The First Company of the Minotaurs. The High Lord's Fell Hand. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default The First Company of the Minotaurs. The High Lord's Fell Hand.

"The bronze bulls we called them: The Minotaurs, Attack Dogs of the High Lords. To fight against the Astartes was terrifying but in the end they became just another target a well-armored and deadly target but a target nonetheless. It was to stand alongside them that nearly broke me. Iím not ashamed to say that seeing my men butchered in front of my eyes is something I will never shake, no matter how hard I try and to see it done by an ally who is supposed to be on your sideÖ They cared nothing for us, feeding us into the enemy guns the same as the Tyrant with his auxiliaries. We were antís in the service of contemptuous gods and they would sacrifice a thousand, ten thousand of us before one of them would fall."

Testimony of Sergeant Tarek Jasker - Instructor: Schola Progenium, formally of the 487th Storm Trooper Regiment "The Black Rats"

For the painting challenge this year I'm going to be doing Minotaurs, the fell right hands of the High Lords. When they want a rule enforced bad its the Minos who get the job. Rather than doing full TDA I am going to be a 2/3rd 1/3rd mix of TDA/PA just to save my sanity and make it a bit more interesting.

A HUGE shoutout to Bits and Kits to start with he's very kindly provided me with a whole shitload of MK8 torsos some of which from his personal collection so I am very grateful to him for that, not to mention that a lot of other bits on these guys have some from him. Fantastic chap and one of the Techmarines is going to be named after him, seems only fitting.

So a very brief rundown of the force to come:

Bought:

55 terminators
10 command squad members
15 VV
15 SG
25 Scout with 3 Storms
6 Scout bikers
2 Dreads
1 Storm Talon
2 Captains
2 Libbys
1 Chaplin
Asteron Moloc
Evanus Inkomi
MOF on bike
2 Techmarines

Still to buy:
1 Storm Talon (Using the Dark Talon model)
1 either Storm Eagle or Ceastus
6 Drop Pods
1 Dread (FW Minotaur Contemptor)
1 FW Mino Special Character
IA12
1 LSS
3-6 bikers

This is my currently painted force: (Sorry for the crap pics, I will get better ones in the coming days)

That SG squad needs rebasing and the base needs finishing on the DT. So as you can see its not a legal army quite yet, still need a HQ, hopefully get that done this month. This months Army Painting challenge entry will be these gentlemen:

First Company Vets in TDA made from current edition plastic torsos and previous edition plastic legs. I have a few of the older kits so I'm trying to spread out the parts so they won't be as noticeable. Also this month I will be trying to do the following as well:

Another 5 TDA Vets

My first HQ - a Minotaurs version of Sicarius (magntised to have other options as well)- he's not going to be 1st Company Captain, thats somebody else... no real surprises on who though.

Also another 5 Tactical marines whose picture has gone missing. Will show progress on them all tomorrow.

Last edited by Jacobite; 11-29-13 at 03:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 01:48 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

I absolutely love the bronze you gave to those marines, very subtle and well done! Can't wait to see more!
post #3 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 01:23 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

ooh.... that is a wicked bronze colour you have there. I can't wait to see the th/ss termies with some paint on those rounded shields look pretty cool already. Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "

post #4 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Cheers guys, I'm really hoping I can continue getting that bronze and don't balls it up! Glad you like the shields barwn, they were a pain in the ass to figure out! I am also gagging to see them finished, still deciding whether to make them bronze or red. Thoughts?

Unfortunately there was no painting done yesterday due to spending a couple of hours trying to fix my PS3 and dealing with Mr Tax man, today however after spending an hour freezing my tits off at the ocean I'll crack on and try and get some more paint splashed around. Currently all bar 3 of the TH/SS termies have had their verdigris applied and the shooty termies have their bronze finished bar the final wash and the red portions blocked out.
post #5 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 10:52 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

That is some great fucking painting there the bronze is beautiful, I love them scouts and the Stern guard +rep

post #6 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 04:52 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

looking really good so far. What's with teh chaos marine back pack on your captain? (sorry, I know little of the minotours' background)

Rev
post #7 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
That is some great fucking painting there the bronze is beautiful, I love them scouts and the Stern guard +rep
Thanks Oldman. I'll try and get some better pictures of them up tomorrow when the weather improves and the light is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
looking really good so far. What's with teh chaos marine back pack on your captain? (sorry, I know little of the minotours' background)

Rev
Cheers Rev. I put some Chaos Marine parts through the force simply because I had them, I didn't have enough normal Marine parts and also because as I see them they aren't really "Chaos Marine" only equipment unless they have the chaos star on them, tenticles etc That particular backpack is, to me anyway, an old school version of the MK3 backpack or a variant of it. Basically I put it in there as old tech to add variety.

The Minotaurs are the Enforcers of the High Lords of Terra, when they want something done that would be politically tricky for anybody else they call the Minotaurs - so far the bronze boys have taken down or severally damaged at least 3 other SM chapters (Interceptors, Doom Warriors - took these two on at the same time and bitch slapped the hell outa them and of course the Lamenters during the Badab War). The UM's and their successors despise them because after the Euxcine Incident, the aforementioned rodgering of the Interceptors and Doom Warriors, old Marneus "I'm a twat bag" Calgar felt they over did it (most likely he was all embarrassed that a UM second founding chapter e.g. the Interceptors had had their ass handed to them) and the Minotaurs, instead of getting down on their knees and begging forgiveness told Marnus Calgar to fuck off and that if he had a problem with it then to come and have a go. Marneus declined like the little bitch he is.

They excel at shock assaults, care litte for colateral damage and very rarely deploy as anything less than a full chapter. Basically the word "BADASS" sums them up perfectly.

Anyway I'm just about to start painting now and thought I would flick a few pictures up.

Shooty Terminators:

Captain:

More pics tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited by Jacobite; 06-30-13 at 07:09 AM.
post #8 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 10:01 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Nice work mate, lovin' the Bronze.
post #9 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 10:37 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Cool work on the bronze! Btw, with your fluff description of the chapter..I was really thinking about Angry Marines...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #10 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 04:25 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

The oxidation effect you put on the Captain and some of the Terminators is fantastic! What are you planning to do with the matte red parts? Add some sheen or keep them as is?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode