Blood and Snow - The Reverend's Space Wolves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Blood and Snow - The Reverend's Space Wolves

Hey guys!

So this is my second Space Wolves project log. The first lost all it's photos due to a glitch and frankly I can't be bothered to go through 3 years worth of posts and replace them all, so I started this new one.

I currently have around 10,000 points of Scouring-era Space Wolves. They started off as 40k Wolves but I've added a lot of Heresy-era stuff so it's a bit of a mix... hence the Scouring-era (31st millenium) background.

I'll post up some pics of the rest of the army as I take them but for now I'll pic up where I left off, here are some pics of the Sky Claws I've just finished. I have a Wolf Guard and a Rune Priest with jump packs too.

IMG_5245_1200x900.jpg

IMG_5246_1200x900.jpg

IMG_5247_1200x900.jpg

IMG_5248_1200x900.jpg

Comments welcome

Rev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 07:48 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice Assault marines, I like them since they are space wolfy but no ODing on all teh fur and fangs etc. Really really like the marine on the first pic on one knee just looks really badass! Cracking stuff as usual :D

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 07:55 PM

LegionThree's Flag is: USA

Those are epic but they should have been death company with that color scheme. Your blood splatter on them is really impressive.

"Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."

Cron Old Guard https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=110166

Blood for Blood - The Angels Vermillion https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=116834

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Below are some of the pictures of my army, which I took in February at Warhammer World, to show how it's looking at present. Since then I have added these sky claws, finished the terminators in the pictures and added two land speeders:

IMG_4997_1200x900.jpg
My army as it stands pretty much

IMG_4998_1200x900.jpg
Some of my Wolf Guard

IMG_4999_1200x900.jpg
A Lone Wolf standing among a sea of Grey Hunters. I basically kitted him out as if he had taken all the trophies and relic weapons from his brother pack members so he can take them all in to battle each time.

IMG_5000_1200x900.jpg
Another Lone Wolf (I admit that I stole this pose from a mini I saw in White Dwarf 358).

IMG_5001_1200x900.jpg
Wolf Lord and his retinue.

IMG_5002_1200x900.jpg
Mass ranks of the company swarming around the captured Shadowsword. I have added some details to this tank since then. And added another 3 bikes to the Swift Claws.

IMG_5003_1200x900.jpg
My Thunderwolves. The Heresy-era terminators have been finished since this picture was taken too. I have another three Thunderwolves which need painting up (next on the list).

IMG_5004_1200x900.jpg

IMG_5005_1200x900.jpg
So this is my Wolf Lord. He's kitted out with the same weapons as Grimnar so he's quick and easy to use in games. Originally he was Bjorn Stormwolf (hence the company markings), who is described as wearing terminator armour, so is a nice fit. But as this is now a Scouring-era army I need to find another name for him (maybe Kyrl Grimblood, mentioned in the 2nd Ed codex as being around in the 31st millenium...)

IMG_5006_1200x900.jpg
This is a converted Ragnar Blackmane (which I have shown elsewhere in the past). I'm planning on doing another using the fine cast Gabriel Seth in the near future.

Rev
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 12:04 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Good to see a family portrait. Fantastic as always.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 12:26 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Gorgeous looking pack there Reverend, that wolf lord is beautiful, I love the purple on the cloak, what colors did you use? And a little rep of course!

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Thans again guys.

Oldman, I still have tons of old skool GW paints so the colours may not be relevent. For my purples I work up from Liche Purple to Tenticle Pink, then apply a Badab Black wash to provide shade, then a coat of Leviathan Purple wash to bring all the purples together and provide a smooth transition.

Hope that helps.

Rev
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Ok, one of my plans is to go back and retro-fit details to the Wolves I've already painted. There's loads of things that have changed in my painting techniques since I started the army and I want to bring them all together. The bases do this on the whole, but the addition of blood and battle damage will also make them look more unified.

Today I have been adding blood to the chainswords of a squad of Blood Claws, and using a darker wash on thier faces to pick out the details.
IMG_5249_1200x900.jpg
IMG_5250_1200x900.jpg
IMG_5251_1200x900.jpg

I have also finished sticking together my Sciuring-era Long Fangs. I don't have a particular love for either Mk3 or Mk4 armour (loving the Mk5 though) but I brought a set of each, plus those awesome looking heavy bolters from FW, and mixed them up with some Space Wolf pieces.

As I've said previously, I don't really like back banners as I think they are pretty impractical for a fast moving force that needs the element of surprise and the ability to move in confined spaces. However, I also have the image of a pagan army going in to battle with thier banners and flags propped on a hill behind them. So, adding my banners to my Long Fangs (which don't need either surprise or the ability to move in confined spaces) fits with this image.
IMG_5253_1200x900.jpg

I have also put the finishing touches to my Wolfy conversion of the Games Day 2012 miniature.
IMG_5254_1200x900.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Rev
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 04:37 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Thans again guys.

Oldman, I still have tons of old skool GW paints so the colours may not be relevent. For my purples I work up from Liche Purple to Tenticle Pink, then apply a Badab Black wash to provide shade, then a coat of Leviathan Purple wash to bring all the purples together and provide a smooth transition.

Hope that helps.

Rev
Does indeed I have all them colors, now to apply them hmmmmmm

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 05:15 PM

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

Awesome work. Can't wait till I get to that stage in my army build.

The squad in the first two pics looks very carcharadon-like. Proxy anyone? :D gj

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode