Mashes by the Masses! Never Ending Plog! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Default Mashes by the Masses! Never Ending Plog!

Alright so I am confusing myself with all my project logs for individual Armies so I have decided to screw searching for different threads to update each one with what I have done. Instead I am just going to have one thread and toss everything in it!

What I will have in this log:

My Ork army that is kind of being dabbled in here and there. (trying to sell it so it may not be around for too long )

My Chaos Army Which never ends! I love these guys no matter how crappy their codex is.

My Dark Angels which primarily focus on Terminators and maybe dabble in other stuff if I wish.

My Eldar which primarily focus on Wraith Guard and just little bits here and there to fill in the gaps.

I will also toss up links to my Weekly Missions page. My friends and I enjoy mashing scenarios and mission types and adding a little something extra to them to keep us always on our toes.

Ill also link to any tutorials on how I did any of my stuff to possibly inspire others to better anything I have done or take things to the next level!

I also love the Painting and Converting challenges as well as the Army Painting Challenge here on Heresy so I have started to go in on those so I will have all my progress shots up here and try and keep them as up-to-date as possible. (They can be found here: Click Me for Redirect!

So with this first post I decided to show what I did Last Month for the Conversion Contest and the Painting Challenge:

I Converted up a Belial Counts as out of SM, GK, and DW Terminators:

Here he is on an angle:

Here he is Facing Forward:

AND.... Here is painted up:

I had to change out weapon and shield because I screwed up on the originals and they are sitting in simple green so I can re-do them.

Here is the Voting Page for the Conversion Contest Feel free to check out what everyone else has submitted and feel free to vote for what you like!

For this month I have the Army Painting Challenge as well as the Painting Death Match... Sooo I have decided to do the same squad of 5 Terminators for both:

Thanks for looking! This is going to be a Busy Year for my Hobby with all the tournaments I am travelling to and with the Wife wanting to play so I will try my very best to update as often as possible and with as many pics as possible! (because we all know we would rather stare at shiny pictures then read a boat load of text)!!!

So that's it for now! More updates to come!
Chaosftw

Last edited by Chaosftw; 06-11-13 at 09:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:14 PM

VanAlberict's Flag is: USA

mmmmm those colors
:D happy to see more of your work

~- Van
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:49 PM

LegionThree's Flag is: USA

Squad looks nice, I look forward to seeing the entire squad painted. What happened to his other shield though? The one made from a drop pod bit?

"Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."

Cron Old Guard https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=110166

Blood for Blood - The Angels Vermillion https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=116834

Last edited by LegionThree; 06-03-13 at 11:51 PM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
U Mad Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanAlberict View Post
mmmmm those colors
:D happy to see more of your work
Thanks! I have lots on the table so I am hoping to pump out a lot over the next few months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionThree View Post
Squad looks nice, I look forward to seeing the entire squad painted. What happened to his other shield though? The one made from a drop pod bit?
The Shield and the original Hammer got mucked up. The primer did not set well and then I tried to paint over it anyway and it came out like crap. The bits are sitting in Simple Green and once the paint is nice and loose I will strip it off and start again.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
U Mad Bro?

Side note.... Wife picked up my goodies that I put on her shopping list for today!

Tada!:
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 01:20 AM

VanAlberict's Flag is: USA

always thought someone should do a "Bleach"-esq hollow army with the eldar... never had the interest or skills to do it myself

~- Van
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 01:57 AM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

This is awesome, looking forward to seeing those eldar painted up, what colors are you going to do them?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
U Mad Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanAlberict View Post
always thought someone should do a "Bleach"-esq hollow army with the eldar... never had the interest or skills to do it myself
I have a scheme in mind already. But I could see that looking pretty good if it was executed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troybuckle View Post
This is awesome, looking forward to seeing those eldar painted up, what colors are you going to do them?
The plan is to go with Orange instead of the standard Yellow body. I will keep the heads White and the markings will be yellow. I have not decided on a color for the tabards just yet. Its not for sure but that's kind of what has been in my head for some time and I would like to try and execute it.

On another note got a little bit done on my squad for the month. I got them primed, washed and got the first color on the armor for the most part I also started to get the thunder hammers started. I had to stop to watch the Miami Heat game.

Here are some snaps:

That's it for tonight.
Chaosftw
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 04:39 AM

LegionThree's Flag is: USA

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the paint. Good luck getting them back in action. On another note the rest of the squad looks really good, I like that green.

"Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."

Cron Old Guard https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=110166

Blood for Blood - The Angels Vermillion https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=116834

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
U Mad Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionThree View Post
Sorry to hear about the trouble with the paint. Good luck getting them back in action. On another note the rest of the squad looks really good, I like that green.
Meh its no big deal, the odd time GW primer just kind of craps out. Ya they are coming along. I am happy with the way they are looking.

I wish I could do more but I don't use an air brush. I am really thinking about purchasing one sooner then later.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode