1313th Lignum Iugo Imperial Guard Force - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-13, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Ok, i said to myself i wouldnt post this yet as the competition is still going on over at the blog but i thought to myself no, its a nice model and I enjoyed making it.

So my most recent completed model was Inquisitor Castlegar, sometimes leader of the 1313th.

Firstly apologies for the bad flash picture at the end but thought it worth it to try and show more detail to the model. I quite enjoyed working on this model, as this was the first time i have used the new paints and i must say lahmian medium is my new best friend! The changes themselves were simple enough, with the hand and headswaps, getting the brass etch places proved tricky as it kept dropping off but all said and done it looks great and is a nice solid inquisitor to lead my future armies.

first up here is a picture of the model parts and a parts list:

parts used are:
commander culln body and arms,
new FW Abaddon storm bolter,
GK head,
GK force staff,
GK pads,
brass etch

Overall i am happy with the results and the normal caveat of it looks better in real life applies:

So that is my most recent completed model for the force.
Currently he is entered in the competition on my blog, which was to model and paint a legal character in Terminator armour. details and voting info can be found here:
http://millests.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the...allenge_24.html

please feel free to let me know what you thing of the Inquisitor and please vote

Last edited by millest; 06-24-13 at 09:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Hi Folks,
the The Terminator Armour Open Challenge is now over and its time for the results. First though thanks to all those that entered and to everyone that has voted, your participation is appreciated.

so without further ado here are the results:

As you can see we have a clear winner, that winner with 10 votes is Submission 3 - A Blood Angels Librarian by Guido

Submission 3

http://millests.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the...allenge_20.html

Please see the link above for more details and pictures of the winning entry. Congratulations to all who entered and a massive well done to Guido.

Now all that remains is for me to present Guido with his prize this week.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

so folks after a massive break from the hobby (for which i will forever feel guilty) i am starting to get back on the hobby horse, and have decided to finally clear out some of my unused forgeworld stuff (including some super heavies) to make way for some more massive FW projects to come my way to make me enjoy it a bit more.

I recently had a bit of a hobby mishap where an entire platoons worth of guard which were in the process of being stripped got ruined, somehow they all melted despite me using the normal stuff i use, admittedly they were older plastics so that could have been the cause. that was about a month ago and kind of knocked me wanting to get back going but i think im there now.

I am now looking to restart these guard and potentially revisit my existing models but there is still a question ongoing in my mind. On the shoulders of the models above (i dont know if you can see it) there are brass etch eagles and inquisition =I=s (and variations there of) on the other, in addition to the helmet and chest eagles. i am trying to decide if i should do one of the following three things with them, should i:

start picking them out in the grey/white used on my inquisitor terminator is worth it
leave them green and subdued (and potentially lost)
remove them and have the pads just painted plain green as with the rest of the armour

any thoughts on this progress would be appreciated, hopefully there will be some proper hobby progress soon!

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 02:34 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I'd go through and do the white on the icons personally. Do 5 a day every day for a week and it won't be too painful.

Where had those older (now melted) Guardsmen come from?
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

they were from a couple of boxes i bought from ebay, they came in correct boxes with transfers etc, im now suspecting they may not have being as genuine as they looked ah well, just an excuse to rebuild but better
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 10:41 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Either non genuine or he may have painted them with something odd.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

thats what im thinking, still gives me a chance to rebuild and get some more extreme environment suits in there as well need to order a new FW commander now but at least that means i can get some decent bionics on him now.
cheers
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

well after quite a long break i have started 2014 with a bang, well ok not so much a bang as a wash up i spent the weekend working on this little lot:

this is some of the upcoming resin i have to work on for the latest expansion of my force
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 06:01 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Good Lord. I envy you but at the same time pity you. I hate wroking with resin

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

the models themselves arent too bad, apart from a damaged track on one of the macharius models (which i still have no idea on how im gonna fix as its right at the front) the models are pretty clean and well scrubbed. just a few knocks though that have taken nubbings and a few bits off but they can be stuck back on

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
flyers , forgeworld , guard , imperial , tanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode