Blackadder's Thunderhawk Project - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 321 (permalink) Old 12-27-15, 06:23 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Hilariously, the Fire Raptors I have seen have all been fake-cast and not the real thing now that I think of it.

You've gone above and beyond in your attempts to make it swivel decently, but I don't think you really need to go further. You've done it better than they have by the looks of it!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 321 (permalink) Old 12-27-15, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Hilariously, the Fire Raptors I have seen have all been fake-cast and not the real thing now that I think of it.

You've gone above and beyond in your attempts to make it swivel decently, but I don't think you really need to go further. You've done it better than they have by the looks of it!
fake-cast???????

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
post #203 of 321 (permalink) Old 12-27-15, 10:15 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Overseas fake castings of GW products. Not that I am recommending them or anything, but there are pretty on point copies out there for around 30% of the normal price. The resin is often very brittle and sometimes things can be funny but some people are willing to deal with the potential miscasts to save the money.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #204 of 321 (permalink) Old 12-29-15, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Final Bits of Fluff:

Okay with these final bits of fluff the exterior of the T'hawk is just about done. I daresay there might just be a couple of negligible items such as Turbo laser strut cradles et cetera but nothing that would preclude my painting the exterior. This has been a good year for me as most of my long term projects have reached fruition.

http://i.imgur.com/HGgpiBl.jpg

I decided to keep the ping-pong ball turrets as they are and add the view port and paraphernalia to the elevation race plate. The upper end of the elevation is in need of restriction so the canard wings won't get shot off in the heat of battle.

Now all needs be done is the interior of the cockpit and installing the interior of the forward cargo bay.

No I haven't decided whether to add the auto-fire dual bolters on either side of the nose abaft the front cargo door.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Last edited by Blackadder; 12-29-15 at 05:16 AM.
post #205 of 321 (permalink) Old 12-30-15, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Irrevocable Painted Primer Grey:

Before the fatal black paint

http://i.imgur.com/ACrlxv4.jpg

with a rare rear view that will not be seen once installed.

post #206 of 321 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Some Dumb Disney Movie:

A pair of Wall-E esque homemade twin bolters round out the forward armament slated for the Thunderhawk.

http://i.imgur.com/DryLZcN.jpg

Now whether I actually cut the holes in the fuselage to accommodate these hefty trainable beauties remains to be seen.

http://i.imgur.com/Ax66nBm.jpg

I was scrounging around in my bitz box and came up with enough material to make my own version of the FW T'hawk bolter armament.

http://i.imgur.com/fAJ32IM.jpg

The sighting unit above the bolter array reminded me of the cutesy robot in some dumb Disney movie

post #207 of 321 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 05:06 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Was it "short circuit" Johnny 5 is alive! The bolters look great, nice kit bashing

post #208 of 321 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Was it "short circuit" Johnny 5 is alive! The bolters look great, nice kit bashing
No, Wall-E:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wall...w=1536&bih=729

post #209 of 321 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 05:29 PM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Blackadder, all of your work makes me envious! I enjoy seeing your work (especially on this) but I also love reading your engineering synopses of what the problem is and what you're doing to fix it. Great work!
post #210 of 321 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriks View Post
Blackadder, all of your work makes me envious! I enjoy seeing your work (especially on this) but I also love reading your engineering synopses of what the problem is and what you're doing to fix it. Great work!
Wow "Engineering synopses" I like the sound of that; thank you for the compliment.

https://sites.google.com/site/resume...ering-projects

So much so that I had to look it up and lo, there is such a site. Ha!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode