Jac's Log Of Everything other than Yearly PC (Tau, Radical =I=, 48MM, Space Marines) - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
That librarian though... looks a bit plain?
I was waiting for somebody to ask that question! In a word, yes, very plain which is what I was going for as an explanation read: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/t...ia-rock-wyrms/

or just the relevant part being :

"The Chapter having taken recruits from many worlds has developed a culture of sparsity, they discard all the frivolities and trappings that most other chapters have instead only keeping the Crux Terminatus in wide spread circulation. This open display of humility is a constant reminder to the Astartes than where-ever they have come from they are now a Rock Wyrm and have cast their former lives behind. Now they are a servant of the Emperor and his subjects.

The armor of the Rock Wyrms is primarily unpainted, instead it remains the bare unpainted ceramite that it has always been. The only colors that are applied to the armor are white bone on the inner shoulder pads and the Aquila on the chest plate should it be there representing the Rock Wyrms faith and humility. The left shoulder pad rim is also used to denote company color.

"Officers Rank is denoted by the wearing of a cloak made reptile hide as a sign of rank but other than this no indication of rank is given.

Librarians, Apothecaries and Chaplains, like the rest of their brothers, wear uncolored armor with the exception of their left shoulder pad which will show their traditional symbols and colors (horned skull, prime helix or skull respectively). Chaplains will wear a skull helmet and carry a Rosarius , Librarians will also wear a tabard with the appropriate symbols on it. Apothecaries carry the tools necessary to their job like in any other Chapter but otherwise are unchanged from a normal marine.

The Rock Wyrms chapter symbol is a simple symbol representing a dragon coiled protectively around a planet. It is painted in black on the right shoulder pad."

Although on this particuler Libby I went with a chain mail tabard (nothing to do with the fact that him being a Libby instead of Vulkan is a late change, no sir, not at all).

Also the squad he runs with looks like this:

So as you can see they are pretty plain as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quick update of stuff I did before going to bed. Base just needs some tidying up and a few bits of snow added:

and I added a band (which will be painted silver) to grip of the Captains sword to cover the join).

post #203 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Well he is now based and awaiting varnishing once I black rim the base. After these photos were taken I did add a little flash of yellow to his waist as well I put him next to some other Libby's he don't quite work.

He counts as a Libby with Force Lance or Maul with a Combi Flamer and probably Pyromancy as a pysker power.

Last edited by Jacobite; 05-02-14 at 11:39 PM.

post #204 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 02:16 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good answer.

post #205 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Haha cheers, it was an experiment I did when I realised that I could make a squad or two of marines who all looked exactly the same. As a bit of a laugh and to see if I could make it look ok I went with it and then took it further not only do all the squad members look the same but they are also really plan. That Libby was supposed to be a Captain originally so he's got a bit more bling than I would have otherwise have liked. Still he's turned out alright seeing as I painted that first squad over a year and a half ago and he seems to match the palate. It's highely likely that he will be the last Marine of this chapter I will paint simply because I'm trying to reduce the amount of different forces and minis I am doing.
post #206 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Started to throw some paint on those very battered sentinels:

Also be working at giving one an open hatch, WIP below:

I should really put those finishing touches to that Captain though. I'm a little scared to paint the helmet it must be said.
post #207 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Working at building up the roof of the second Sentinel:

post #208 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

More roof pic (the GS will of course be filed flat etc):

post #209 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 01:56 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

You certainly have a talent for rescuing models. Nice work on the sentinels so far.
post #210 of 247 (permalink) Old 05-10-14, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Thanks @SonofVulkan , one of the joys of being on a limited budget, you get used to resurrecting minis that have been treated pretty badly. Hopefully these turn out ok, I haven't painted any vehicles in a while so it could be interesting.

Today things got blue, very blue:

That ink went pretty much fucking everywhere including all over my hands. Hopefully it works though, next up is the heavy enchanted blue dry brush and layer and then black ink to really hit the dark spots.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode