Swedes Blog of starting and abruptly ending random projects. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 280 (permalink) Old 07-18-13, 07:26 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

The cockpit is looking really great! My main problem with your army so far, however, is that while your metal colours tend to be quite subdued, the colours you've used for the scout and Sgt. Telion are generally quite bright, I just worry that when placed together as an army they might lack a sense of uniformity, which is particularly problematic as Space Marine armies tend to look very coherent in terms of colour choice. Otherwise thought they're looking pretty good, nice work.

Praise the sun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 280 (permalink) Old 07-18-13, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat_tree View Post
The cockpit is looking really great! My main problem with your army so far, however, is that while your metal colours tend to be quite subdued, the colours you've used for the scout and Sgt. Telion are generally quite bright, I just worry that when placed together as an army they might lack a sense of uniformity, which is particularly problematic as Space Marine armies tend to look very coherent in terms of colour choice. Otherwise thought they're looking pretty good, nice work.
I understand the concern and i tend to agree however, Since they are scouts I had to find a way to give them clothing without taking away from the army. this means that all pieces of metal armor on all my marines (Scouts-tactical-assault) are all metallic. Unless i gave them silver or even white cloth it would clash. but since they are scouts they are not full battle brothers yet, and as such their distinct uniform (Cloth) marked them out as different from the full battle brothers. Maybe i went a bit far on the cammo cloaks. As for Sgt Telion, He is an Ultramarines Scout Sergeant. He will wear his blue Armour no matter what.as he is a Proud Son of Guilliman. His cloth parts however would be more acceptable to change out and thus tie into the rest of the army.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #23 of 280 (permalink) Old 07-19-13, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Finally a bit of an update. On two fronts actually. First ive been working on the scouts and stormtalon. painting on the scouts and building on the storm talon.

Also have been able to get the stormtalon weapons magnetized. My first real success in attempting to magnetize any of my minis

And finally been working on putting together some terrain for some local games as well as a fortificaton.

I have to say that this model is Huge. I never really appreciated the scale of model that this actually is..

This bit right here is rather cleverly done by GW (for once) The Marco cannon actually first on top of the Vortex missle launcher which allows you to use either configuration without taking extra steps such as magnetizing.

There is alot of work still left to be done on this and the other terrain pieces. Luckily i have lots of milliput which is going to be filling alot of gaps and will possibly also used to sculpt some detail. We will see what ends up happening since i dont have much time to get terrain done. One thing worth noting on the Aquila is that its actually a very poorly put together model. I know most models have gap issues and small blemishes but with a building this massive I would hope the pieces fit together a little bit better. Not the case. Either way this is allowing me some additional creative freedom and i will utilize it to the best of my ability. I have a long painting session coming up tonight so i will post up whatever i manage to get tone tonight.

post #24 of 280 (permalink) Old 07-29-13, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

SO finally after a few weeks without an update i have one.
The scenery below is going to be used in an Upcoming Apoc game the 10th of Aug. (I might be doing a battle report but im not 100% on that yet.) its been 3 weeks of putting things together for about 30 minutes per night which is why its taken so long. But now im just adding final details to some areas then going to hit t with the primer and get them painted up.

Also managed to finish up this month painting challenge entry (Sgt Telion and Scout Squad). They took me much longer than i would have liked.

Finally as far as Pictures go I have this guy. Librarian Alasain D'var. Escalation League Warlord and so far so good. I will hiopefully have him painted by this friday for the next league match.

Various other projects include two predators and a whirlwind. on predator is magnetized and base coated the other is still not even out of the box.

post #25 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

So here we go time for a few new updates on how the Ebon fists have been progressing. First up: Librarian!

Hes been really fun to work on but he is getting close to being finished. I need to figure out a decent basing scheme for him but otherwise everything is only touch ups at this point and some fine detail work. Onto my terminators

These guys have been a WIP for the last few weeks as i got them for my escalation league (that im now standing 3:1 in) and ive always enjoyed painting terminators. Heres the full squad so far:

And finally for the Vehcle work for the week my Landraider WIP is still progressing. Ive started doing some GS on the sides which i am hoping to replicate on the other side basically i plan on them being flames (for a possible conversion into a Chaos Landraider or even Legion of Damned in the future. Mind you my GS abilities sucks so any comments or suggestions are welcomed.)

Finally a little surprise for a few of you. I have recently picked up a Chaos space marines codex and im slowly but surely getting around to building an army around this. The army will be based around Lucius the eternal (or other character using his rules basically) and here what i Have so far.

That is it for now. Hope i can update all of you more soon.

post #26 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 02:31 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

This is some damn fine work right here, Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
So here we go time for a few new updates on how the Ebon fists have been progressing. First up: Librarian!

Hes been really fun to work on but he is getting close to being finished. I need to figure out a decent basing scheme for him but otherwise everything is only touch ups at this point and some fine detail work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #27 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 05:44 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Nice looking paint job...I really hate the look of the Libby in Terminator armor though.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #28 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 07:17 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Yeah, the libby is excellent. +rep.

On the rest, I think you have the lightning on the TS and elsewhere a bit too thick. A dark wash over it and then as fine a white line as you can make might fix it.
post #29 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It's not supposed to be lightning but I like the idea. How do you think drake hog nightshade would work?

post #30 of 280 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 09:12 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
How do you think drake hog nightshade would work?
It's the only blue shade they have, so it should do the job.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
imperial fists , modelling , painting , space marines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode