After coming back into the hobby last year, I have been slowly working to paint up a backlog of figures that I have owned for ages and some new ones I have picked up.
I currently run two armies, my Servants of the Laughing God
a Harlequin themed Eldar Army and the First Eastern Mirage Corp
my DIY vanilla space marine chapter.
I try to keep my army links updated, but I thought I could gather all my work into one place to chart my progress and work over time so I figured it was time to start a project log.
I have a goal for this next year of painting to finish the full 5th company of the FEMC, but that might get derailed when the new Eldar codex comes out (if there are any Harlequin goodies at least).
The first handful of posts in this thread are going to be older works, but everything shown here has been done since I re-started at the tail end of last year. (I apologize for the quality of some of the early pics).
First up, I wanted to get enough of my harlequins up and painted to be able to play in a few events at the local GW. So I dusted off my old paints and a few models just to prove to myself that I still had a decent painter's touch.
To field a legal army i needed to get a few counts as units together and so I put together a Dark Reaper troupe using Death Jesters.
So I painted up two that I had just to make sure I could paint, nothing fancy mostly just making sure I could remember how to wash and drybrush:
Then I painted my Maugan-Ra that I had originally bought way back in the day to be my lead Death Jester:
Finally, I finished off the unit of Harlequin Bikers that I had just never gotten around to painting:
That was my first couple of days back into the hobby after a long hiatus.