600pt Warriors of Chaos Warband: White Primer! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Default 600pt Warriors of Chaos Warband: White Primer!

To help break up the huge project that is my high elves, i wanted a side project that was a little bit different to keep my painters brain more challenged and less bored.
You might have seen earlier on i posted a couple of short WoC lists, and i have decided to start assembling a small 600point list for games of swifthammer. So, here are the first photos of the first unit i have bought, a Marauder Horseman Musician. As my unit wont be featuring a champion, this dude will be the focus of attention in the unit. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar1.jpg (167.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg mar2.jpg (181.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mar3.jpg (170.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg mar4.jpg (160.9 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Default Musician Finished!

And here is the finished result! Not my tidiest work, but meh, he aint no fancy pants elf. I wanted something that looked rough and ready, but bright and full of life at the same time! Very happy with this chap (No horse riding pun intended)! And as other than a handfull of my spear elves this is one of my first models paintd over white primer, im very pleased indeed!
Have included the paint pots directly behind the mini to sw what colours i used in early stages, can explain the method i used for colours if you would like though! Dont be shy just ask!
Love to hear your thoughts as always!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar5.jpg (176.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg mar6.jpg (123.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg mar7.jpg (141.6 KB, 17 views)
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 05:01 PM

Warpath's Flag is: England

Nicely done mate the head swap is cool and and colours work well. I great quick job, the unit will look great. I have some of these waiting to be built, the stuff you get with the kit is fantastic.

What else are you intending to work on?
I have logged on to start my WoC project log, so seeing this i had to stop by and look

Looking forward to your updates.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 09:39 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Looks fantastic. It looked great before the addition of the blood, and then it got better. Nice work. Look forward to seeing more.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
Looks fantastic. It looked great before the addition of the blood, and then it got better. Nice work. Look forward to seeing more.
Thankyou, i was worried that the blood had ruined it and made it a bit too busy, but im glad i added it in the end. I felt as though the horse looked to clean before. Will get the rest of the guys done tomorrow hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Nicely done mate the head swap is cool and and colours work well. I great quick job, the unit will look great. I have some of these waiting to be built, the stuff you get with the kit is fantastic.
What else are you intending to work on?
I have logged on to start my WoC project log, so seeing this i had to stop by and look
Looking forward to your updates.
Thanks, i had a couple of spare bits left over from the old 'beastherd' kit, and as the head matched the horses almost perfectly i just had to add it!
Its possibly one of my favourite kits, its certainly my favourite cavalry kit. The spares are excellent, they offer so much potential and all work well with other WoC kits. I look forward to seeing yours done! Ill check out your log as soon as ive finished typing this mate! After this ill be buying a chariot kit, then sme warhounds, then another chariot (for a gorebeast) and then archaon for my hero (One of my favourite models alongside grimgor ironhide, the shaggoth and the jugger lord)! All in good time though!

Thankyou for looking and leaving your comments its very much appreciated! Ill head over to your project log now Warparth!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 10:58 PM

Warpath's Flag is: England

Yeah they are a great kit and i'm planning to use the extra heads in my warrior unit Yeah the chariot is a future purchase for myself aswell but not sure which version i will build it has.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Yeah they are a great kit and i'm planning to use the extra heads in my warrior unit Yeah the chariot is a future purchase for myself aswell but not sure which version i will build it has.
Im wanting one of each for my list, as ive squeezed them both into a nasty 600point list! Will be ery themed.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-25-13, 03:56 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

A good concept and sound execution.

There is a mould line on his leg.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-25-13, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Default Four more horses almost done...

Firstly, thankyou for the comments Dave, attention to mould lines is something i need to work on, iv never really given them much notice its a habbit i need to stap out now really.

It took me around 3 hours to reach this stage, left them this afternoon though as i was suprised by the Mrs. Going to add blood/gore like the musician, but less of it for these guys. Great to here your thoughts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar8.jpg (178.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mar9.jpg (166.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg mar10.jpg (183.2 KB, 11 views)
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-26-13, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Default Tatoos, second Rider done!

Added a couple of small tatoos to the musician, will be adding these to the riders and some marks to the horses too to add a contrasting colour, something i feel the models are lacking. Also have tried out some green washes on the metal too for the same reasons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar11.jpg (147.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mar12.jpg (145.3 KB, 6 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode