Blackadder's Thunderhawk Project - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 321 (permalink) Old 05-28-16, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

Thank you,

The Best Laid Plans

Of mice and men ofttimes go awry. I had intended for this transport to have the capability to disgorge a Rhino but it seems the interior panels have taken up too much clearance

http://i.imgur.com/8aJ8Wju.jpg

Not to worry I have an alternate plan (A cunning plan mayhaps Mr. B?)

http://i.imgur.com/vj7VHrx.jpg

My initial intent was to have clam-shell doors à la C124 and assault ramp to accommodate the width of a slick Rhino but I put that aside until I had a good idea of the interior panels requirements. That project is still on the table.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 321 (permalink) Old 05-30-16, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Inside Out:

Or how not to build an interior.

My ambition has exceeded my good sense as when I started this project I gave little thought to so extravagant an interior. Now I am reaping the benefit of my lack of forethought.

http://i.imgur.com/YmvRf7b.jpg

Fortunately I have ample panels to access the interior for modification and upgrade

BTW the image above shows the basic nascent Space Marine harness device to safe transport to the planet to be modularly installed into the upper gallery rectangular receptacles shown in the background. This would in fact be the whole length of the upper gallery but for my purposes just the front hanger will be seen.

See, I'm not completely crazy................

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
post #263 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-09-16, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

There Is No Joy In Mudville:

No, I've tried quite a few different pigments and airbrush combinations on various scrap and even on the T'hawk itself 'Horrors! ' and I have found nothing I like better than powdered Aluminum and powdered Graphite hand rubbed into Flat Black Primer so after much soul searching I'm committing to Gray Knights colour scheme and an all metal finish to my Hawk.

after about fifteen minutes of of application I feel I made the correct decision, nothing brings out the detail of this model like hand rubbed Aluminium. Note the flat black front and tail still yet to have the aluminum applied.........

http://i.imgur.com/zHWLfsR.jpg

Of course there will be Gray Knights red accents and lots more colours

http://i.imgur.com/278Y6Hz.jpg

But this is the look I am going for so the next time you see this it will be completely pewter hued.

post #264 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-09-16, 11:46 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Looking good sir Adder.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #265 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 02:22 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

I have never even owned powder pigments, but they do intrigue me. Can you wash over them once applied, or only after sealed? Although looking again at that picture, I think they may have sufficient depth just in themselves...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #266 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
I have never even owned powder pigments, but they do intrigue me. Can you wash over them once applied, or only after sealed? Although looking again at that picture, I think they may have sufficient depth just in themselves...
The aluminium powder (it's finely divided metal not a pigment) is worked into the flat primer matte finish and looks like a sheet of metal more so in person than in photographs. after working in the powder and then dry brushing the excess into the recesses between raised panels it give a relief of highlights and shadow similar to washes but more natural to my eye. I haven't found the necessity for shades and washes as yet but I shall do some experimentation when I do the interior. As with my warlord the metallic finish is quite realistic on it's own without the need for shading. (IMHO)

post #267 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-11-16, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Pewter Thunderhawk: (Grey Knights colours still to come.)

Oh Gawd, finally for the first time completely together after six years in the making, my very own scratchbuilt version of the Thunderhawk. At 26 inches long and fully articulated; weapons, wings, and landing gear; it's most gratifying to be able to present this effort.

There are a few production glitches:

All three gears need to be lock indexed to keep from swiveling.

The rear shock struts need to be spring loaded to take the weight without collapsing.

The rear floor of the forward cargo bay needs to be locked down.

The interior is too sparsely furnished and needs to be finished, the rough poster board edges will never do.

The ball turrets need mount brackets.

and of course the interior lighting.

The loading ramp needs an extension to make the disembark angle less extreme...........

but all told a most gratifying moment to see this for the first time assembled in her full glory.

Martini time; Skoal!

post #268 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 12:02 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

That is a very impressive sight! Considering that imperial tanks treads wrap up the front and back, the gangway isn't that unreasonable.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #269 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 12:58 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Outstanding! !!!!!!!!!!!

post #270 of 321 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Fun and Games

Perhaps I should stick to what I know but this was kind of fun:

http://i.imgur.com/3ho5SiV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0nxv2lI.jpg

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode