The Reever's Ridaz - A Bad Moon Mechanized Mob - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 07:35 AM

VanAlberict's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Thanks for that, same to you with your Nurgle warriors. By the way, what colours/mix did you use to achieve the upper portion of your warriors cloaks?
thanks still need to give them a good wash to darken them up like the champ and banner but been busy
the upper part of the cloaks is rhinox hide then after i wash them with the nuln oil to darken everything i use nurgling green just to hit the high parts of the fur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Wow have I not updated this in quite some time. Well here's a quick update post: nothing has been done since my last update due to increased work hours and I temporarily lost interest in continuing my project. Now with the advent of the new marine 'dex and the desire to build an Iron Lords/Black Templars force it is time to get this going again.

Looking to finish up trukk mob this weekend, and then work on their ride to have finished by the end of the month (as I will really only have a day or two a week to work on anything.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 09:51 AM

Saintspirit's Flag is: Sweden

I like what you've done so far; I am in fact building up some sort of BM-force as well right now (it takes time, but oh well). Keep it up!

My Word Bearers Project
My Tutorials - part 1: Word Bearer
My Tutorials - part 2: Word Bearer Cultist
My Tutorials - part 3: Plaguebearer
My Tutorials - part 4: Plague Marine
Quote:
To make a model into a piece of art, you need to find a model that you like, and a painting scheme that you love.
Quote:
"They are fierce indeed these Kor, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do."

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintspirit View Post
I like what you've done so far; I am in fact building up some sort of BM-force as well right now (it takes time, but oh well). Keep it up!
Thanks, how are you going about the yellow for your own Bad Moons?

And in regards to my last post, about getting the mob done by the end of the weekend; well I did I just wasn't able to update here until today (whoops.)

Now admittedly, finished is a misnomer as I still have to base the group, in addition to either drilling the barrels or at the very least painting them black (I'm still looking for a dremmel or drill that I like and/or isn't head on pants expensive.)

But that aside, heres the other half of the first mob:

Not only the other half, but you can see the first half in the back as well.

For these guys I actually used Ogryn Flesh rather than Devlin Mud. Its having about the same effect on the skin, though does appear to make the guns a bit dirtier which I rather like. The nob actually has a combination of OF and my DIY black ink, both on his skin and on the claw/pole which added a bit of depth. (The way your seeing the pole in the picture is what it looks like in real life, unlike some of the other details I've failed to capture before.)

Next a group shot of all twelve:

Interesting (at least to me) fact, the wash from the original six has faded slightly. When first coated, it looked like sweat/oil and now it looks more like caked on dirt. Pretty cool change and one I am hoping occurs to the newer six (boy is it a challenge to please me huh?)

And finally, a couple shots of the mob broken down into groups of three:

And as you've undoubtedly noticed the trukk in the background of these, yeah thats the next object I'm working on (theres also a pile of bits behind the paint, thats the wagon mob slowly being worked on.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode