Calaman's Green Wave - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Calaman's Flag is: Germany

Default Calaman's Green Wave

Hello and welcome!
After registering last week, I'm going to share my main army building project with you - my green horde.

When I first started playing 40K, I chose the Eldar but I never really got satisfied with them. It was not the playstyle I disliked, but I did not find a colour-scheme I liked. After I had removed the paint for the 4th time and wanted to start repainting them for the 5th time, I did 2-3 games against the Orks...and was totally fascinated from the green horde. The strange weapons with their rules that either makes your opponent or yourself cry (I think, this is the only way, the SAG works ), the funny models...summing up: I sold my 2500 points of unpainted Eldar and started Orks.

In the meantime, I have approximately 3000 points of Orks here at home and they are getting more and more. I will add more and more pictures during the next days....

When I first thought about how to paint my orks, I stumbled over the pictures of the Bad Moons. I liked the yellow - a colour I did not ever tried before during my years playing Warhammer Fantasy or Lord of the Rings. But what I did not like was the fact, that the armour and every yellow part was so shiny and clean - in my eyes that does not fit the "Ork-Style". So I tried to make the models look more rust and dirty. I hope you like it.

Just to get an overview - this was the army I played on the last tournament - became 23rd of 50 participants with 0:20 (Marines with 3 LR and 2x5 Terminators), 12:8 (SW/IA) and 18:2 (CSM)

Last edited by Calaman; 06-19-13 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

HQ-Models

For today, I will just add the photo of my Waaghboss in Mega Armour.

I am not sure why, but I do not really like the model of Ghazzi. He looks like a big monkey in armour and I am not willing to pay more than 30€ (price here in Germany) for a single Finecast-Model. So I thought about alternatives and came to the idea of converting a Terminator-Model to a Waaghboss. And what may be more suitable than the idea that a big Ork-Boss who defeated a Chaos-General was so impressed by the shiny armour of his opponent that he told his Mek to construct and adapt the armour in a way that it would fit him. (OK, also, I am not the most gifted person when it comes to working with green stuff or plasticard).

OK, another photo - here is my "normal" Waaghboss and the personal BigMek of the clan with the KFF.

These were two of my first ork models and I was very satisfied with them. No conversion but they really do fit the colour-scheme I chose for my orks.

Last edited by Calaman; 06-17-13 at 08:34 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Elites

Here are my Meganobz. After I converted the Chaos General to my Waaghboss I thougt about how to make Meganobz. Then I came up with the idea that in a clan where the Biggest Orc wears a "shiny armour", the Nobz want also have their own one. But painting all with the same colour was too boring (and I wanted to make an offence to my opponents, so I chose another colour for each of the nobz).
The CSM-player I played against during the tournament called them "Teletubbies" and laughed about them...until they ripped apart (together with the HQ-Model) 2 units of Plague Marines and 2 units of Havocs...

Last edited by Calaman; 06-19-13 at 07:01 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Standard

So, here is my first standard troop - 20 Slugga Boyz including a Boss with PK and BP. I either let them run or put them into a Battlewagon to support my Meganobz. They are the models from the BR-Box with an additional Nob.

Just more Boyz - Shoota Boyz

Last edited by Calaman; 06-19-13 at 07:02 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Fast Attack

Here is my first Dakka Jet - as soon as the package arrives, I will have a second one. I love it - it has never failed a match...First, I was not satisfied with the painting, as the washes were to "shiny" but right now, I think it is OK. (was the first model where I used the new Citadel Paints and I must say - I like the old washes more...nothing is better than Devland Mud ;))

Last edited by Calaman; 06-19-13 at 06:47 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Heavy Support

My Battlewagons. At the moment, I have just two but I am thinking about gettint 1-2 more...I am not sure in what direction my Waagh should move as I am not a friend of moving 150 Boyz over the table. But on the other hand, BW get so easily destroyed...

And here are my Killakanz ...I loved them and they were one of the reasons why I started playing Orks. Hope they will improve with the next codex so that I can play them once more. Now, there are better things than them for the point cost. (I do not find the photo of my other ones at the moment)

Last edited by Calaman; 06-19-13 at 06:51 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 09:14 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Looking good so far! I look forward to seeing more of your Orks

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 11:44 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice conversion of your warboss and the colours you have got are great. The yellow doesnt glare out on them and is a good shade and really makes the models look good. Can't wait to see more

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 08:00 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

So, I added more pics...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
army project , ork

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode