim Kit. Since I make two-part moulds they can also be stacked on the opposite side in the second part of the mould in order to double the gate size. Theyíre nothing revolutionary, but Iíve been procrastinating on making these simple-yet-functional bits for a while, so Iím glad I finally got them out of the way.

On a tangent side note, I canít help but find it humorous that I am still unable to find a better solution to Lego for producing mould boxes. As I start to find more-and-more professional solutions for different parts of my production process the Lego keeps looking a little amateur beside it all, but I simply canít ignore how completely functional and reliable it is. For the tiny bit of extra labour it takes to build and remove the box it creates perfect moulds of any shape or size (within reason), provided you have enough bricks. These bricks may have started life as colourful toys but for me, theyíve turned into real workhorses for my studio.

If the vivid pink Mold Max-30 RTV rubber Iíve been using was blessed by Slaanesh, then the sickly green Mold Max-40 has got to be the work of grandpaí Nurgle.

In an effort to make moulds that are even more resistant to deforming when theyíre firmly clamped to avoid mould slips, mould lines, and flash, Iíve been giving Mold Max-40 a try. It is noticeably thicker and more difficult to mix so vacuum degassing of the rubber is really a must. It also takes longer to cure; where MM-30 can be ready in 12-16 hours, MM-40 takes closer around 18-24 hours. However, the rubber is noticeably stiffer while still being very flexible and tough, excellent for producing the thin and precise parts Iím after. Iíve been having some small problems with moulds deforming ever-so-slightly over time so I think the stiffer MM-40 will help mitigate that issue.

ďWhats shades of green is that, puke?Ē Ö ďFor your information, itís called Electric Mucus.Ē ~ Futureama

Ok, so itís not quite Electric Mucus Green, but itís definitely really close. Iíve grown quite fond of the unnatural hue, in fact.

As Iíve alluded to, the first new moulds created with 3D printed casting masters are for the Mk.3 Proditor Light Trim Kit designed to fit the Rhino Chassis. With this kit, thereís still a lot of straight lines going on but 3D modeling the parts finally lets me take advantage of precise curves and round elements that would be much trickier to produce in scratch-built styrene. There is still a frustrating extra layer of labour required to sand smooth and refine the surface to get it as smooth as possible before the mould making process, but I know how well the mould rubber replicates even subtle surface variations so I canít let it slide. Itís hard to make it flawless but itís not difficult (just tedious) to greatly reduce it so it disappears under a layer of primer and a few layers of paint.

Iíve quickly mocked up the parts on a Rhino with absolutely none of its surface details removed, so the fit is a little comical in these images.

This is more to quickly showcase the look of the new kit on the model and give a close up look at the first new parts made by The Dark Works, so please forgive the fit. Itís appropriate that this should be the studioís first new kit since itís one of the key the original ideas that got me so much feedback from the community that it encouraged me to seriously consider starting the studio in the first place. Consider this a promissory note of my serious intent to redesign and update my current line while expanding the selection of new kits also available. Progress has been a bit slower than I expected, but Iím finally starting to get things sorted out and hope to start picking up the pace as I get each additional kink worked out of my process.

However, there is a bit of reality that comes with this kit in particular. While the costs of getting the smaller kits (more on those in the near future) 3D printed was in the expected price range, this Trim Kit was surprisingly more expensive than I was expecting; this one Trim Kit cost more to print than the parts to produce all four different models of the counts-as Havoc Launcher Iíve designed. While I had planned on getting all three designs of the first new Trim Kits printed, because they are/were still a bit experimental, the cost forced me to stick to only the Mk.3 while I made sure these would cast properly with the vacuum process.

While this isnít scaring me away from making these Trim Kits or future Armour Kits and beyond, it has brought into focus that the cost of some of my larger ideas will likely be more expensive than I was first expecting. It goes without saying that Iíll need to crunch numbers, pay more attention to labour input as I work on smaller projects, and see how to best proceed when it comes time to start making my larger designs a reality. While finances are always a factor right now I have a few final technical issues that I want to put to bed before I start figuring out how I can make some of my larger ideas real from a cost perspective.

So, behold this tip of the spear, a modest sign of much more to come. Thanks for following along.

post #219 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-17-18, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

+++ Neural Congress ‧ Initialized +++ Comm-Link ‧ Active +++ Data Uplink‧ Initiazing +++ Decripting Uplink‧ Ongoing +++ Standby... +++

post #220 of 315 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

A sidetrack update because current painting progress is rather bland. Yaaay, I’ve cleaned up all the black and got some of the highlighting started… and the models look virtually no different in photographs. So I’ll continue doing the highlights and then it will be on to the green and that’ll justify a fresh round of images. I’m still not sure how I want to treat the Arc Rifles, but I’ll burn that bridge when I get to it.

In the meantime, I’ve been itching to build a bit, but I know that I really shouldn’t get too distracted if I want to stay on track getting paint on these core Troops. So I chose to turn my focus towards the first Tech-Priest Dominus I had started a while back; he’s been glowering at me from the corner of my monitor stand for several months, so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to get the final details done.

+++ Name ‧ To Be Determined +++ The first of two planned Tech-Priest Dominus’ using the official GW model has been converted to personalized it, but I didn’t really do anything too dramatic to the pose.

Since the change to the left arm removes a very static element of the miniature I figured I’d try to build on the ‘Now, I’m gonna’ hit you with this!’ feeling it was developing; I cut the model at the waist and twisted the torso slightly in an effort to tilt the head a little and give the pose a bit of a lean. Combined with the change to the right arm it’s not a huge difference but I think it makes it look like he’s about to move in the direction he’s looking opposed to the static pose of the original model.

A few other minor conversions and alterations to some details is just my attempt to alter the miniature a bit in easy ways. With the Start Collecting box ensuring that any AdMech collector will have multiple Dominus models at their disposal I know I’ll be using it as a base for at least a few more models. Anything that I can come up with to help change things up a bit and alter the look will be a good thing.

Stan: “We need to talk. Do you know what this about?” … Joanna: *Sighs* “My uh, flair?” … Stan: “Yeah. Or your uh, lack of flair, because I’m counting and I only see fifteen pieces.” ~ Office Space

To that end, to add a bit of originality to the model and to represent a Mechanicus Relic I integrated an Infiltrator/Ruststalker backpack to the component (Refractor Field?) that attaches to the Dominus’ back. In this case, it will represent the Solar Flare relic available to armies with the Lucius Forge World dogma.

I added a post to the bottom of the Dominus’ back component to mount the smaller backpack on and it was very useful for holding the part in place as I tweaked the styrene rods I used to act as cables between the two bits. No heat bending involved, I just cut 0.8mm styrene rod to length and bent them into the desired shape; after a bit of adjustment, I got a droop that I was happy with and then glued all the parts together.

Originally intended to be a Heretek Priest to lead a renegade Mechanicus militia force, the changes that arrived with 8th edition have put that plan into stasis… for now.

Since I have the need of a Tech-Priest Enginseer for my current list it looks like this miniature is going to find its way back to its original purpose. It’s a bit more converted then it needs to be but I don’t think the rule-of-cool will mind. It’s not like the Enginseer has any wargear options to cause any confusion over, despite what the model looks like.

I figured it was a reasonable distraction to get these two models done since I need to have something on deck and ready for primer once I get the current squads of Vanguard finished. Now that I’ve given myself a small styrene fix I think it’ll be easier to return my focus to the Vanguard and get them done.

*Subtle wanders off to paint some highlights*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
black legion , kit bashing , resin casting , scratch building , tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode