The Ashgallow Nomads - Imperial Guard Necromundan Ash Waste guerrilla - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

It's been years since I added much to my ash waste nomad AM / IG army, however today I received a little packet containing a bunch of pikes for Macedonian of Greek ancient figures, excellent to build the hunting lances for my 'rough riders' on bikes! So I started and finished this very first - but very awesome! - rough rider. This model is converted using parts of perhaps 4 different companies :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-04-15, 07:24 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-04-15, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

And a second rough rider ready! I dub thee 'Uglyfuck' :-)

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Third rough rider is ready!

And then there were three!

post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 09:28 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare View Post

reminds me a bit of mad max, looks awesome !
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
reminds me a bit of mad max, looks awesome !
Yeah, thanks :-) I am hugely inspired by postnuclear themes in this one, Mad Max mirrors it perfectly indeed! But the thanks go to the original Necromunda fluff, all these 'troops' are ash waste nomads from the desolated areas in between the Necromunda hive cities. I even use the nomad gang rules for army composition (little to no commissars, ash waste priests however are allowed, all troops have rebreathers of some kinds, all infantry have camo capes, long rifles but no flamers, only a few heavy support vehicles like scavenged tanks...)

I wonder however if I might one day also make these troops somewhat competitive again. They do allright against other horde armies like orks, but a recent game against Necrons just blew them away with little effort...

Last edited by Mare; 07-06-15 at 10:11 AM.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-16, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

It's been six months or more since I placed something on this blog - since I had something to place.

But now, I have been 'baptized' in the use of AM formations, of which I knew nothing before, being a 7th ed virgin...

This has allowed me to do what I wanted to do with my Nomad army, namely taking more Fast Attack options. 2 sentinel and 1 rough rider squads had depleted my FA slots, With the sentinels in a recon formation, I could finally add my take on Taurus and Taurus Venators (see the drop troop list for it's rules).

So, to bitbox lane, where I scavenged a German WW2 halftrack and 'rustified' it after major conversions.

Not that this is only the base colour. More to follow (one day).

And the new army list! I purposely chose to first limit it to a 1000 points, because they all need a whole lot of paint and attention.

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-16, 11:13 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Looks great all around. Viewing the list the only thing that got to me was the plasmaguns which I felt to be alittle to high-tech for some nomads to have around. But then again keeping them rare is a way around that.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-16, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Looks great all around. Viewing the list the only thing that got to me was the plasmaguns which I felt to be alittle to high-tech for some nomads to have around. But then again keeping them rare is a way around that.
Thanks! But as this is Necromunda extrapolated to 40K: Nomads have access to plasma guns, they just can't have flamers, alas. The 'Nomad grenadiers' are these models, which I have had since 25 years now: http://theionage.com/products/ib05-retained-esquires. I see them as the pooled 'special forces', with the best weapons and armour. I also see it as OK to give melta and plasma weapons to company HQ/platoon HQ/special weapon squads as family or clan heirlooms and status symbols of powerful warlords.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-16, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Actually, the list was incorrect! This one is correct. They have a total of three plasma guns, with the veteran grenadiers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode