Hydraulix's Snow Tau P-log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Hydraulix's Flag is: USA

Default Hydraulix's Snow Tau P-log

I started this army back in 4th edition so most of it is paint-stripped and reworked. I think i have finally settled on the paint scheme and here we go. WIP still as the drones and XV-25 need to be reworked just a touch. The FWs are far from done but I got pleased with the progress and had to put them up. I have more pics but they are refusing to load so i will try again in the morning. I will add the paints i am using then as well.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0706.jpg (429.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0252.jpg (435.6 KB, 12 views)

"I wager my testicles and the ongoing chance of fulfilling the lady friends desires and therefore my continued ability to breath that I'm not the only one in that boat as well."-Jacobite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Default Update

Ok here is some more. Crisis suit I have been working on, going to do the same to all my suits, adding lots of armor and moving the jump jets back a bit (Not yet done on this guy). The riptide is taking a back burner cause no way will it be done before boot camp. The broadsides are next up here. The hammerhead is way back from fourth and needs lots of repair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0291.jpg (424.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.jpg (531.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0724.jpg (502.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0725.jpg (471.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0726.jpg (543.4 KB, 2 views)

"I wager my testicles and the ongoing chance of fulfilling the lady friends desires and therefore my continued ability to breath that I'm not the only one in that boat as well."-Jacobite
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 09:34 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

get painting some more minis :-)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Default August 18th Update

Alright so I have some more done up, its going much slower then i had hoped but we will see how much can get done before September 16th!
Ive got the broadside almost finished up as well as the commander, (Have to retouch a few spots and brighten the white is all)
I have started adding the snow texture paint to the bases and taking white over that. Ive been painting 'LA' on the fire warriors and 'UI' on the broadside and 'O' on the commander in the Tau alphabet to mark them out.
Tomorrow should be another good painting day so hopefully a good update will come Monday.
but i do have one WIP pic for anyone watching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0730.jpg (478.1 KB, 6 views)

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 07:45 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Very nice. It's like a reverse Farsight scheme. I think the basing needs something more though. Snow is all well and good, but it needs something else on the base to break up all the white, like boulders or plants.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Default No update...

Ex called and I failed my LD check and answered the phone. Then failed my ward save and got all fucked up in the head after a LONG conversation (She is one of those, 'oh my BF didn't work out figured i would call you cause i am lonely' kinda girls) So I got no painting done dammit.

I did just now finish a small game though and noticed I need some serious anti-heavy-tank guns, strength 7 spam will not hurt LRs and the riptide is to busy getting shot by every gun on the table to do much. Hammer head yes, but it seams so fragile and large. So my other option i was thinking was give some crisis suits fusion but i wanted to give them all plasma for that sexy AP :/

So my question is, how do you all feel about suicide Piranhas?... Cause I started work on a conversion already 8)

Yes the larger bases need more I have noticed, my crisis suits have dead Nids adorning them. The FW i think are so small idk about adding anything to there bases :S

Bushes maybe, but I was thinking more along the lines of a barren ice world so i guess rocks is better, but seams so dull at the same time. :/ Can I get some idea spam please people?

I have work tomorrow but might have a small update late. I will try to squeeze in the time, working on it a few hours tonight as well.

Thanks for the feed back Guys! Loving the optimism on heresy!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

HOLY CRAP i post this and go to get my paint and then she calls me again, I think i am cursed seriously

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 04:47 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
HOLY CRAP i post this and go to get my paint and then she calls me again, I think i am cursed seriously
Caller ID and the Ignore button do wonders...also if you have a wireless phone you can usually block numbers on your carrier's website...just saying

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode