Jac's Log Of Everything other than Yearly PC (Tau, Radical =I=, 48MM, Space Marines) - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 247 (permalink) Old 10-26-13, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Cheers hum. Hopefully the symbolism behind it will become clear in time.

The Velk’ta Sept

“Among the frozen forests, we endure”

The Velk’ta Septworld lies right on the edge of the Damocles Gulf , one of the final Tau Empire outposts before the great darkness that leads to the Farsight Enclaves. Situated between Fi’Rios and Vior’La it’s history is a tragic one, it’s birth glorious with a childhood of hope before undergoing a disastrous coming of age.

Pre-History

The small ball of icy rock slowly orbiting a distant and dying star was not always so. It used to be a verdant forest world full of green tall trees and deep oceans not unlike Terra when the Emperor was but a boy. Lefax as it’s native human population called it was brought into compliance with the rest of the Imperium at some point during M36 after being brought to the Imperium’s attention by a Rouge Trader. The White Consuls Chapter who under took the action found the population ready to accept the Imperium’s Light when it became clear that their meager military could never hold back the Astartes might. Being a small and single planet orbiting it’s star with no natural resources to speak of and a population offering no resistance the planet’s new conquerors moved on to greater glories. A simple tithe of 1 regiment of the faithful every generation as well as medical supplies was enough to keep the Munitorum happy and, other than the replacement of the Tree God with the Emperor in the holy books to all extents and purposes, life continued on as normal for the population. The Adeptus Ministorum judged that the previous religion of worshiping the god of the forest resting in within the branches of a golden tree was simply a variation of the Imperial Cult and as such was of no danger.

A space port was built on the equatator on the shores of the biggest sea and served as a centralized meeting place for the tribes who wandered the forests replacing the tents and tree houses that once served a similar purpose. It was here that the Ministorum made their central church, although they did have outposts or shrines in nearly every village and the Planetary Govenor maintained a winter household.

The single moon that orbited the planet proved that, while lacking in the mineral resources that the Adeptus Mechanicus had hoped for, it was an idea place for a space observation post and mounted a large research facility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 247 (permalink) Old 12-21-13, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Just a quick note to say this thread still lives. Last month was taken up with trying and failing to paint 20 Minotaurs and this month after painting the Minotaurs Libby I've taken a break for 10 days. However I'm back into it now, abet slowly on this front. I'm working about at the final 6 members of the CF in power armor. I'm also trying to do it with the tiny amounts of the paint that I have left. So this should be interesting. Here is 3 basecoated:

post #63 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

It still lives. I'm slowly chipping away at the edge high lighting of those Crimson Fury, got two to go plus a jump packs and the like. I'll post a picture of them when they done. Some of you may remember those hastily smashed out Penal Legionaries I did last year. Well I finally got around to Black Rimming their bases:

So that is 35 of them done. Now the benefit of doing them as I have is that I've actually got a lot of options as to how to run them. Just a quick break down of them:

1 guy with a banner that is removable (could work as a standard bearer)
3 guys with grenade launchers
31 guys with lasguns.

That's what I have painted, in addition I have sitting in parts 5 Cadians armed with CCW's (1 with a blade that could be a power sword),a Commissar and 1 pretty battered Ogre left over from my half built heavy weapons servitors for the back burnered =I= force) waiting to be painted. Basically means that I can run a few different combos of the list. Small Infantry Platoon with a Special Weapons Squad, Penal Legion Squads, Commissar Lord etc, they won't be the most effective lists due to the lack of special and heavy weapons but it's nice to have options. I can always just pin some special weapons to a base and do up some HW bases and drill out holes for the legionaries to stand in.

The Cadian "Custodians" are all ready to be painted and I'm considering painting them for the Feb month of the painting challenge just as a bit of a break from painting bronze. The Ogre however needs a bit of TLC (and a new arm). The idea behind him fluffwise is that he's a poor lost Ogryn that the Penal Legion has picked up along the way and kept him. Ruleswise he will count as a heavy weapons team and the heavy weapon I give him is going to be suitably generic looking that it could count as pretty much anything bar a mortar and even then meh it could probably count as that as well. Anyway here are some pictures of the process so far:

Random pile of parts that was dredged up from the bits box to use on him, obviously not all will be used.

Shot of the body that I half converted ages ago, got pissed off at and threw into the BB for later. When I pulled him out he didn't have either arm so I managed to get a cut up shoulder joint and an arm (which was actually the wrong arm but I just carved it up a bit and it's not that noticeable) and stick them to him. I'll GS the missing parts of course. For the hand I'm just going to use an Ork hand.

Also shaved down his boots which will also be GS'd. Side view of said arm:

His other arm is not so easy a fix, I don't have any other left over Ogre parts and I can't be bothered tracking some down for a mini that I don't actually care too much about. So instead I'm giving him a "bionic" one, it's just a trimmed down terminator storm bolter arm from AOBR. It's about the right size, maybe a little small but I can live with it, I might add some pistons and the like to it to bulk it up a little.

The weapon is just a multi laser body with the heavy flamer canisters from a Sentinel trimmed down and stuck on the end. I'll probably remove those power cords from the bottom and replace it with a generic looking ammo canister. I figure it's generic enough looking to count as any HW should I ever come to play (hahahahahahaha yeah right).

This is what he currently looks like, got a fair bit of GS'ing to do on the left hand side of the body and I'll hopefully get it looking so the metal shoulder looks crudely implanted. Same with the hand and fore arm. Again, I'm not too bothered how he looks as long as he's passable I'm not bothered. It's not like the rest of the force is at GD standard.

post #64 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 04:01 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

The penal legionnaires are looking great! And the ogre looks really promising, too.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #65 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Cheers TSOH, for a group of shitty second hand Catachans who were covered in super glue they turned out ok especially considering my hatred of painting flesh which we've talked about a few times. Looking forward to getting the Custodians done and getting a shot of all of them together. Hopefully this Ogryn does turn out ok as well.
post #66 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 08:11 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Really looking forward to seeing that ogre...

post #67 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Well here is a WIP for you @torealis , the plastic terminator shoulder pad needs to be cut down some more obviously and maybe a bit more work on the shoulder blade as well as smoothing out the bloody finger prints but over all I'd say it's looking alright considering I haven't sculpted anything in ages.

and boots:

This won't be his final base wither, I just needed something to work with him on. Anyway once it's cured I can shave down that shoulder pad and reassess what needs doing. Got to think of someway of putting a bomb on him as well. I'm planning on putting a lot of pouches on him to hide various things I can't be bothered spending time doing so I'm sure I can work something up in there.
post #68 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 02:10 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

What is they grey putty you use to sculpt?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #69 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 04:40 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Loving it

post #70 of 247 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
What is they grey putty you use to sculpt?
It's called "Grey Stuff", I got it from Cloud 9 I think, it's just another form of green stuff really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Loving it
Cheers tor!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode