Jac's Log Of Everything other than Yearly PC (Tau, Radical =I=, 48MM, Space Marines) - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
A) that's going to be awesome

B) that sanguinary guard red is incredible.
Fingers crossed it turns out ok, I'm trying to make him look very similar to my Captain (who is also wip but based on the old VV sergeant). In my head this army has a very specific battle they take part in, the Captain is killed and as he dies his body is inhabited/possessed by the Sanguinor but with added bling and goes about to kick ass. I've never liked the idea of the Sanguinor just appearing, doesn't really sit right with me, I'd like to think of him being a manifestation of the Emperor's will/Sanguinuis and possessing fallen warriors at the opportune time. Just me though. Basically it means I want to make this mini very similar to my captain mini.

Re: the red. It's fucking great aye! and sadly I'm never going to be able to repeat it once the very small amount of ink I have left is gone, I'm saving that for the Sang. It's really hard not to use it on my Mino's it really is. It's made painting the red on them a real bitch since I started with it and then realised I couldn't continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Hmm quite a project, I'll be watching this one with interest!
Thanks man, hope it turns out ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 02:33 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Is the Coat D'Arms red ink the same as the one you are using?

I know these are the exact same as the old paints that I am using (the old octagonal bottles with flip tops like this):

I need to make an order from them myself as I am almost out of all my old stuff.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Last edited by iamtheeviltwin; 03-28-14 at 02:43 PM.
post #143 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Fraid not, it might be what GW had before they made the red ink I am after, I bought some of that stuff and it's just not the same, the red ink I want is very bright, glossy and vibrant, you could basically use it over a white undercoat and it would probably give you a passable red, not that I'm going to try it!

post #144 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Here is the Sanguinior as he started the night and next to him is the mini which I am basing all the leg details in particular off:

I then did a bit of cleaning as you see above and below:

And then got down to adding some more details and this is how the night finished:

So slowly adding things and reworking them.
post #145 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 01:12 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition
Default Jac's Log Of Everything other than Yearly PC (Tau, Radical =I=, 48MM, Space M...

I don't know if it's because he doesn't have a sword arm, because his arm is too far out or because the left leg is too far back, but I can't help but think it looks slightly like he's skipping from the front.

But great plog and I look forward to seeing more

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #146 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
I don't know if it's because he doesn't have a sword arm, because his arm is too far out or because the left leg is too far back, but I can't help but think it looks slightly like he's skipping from the front.

But great plog and I look forward to seeing more
It's probably the fact that he doesn't have any of the "other" bits on him, the idea with the arm is that he is reaching out for the gravely wounded Captain, the head angle should sell it more. Here is a mock up final pose I am envisioning to give you some idea of where I am going, bear in mind his body will fairly upright, oh yeah and he will have wings... of course:

post #147 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 10:38 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Without the wings he looks like he's just come off an epic trampoline! Epic work as usual mate.

post #148 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Yeah wings will certainly help the pose I think! I've ordered some of the old metal Pegasus wings as even though they might be a touch small the way they are folded will work best I think, I was going to use the old metal feathered wings that came on all the old WFB minis but they just don't look right for a mini in this position, they look good when the mini is face down in flight like a bird but when they "hovering" effectively they look a bit odd:

This is what the wings will look like seeing as this conversion also uses the Nightbringer legs as a base:
post #149 of 247 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

He has feet now:

They generally help when slaying the Emperor's foes.
post #150 of 247 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Work continues on the VV. I now remember why I stopped painting them, it's a chore, for some reason the metals in particular make me want to kill myself. Anyway here is the one who is the most complete:

The focus with this army was always to make them as good as I could which means I spend a lot more time on them than I have done on the Mino's which I am more concentrated on making "good" rather than as good I can make them. Basically the difference is that on the CF I edge highlight, on the Minos I don't. I now remember why.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode