I am the Evil Project Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Default I am the Evil Project Log

After coming back into the hobby last year, I have been slowly working to paint up a backlog of figures that I have owned for ages and some new ones I have picked up.

I currently run two armies, my Servants of the Laughing God a Harlequin themed Eldar Army and the First Eastern Mirage Corp my DIY vanilla space marine chapter.

I try to keep my army links updated, but I thought I could gather all my work into one place to chart my progress and work over time so I figured it was time to start a project log.

I have a goal for this next year of painting to finish the full 5th company of the FEMC, but that might get derailed when the new Eldar codex comes out (if there are any Harlequin goodies at least).

The first handful of posts in this thread are going to be older works, but everything shown here has been done since I re-started at the tail end of last year. (I apologize for the quality of some of the early pics).

First up, I wanted to get enough of my harlequins up and painted to be able to play in a few events at the local GW. So I dusted off my old paints and a few models just to prove to myself that I still had a decent painter's touch.

To field a legal army i needed to get a few counts as units together and so I put together a Dark Reaper troupe using Death Jesters.

So I painted up two that I had just to make sure I could paint, nothing fancy mostly just making sure I could remember how to wash and drybrush:

Then I painted my Maugan-Ra that I had originally bought way back in the day to be my lead Death Jester:

Finally, I finished off the unit of Harlequin Bikers that I had just never gotten around to painting:

That was my first couple of days back into the hobby after a long hiatus.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Charting my work, there are a handful of individual harlequins that I don't have individual pictures of that I needed to round out my force. After playing for a while, I decided I needed to add another basic troop to my army (I started with just the bikes and a storm guardian blob). For this unit I wanted to put together some Rangers, so out came my bits box, my greenstuff, and a handful of metal harlies:

The results is what I call my Power Rangers:

I still want to put another 5 together so I can field a full squad, but that is a project for another time.

Now I wanted to add some units that I did not own, so I hit up eBay and bought 3 Vypers and a Wraithlord. I wanted to customize these units to really show off the Harlequin aesthetic. To do this I picked up some Resin and some items for making basic molds. I used one of my bikes to create a Harlequin face mold and then added it to the Vyper canopy. The result is a Harlie Vyper, a little greenstuff on the gunner to give him a smiling mask and here is the result:

About this time we hit the end of the year and I played the Servants throughout January and February. At the start of the new year the local GW hosted a "New Years Resolution " event that culminated in a 1000pt tourney at the end. So I decided to pick up my languishing Space Marine chapter that I had assembled, but had only painted the command squad and some tac marines. Which leads to the next chapter in my painting.

post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

The Marines:

To get to 1000pts I needed to paint 2 tac squad, their Razorbacks, a Librarian, and a Bike Squad. (I had also planned on getting 2 Speeders done, but it was not to be...so I had to pad my list by upping the Libby and using my old Techmarine...which was the only original painted model I used).

First up I really wanted to do a custom librarian, so I found a tutorial to make a quad runner and took a hacksaw to my metal librarian. Which led to one of the favorite models in my collection.

I finished him with plenty of time to spare, and then procrastinated badly. Finding myself three days out from the tourney I had a crapload of figures to paint. Several frantic days of painting turned this:

Into this army:

Since the event I started to paint my Speeders, but this as far as I have gotten...need to finish this puppy up:

I recently finished up a min sized Devastator Squad:

and spent some time touching up my Command Squad, so they fit with my overall army aesthetic:

post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

The Captain:

So I wanted to have two models for the fifth company captain. One on foot to run with the Command squad and one on a bike to run with the Libby and the troops. So I have put together my kit-bash for the Bike version and plan on getting some paint on him this month:

and tonight I finished up the foot model:

If you are wondering why his armor is white, my marines are a White Scar successor chapter and the captains wear white to honor their progenitors (plus I thought it would look cool on the battlefield)

Here he is with his command squad:

And now we are all caught up...more to come

post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 09:29 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

+rep for all the old school models, like the land speeder and MK1 razorbacks.
post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Problem I am having now is that I want 2 more MkI razorbacks to finish out the 5th company and I can't seem to win any of the eBay auctions for them (at what I consider a reasonable price)

I have a full squad of the old metal landspeeders, what I would love to get my hands on is the even older land speeder model...but I haven't seen one of those on eBay yet.

post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 06:33 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah really like the paint scheme and loving the old school stuff!

I remember the speeder that predates your ones, they didn't have any protection on the marines legs right?

I'll have to check my old school collection and see if I have any razor backs for you
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Decided that if my Captain was going to be my stand in for Kor'sarro Khan, the master of the hunt, that his Moondraken was lacking...so I spruced it up. Adorning it with the 21 skulls of the first kills that marked each new master of the hunt.

A little over the top and perhaps a bit Chaos-y, but I like it. Now i just need to paint it.

post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Working on a unit of mime-style storm guardians from some of my old harlequins. They will be black with white gloves and masks and metal highlights. Pretty simple I hope and they will look startly different from my normal harlequin squads:

post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 01:25 PM
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

Cool stuff! Really like the jetbikes and viper!
Nice work on the conversions!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode