The Legion of Perfects - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default The Legion of Perfects

So after some years I now have a decent sized Chaos Marines army growing.
(NOTE: they all need basing, i'm working on it)

They are the Legion of Perfects, formerly known as the Emperor's Beasts

A stub of the backround is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/75zfw3ik73zb3pf/Emperor%27s%20Wild%20Beasts.pdf
(sorry for my bad english in the document...)

I will begin this project log showing off the personalities of my Taitor Legion. There are many factions inside the belly of this growing force.
Many of those charachters are "native" of the Wild Beasts, while others have come in contact with it due to the lure of Slaanesh or sent by others to watch closely at this recently turned traitor Chapter. Some of them, however, just follow the Legion like vultures, preying on the corpse of the Imperium.

I will begin with the Daemon Prince Nefer'Het.
He was the one that actually sprang the legion doors to Chaos. As former Chapter Master he lived a long and bloodied life, his deed are unnamable, vicious and dripping self contempt.
He has earned himself the favour of Slaanesh and uses his dark aura to lure other Lords and Sorcerers to his path of damnation.

Nefer'Het, a sort of God for the whole Legion,is seldom seen giving orders or commanding battlegroups. He does what he (and his Dark Prince) wants.
The chain of command is then held by the malicious Lord Rakshar.
He was the 10th Company Captain, but his rank rised fast when he ensnared the Daemonette Herald Esh'Voraash. He let the daemon inside him and become a Possessed. His strong force of will, however, makes him (almost) capable of controlling the raw warp energy that inhabit his super-human body. He is a cunning, devious tactician that has learned how to make short travels trough the warp thanks to his daemon and uses this ability to avoid enemy detection and to make some of his choosen troops slip behind enemy lines...

Next: Hymdrax and Malikai the Sorcerors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Malikai is the most powerful Psyker in the Legion, second only to Nefer'Het himself.
The corruption of Chaos took him after three centuries of service as Epistolary. After an ill fated warp probing with his mind, attempting a divination , he finally fell in the grasp of the Dark Powers. Now he is being consumed by Slaanesh. Maikai has not yet sold his soul to the Dark Prince, but eventually will. He is a "trusted" servant of Nefer'Het and always tryes to learn dark secrets from the Daemon Prince.

Another Librarian of the Emperor's Wild Beasts fell to chaos, much due to the wicked influence of Malikai the Arch-Sorceror.
This librarian is now known as Hymdrax. He has gained much power thanks to his allegiance to Chaos. He is not planning to bear the Mark of Slaanesh and still tryies to negotiate with all of the Four Powers. He is a pyromaniac, a sadist and the leader of a small cabal of cultist.

Next: The Overlord and Boograth the Rotting Prince

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

The Overlord is an envoy of the Black Legion. He is following Nefer'Het to get hints on the Daemon Prince plans and to control the Perfects. He has a small force under his command and acts formally as an ally of the main force.

Boograth is a bloated Prince of Nurgle. No one knows why or when it began to stalk the legion of Perfects, it is a secret that Nefer'Het keeps for himself. Boograth acts like a carrion, a corrupted scavenger that follow Nefer'Het everywhere. He thrives in destruction and in spreading his diseases. A small band of followers worship him and obey his orders.

NEXT: i'll show some of the troops. Many Marines are on the painting station right now.
Any comments so far?

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 08:49 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

You have some good stuff, nice alternative models and your background for each character is even cooler. Colour scheme is almost too good very clean very suited to the legion of perfects. Im interested in seeing your troops to see how you carry the colours over nice stuff keep it up

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #5 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Dragblud
When I've some time, i'll begin sharing pictures of the marines squad i've painted years ago
They're somewhat sloppy, but...pink nonetheless!

Quote:
post #6 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Those are the troops of the Legion.
I've painted Squad Castrator, the Pax Slaaneshi and Squad Aestus long ago (6-7 years)

Squad Castrator is a multirole unit, comprised by some of the oldest veterans in the Legion. The Champion, Surbaan, has served under Nefer'Het for almost 2 centuries. They ride onto the Pax Slaaneshi, an old and revered Rhino, whose machine spirit has developed a taste for crushed bones and gory entrails under his tracks.
The squad is often used as a professional Kill Team to harass the enemy rear, hunt down enemy stragglers or to perform crucial explorations. Many "Castrators" show flowers on their shoulder pads and the Pax Slaaneshi is painted with many leafs and multicoloured flowers. This means that the seeds of evil and heresy have bloomed full in their souls.

In Squad Aestus are found,instead, the youngest Battle Brothers, not yet proven worthy of "trust" in the eyes of their Daemon Lord. Due to this, they are daring and savage glory hunters that stalk enemy tanks, monstruos creatures and ill-protected warlords to set ablaze with their meltaguns. The Champion, Hultoraeus, is a clone of Socix, the infamous Havoc Champion.

Unlike their brethren in Squad Castrator and Aestus, who display heretical colours, Squad Cornigerum Dominum still wear the pre-betrayal "hunter beast" camo pattern and codex black and yellow colours. Some of them still display the number 5 on shoulder pads, the number of their former Company. This ostensible discipline and strict mantainance of codex colours should not mislead the observer. They are lost. their souls are long ago slipped in to the lustful embrace of Slaanesh. The Champion Kalaverius has been thrice blessed by Slaanesh for his morbid desecration of the Holy Halo Cathedral, on Zamora Secundis. Their preferred transport is the Rhino called Oculus Terroris. They're entertained by the tortured machine spirit pain shrieks, still sane and loyal to mankind but forced with terrible curses to do Slaanesh's will.

NEXT: Squad Licentia, the Warpflame Cult and the Warp Ghosts (count-as Cultists)

Quote:
post #7 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Real life is really invasive. I'll manage to upload some more pics tonight, but the painting station is covered in dust .

Quote:
post #8 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 10:21 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Loving those slaaneshy marines. The whole force is very impressive, well done. +rep.
post #9 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Thank you sir. And thank to you I just notice i've not taken a complete army picture!!
This is not good, I'll make amend
This is Squad Licentia, a pack of wicked and perverse murders. They have had a long career under Nefer'Het, killing many servants of the imperium, gorging on the innocent's souls. Slaanesh granted them a warp-infused fragment of the tapestry of his own palace, after the annihilation of an entire Schola Progenium, on Zamora Tertius; the squad is using this fragment as a banner, stating their superiority and revelling in the spicy and inebriating scent it exudes.

The Warp Flame Cult is joined by many of the desperate miners and labourers of the burning planet of Zamora Primaris. A life of ignorance, pain, toil and injustice has closed their souls to the Emperor, making these poor bastards easy prey for the lulling words of Hymdrax. The Cultists acts as bodyguards for the Sorceror and give him plenty of souls to sacrifice. Just the promise of a warp spawned paradise of lust, gluttony and pleasure is enough for them. Anything to escape the unbearable burden of the Emperor's heel.

Many of those who dies in the hellish rituals and orgy led by Hymdrax have their souls enslaved by the sorceror. He link the spirits of the dead to phylacteries, creating a small army of weak warp ghosts, that cannot really be destroyed.

(they count as cultists with Mark of tzeentch to represent a weak demonicity. I used them as Lesser daemons, in 5th edition.)

Next I'll be showing the Elites: the Incursio Ani Chosen squad, the Corroded Plague marine squad and the Khornate berzerkers, the Meek's Devourers.

Quote:

Last edited by neferhet; 05-14-13 at 06:43 PM.
post #10 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

So, after a short vacation, I've returned. This time i'll show the Incursio Ani chosen squad and the Futeor Havoc squad.

Some of the models are as old as me and I panted them long time ago , but i'm pretty happy with the chromatic horror they cuase in people!! It's Slaanesh, baby!

Here it is Incursio Ani squad. This elite strike team is vowed to slaanesh and no longer resembles what it once was: a proud and powerful bulwark against darkness. Now, it IS darkness. The squad rides onto the Anal Intruder, the cacophonic rhino, whose machine spirit has been replaced by a Daemonette Musician. (inside the rhino I've put a small mp3 player, so the speaker is actually working. Usually it shouts death metal, doom metal, grindcore and the like, to my adversary distress.)
As former members of Nefer'Het retinue, when he still was a mortal, they are granted acces to the Inner Sanctum Armoury and usually sports a wide range of hi-tech weapons, such as ancient plasmaguns and xeno meltabombs. They are truly skilled with this weapons and many elite enemies have fallen prey of their triggers.

The squad Futeor is comprised by the remnants of many Devastator teams. During the rebellion of the Chapter many cruel infights where reported in the armoury, where knives, maces and fists where used to win the Devastator's squads most wanted prize: the heavy weapons. The traitors won the bloody battle and new Havocs bands were born. Squad Futeor is the most notable as its leader is Brother Socix. This particular Champion has an infamous long history in Imperial Administratum annals as an iconoclast and a rapist. It is also whispered that Fabius Bile himself has something to do with Socix's gene-seed modification. Moreover, he has a clone, Hultoraeus, made for him by a Renegade Magos Biologos on an nameless planet. The purpose of this clone is yet another secret...

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
chaos marines , slaanesh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode