The First Company of the Minotaurs. The High Lord's Fell Hand. - Page 29 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 320 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Had some spare GS left over from working on "Little Lost Boy" my Penal Legion Ogryn (check my other thread) so I decided to put it to good use:

Tabards for a VV squad:

Removed UM symbols on a TDA Serg:

and sculpting his ass:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 320 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 10:46 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Dat ass!
Work it baby......

Looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #283 of 320 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 08:49 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Hmm. The Termi squad looks great, as usual, but I can't help but notice there's relatively little difference between the red elsewhere and the red of the eyes--any chance you could stick a red ink or something on the eyes to make them seem more like glass/glowing/whatever? Maybe touch them with a tiny orange, yellow or white pip to make a reflection or something. Just an idle thought; they are, of course, your models to do with as you like.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 01-27-14 at 08:55 PM.

post #284 of 320 (permalink) Old 01-28-14, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Hey Mossy, oddly enough, they are inked and have an orange highlight. I guess the brown wash is taking them down too much. Next time I'll see what it looks like without it.
post #285 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Been a while since I've done on anything on the Bronze Bulls, got a bit of a fatigue, anyway as a way of kick starting my interest and momentum for the project again I've started doing a little Ivanus Enkomi conversion.

Original mini looks like this (obviously):

I like the mini, it's actually one of the reasons I started Minotaurs but... and there is always a but... I'm a compulsive tinkerer who can't leave things alone. It's just a little pose changing, I'm not touching the details, they are fecking awesome. Also going to give him a jump pack and that means doing something about the cloak seeing it is attached to the backpack (really badly I might add). Might make it magnitised so I can switch to a back pack if need be though, we will see how we go.

So lets begin:

First thing is first, got to cut that weapon haft up:

So that I can do this:

That's right he will be holding the Crozus in one hand and the PF will be pointing somewhere... that necessitates this:

Zee removal of the pointing finger (which I was shitting myself all the way through), you can also see in some of those the beginings of the replacement finger made from plasti card. I've also repositioned the elbow, replacing the original with one from a SW sword arm.

Just waiting for the finger joints to dry solidly before I do some very careful cutting, it's so small I figured it'd be easier to do it once it was glued. Hopefully it turns out ok and I didn't just ruin an awesome mini!
post #286 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Busy night between this and my Sanguinor conversion (see my other thread) both have some serious challenges. Anyway here is tonight's progress:

Basic finger jointy stuff:

Needed to shape the fingers a bit (and still do) but this is what he currently looks like:

As you can see I've added some bling to his jump pack and at the moment it's looking like he won't be having a cloak, it's too hard to add to the jump pack. Will magnitise the pack instead though so when I buy another Enkomi cloak (used this guys one on my Lamy Libby pictures are floating around somewhere) I can give him that if need be.

Time to crash now!
post #287 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 03:21 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Can not WAIT to see that conversion completed. Looks friggin' awesome so far!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #288 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 05:50 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Looking good so far. I'm hoping you keep the length of the crozius because I think it's one of the best parts of Enkomi.

And as for capes, Edna Mode said it best.

Can you imagine how often he'd have to replace it if it were attached to his jump pack? It would get caught on takeoffs and landings, not to mention burned by the jump jets. He'd have a giant burned section all through the middle . . . like he was a flatulent Salamander.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 03-29-14 at 05:52 PM.
post #289 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Can not WAIT to see that conversion completed. Looks friggin' awesome so far!
Thanks @ntaw , fingers crossed I don't fuck it up at the final hurdle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Looking good so far. I'm hoping you keep the length of the crozius because I think it's one of the best parts of Enkomi.

And as for capes, Edna Mode said it best.

Can you imagine how often he'd have to replace it if it were attached to his jump pack? It would get caught on takeoffs and landings, not to mention burned by the jump jets. He'd have a giant burned section all through the middle . . . like he was a flatulent Salamander.
The Crozus will be a little shorter I'm afraid, it'd be a bit of a stretch of my abilities to sculpt the handle that was under the PF. I was going to keep it in the PF hand and have a BP in the other hand... but despite the mini have one holstered on his hip.... he doesn't actually have one in the rules. Because that makes perfect sense.

That sums up my feelings toward the cap entirely! And because it'd make the painting of the mini hard if I was to sculpt a tattered cap on him I'm not going to bother, jump pack with no cape it is and when I get round to buying another one of his backpacks and capes then he will have one for when he doesn't need the JP.
post #290 of 320 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

I'll try and get some better pictures tomorrow but here he is, crozus arm is held on by blue tac, as his hand on the same arm (and the jump pack), makes life easier painting:

And you know... the base isn't complete either but yeah.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode