Waaaaagh Grimzag!!!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Default Waaaaagh Grimzag!!!!

Well i messed up my first log with the way i uploaded the images and it seems that photobucket have lost almost all of the pictures for the first 15 pages of my second ork log (i had wondered why i wasn't seeming to be getting any new interest) so in true ork, come back and try again later, mentality. Here is my third attempt at an ork poject log.

To all those that have not been following the previous log, welcome, and also please forgive if my train of thought meanders between projects, this is normal operating proceedure for me.

So first up a quick look at how my ork armies( yeah effectively when i'm done this force will be split into several of the different clans, hence the seemingly random paint schemes) are looking.

The whole force

Grimzags Screamin' Deffbringas

Moonstar'z Inc

Da Bloo Scorpjun tribe

Snacha's Lootas

Furst platune (awe forever alone ork)

and here is how my army composition is hopfully going to look when the army is done.
Yellow indicates completed units.

Quote:
Da Screamin deffbringas
Warboss Grimzag GOrwazza

Grimzag's Nobs mob
Big mek whirlygit
Weirdboys Phlash and Arrrgnnnggg each with a 10 boy madboy bodyguard
Big Mek Fixnsmash
Big Mek Razmek Bladstruck AkA: "Old squigbrain"
Big Mek Spannymek
2 ork units in trucks
Tuffdreg's boys in truck (12)
Badklaw's boys in truck (12)
Grokfog's boys in truck (12)
Blastaz boyz
in truck (12)
2 ork warbuggy units
1 warbuggy unit "da funda"
3 battle wagons
1 battlewagon "Big red"
1 mekboy junka
3 warkoptas
1 big choppa squadron
1 unit of skaterboyz
11 looted wagons
Looted wagon "Piper"
Looted wagon "Rollin Funda"
Looted wagon "Da Red Skull"
Looted wagon "Da Wizod"
Looted wagon “Dred Baron”
Looted wagon “Stinger”
Looted wagon “L-337”
Kill krusha "Fightin' 69th"

1 looted superheavy tank
2 fightas
1 megabomber
1 looted leviathan
1 unit of flash gits in kustom truck/lootedwagon
Da weirdwagon
1 snotling herd (for shokk attack wave)
To complete = 33 Vehicles and 130 infantry

Warboss Snachaz Lootas
Warboss Snacha
Big Mek Coglax
Big Mek Urk
9 looted wagons
2 loota boy units in looted wagons (1 partial lootaboy unit)
1 looted superheavy
2 looted hydra flakk kannonz
1 hydra flakk kannon "Sumfin Borrowed"
3 looted killa kan units (combination of light vehicles, tau battlesuits, sentinels eldar warwalkers)
3 looted deff dredds (at least 1 looted carnifex)
1 looted mega armour unit (in terminator armour)
2 ardboys units (in space marine armour)
1 looted megabomber “Gross Miss Konduct”
1 looted megabomber
3 looted bombers
6 looted fightas
1 mekboy lootin wagon
To complete = 38 Vehicles and 93 infantry

The Blue Scorpion tribe
Big Chief Screamin'eadache
Big Chief Danceslikegerlz
Big Chief Sittinfunni
Shaman Boneeater
Shaman Wyrdseer (big mek with kustom force field, in charge of idols)
Ug's Boys (30boys)
Kroff's boys (30boys)

Faak's boys (30 boys)
Glag's boys (30 boys)
4 unit's of 30 boys
2 grot units (1 nearly completed grot unit)
3 digga stompas
1 huge squiggoth
2 squiggoth
1 killa kan unit (animated idols)
To complete = 6 Vehicles, 3 collosal creatures and 184 infantry

Moonstarz inc
Big Mek Moonstar
2 Big Meks
1 mekboy stompa "Happy"
2 stompas
4 deff dredds
1 deff dredd “Junka”
1 deff dredd “Krumpa”

6 killa kan squads
To complete = 24 Vehicles and 2 infantry

Furst Platune
Jenral Smiff
Enjinseer 'Arrison
3 ork boys mobs (parade ground drilled)
3 heavy weapon batteries
5 looted wagons
2 trukk mobs
2 kommando units (1 ninjas)
To complete = 7 Vehicles, 9 big guns and 147 infantry

As you can see we have a long way to go. But it should be a pretty good trip.

Currently i'm adding the last 11 boys to Faaaks mob to get them completed and then i'll be turning my attention to the Megabomma "Gross Miss Konduct" So yet more infantry followed by a superheavy, i'm looking forwards to it.

Grim

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 02-15-13 at 01:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

A double post but this kinda makes sense when put with the first one, i've taken a few shots of units that i completed since i stopped posting on the other plog so they are included in the other images above but havn't really had any time in the limelight.

First i've got two new HQ's
Big mek 'arrison from furst platune and Weirdboy Phlash from Da Screaming Deffbringas.

'Arrison is as supplied with no conversion work whilst Phlash has had an arm swap to replace the scrawny second ed plastic arm which he should have.

Arrison kinda shows the colour scheme which i'm going to attempt with Furst Platune. I figue white and green to mimic the Valhalen ice warrior schemes was pretty fitting for a desert dwelling blood axe army.

I managed to complete a superheavy in the form of largely scratchbuilt Killkrusha tank. Most of it is made from plastic stock adn parts from old kits with only the side tracks actually being as designed.

I Have a regular space wolf opponent so i couldn't resist painting up the land raider parts to show where i got the tank from.
If i build and paint another 2 looted wagons then my first Tanka mob formation is complete. Wheeee!!!

Speaking of which, i completed my seventh looted wagon, Rollin' Funda.
The chasis is a rhino with the track removed, apart from that there is all kinds of bits and pieces pulling this thing together.

Aside from that and a couple of batches of feral boys (i can't remember which ones i completed) i've only managed to finish off a second deffdredd for the army. Again a privateer warjack conversion,

oh before i go, i was asked this way back on my other plog about a certain feral ork warboss, sittinfunni.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicrel Seijin View Post
Big Chief Sittinfunni--that's the half-ogre hero from Spellcrow isn't it? Could you take a comparison pic with one of the boyz? I'm curious as to his scale as I've been considering picking one up (along with all those alternate heads and some of the bodies).
Sorry for the dark picture DS but i had no light at the time.

The head for this model is pretty small compared to the rest of the minature, i actually didn't remove the origional head on sittinfunni, just filed the teef and other rough sticky out bits and then used it as a neck for the ork head which i was sticking over the top. A bit of GS to cover the seam and you can't even notice.

post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

ok, as money is proving hard to come by at the moment (anyone who has a job for a longterm shop manager give me a buzz), i'm having to rely on the leftover projects to ensure that the waagh keeps growing. Recently i've been hammering away at my old ork mega bomma that never got finished. For the most part it's the job of setting hundreds and hundreds of rivets onto the thing...sigh.

However i've made a couple of little adjustments that you guys should be able to see.
Firstly i didn't like the feel of the old top turret that was on the thing

too much lke i've just stuck a sponson on the roof, it also had issues with clearance when turning so i ripped it out and replaced it with this little thing.

much more aestetically pleasing i'm sure you'll agree.
I've also gone through and really put some focus onto the base, it was a plain white block before, i've now bevelled the edges, textured, painted and flocked it. Now i just have to finish the actual plane.

Must remember to check my chair before i sit down....

IN other news i sat down and did a quick count on what i still have waiitng to be built or partially constructed, in total i have 7 superheavy vehicles waiting in the wings, not including the bomma. I've only got about 30 infantry and 4 stndard vehicles (at a push) so it looks like i'll be building some apocalypse formation over the next few months.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 02-19-13 at 09:37 PM.

post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 09:35 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Good to see you giving this anuvver go ina propa Orky manna.

An impressive amount of gitz n gubbinz on display too, I am deeply envious.

For some reason Rollin Funda really appeals to me and is probably my favourite Vehicle atm. There is just something quintessentially Orky about it.

Liking the new turret on the bomma.
post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 10:12 PM
Oldenangry's Flag is: USA

That's an awesome horde of orky goodness!

I really like that you've got some of the older models in there, too.

I really liked the old ork stuff from back in the 2nd. Edition days.

There was a lot of character there.

Again, great stuff.
post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-20-13, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Good to see you giving this anuvver go ina propa Orky manna.

An impressive amount of gitz n gubbinz on display too, I am deeply envious.

For some reason Rollin Funda really appeals to me and is probably my favourite Vehicle atm. There is just something quintessentially Orky about it.

Liking the new turret on the bomma.
Thanks Vash, i like Rollin funda too, considering that it only really came about becuse i ran out of rhino trck sections i'm pretty happy with the overall appearance.
Hopfully i should have loads of updates over he next few weeks, though i think there will be a lot more building instead of painting going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenangry View Post
That's an awesome horde of orky goodness!

I really like that you've got some of the older models in there, too.

I really liked the old ork stuff from back in the 2nd. Edition days.

There was a lot of character there.

Again, great stuff.

Cheers angry, i try to keep the squads mixed up, i hate buying new models, weird i know, i would much rather spend time refurbing older ones. I should have a few second ed Snakebite boys in the next batch of feral orks i paint up so though i'm fully expecting to be spending aa lot of time working on Superheavies morre than anything else over the next few months.

Well i've managed to complete alll of the construction, rivvets and all. I actually have all of the crew built s well but i finished those a while ago and i'm not sure where i buried them. Here is the B-17 "O Klass" in all it's glory.

I guess the next logical step is to move onto something completely different......what?....you expect me to get this painted as well?

Ok here is the deal, i want to enter the army painting challenge again this year and i want to avoid one of the problems i had last year, whilst a change of job really messed me up i also had issues with not having a unit built and ready to paint. I ran out of time building units and trying to get them rushed out for the challenge. This time around i'm not going to paint anything for the next month or so, that way i'll have units ready to go when the AP challenge starts and i won't have so much of a rush.

With that in mind my next projet is going to be the dakka jet i started. The core of the structure is there but the details and rivvets are lacking so i'll focus on getting it done next.

post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-20-13, 10:35 PM

buckythefly's Flag is: USA

This project absolutely rocks. I love your looted wagons.

I'm all for playing this game, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

~Someday I'll play 7th Edition ~
0 Win 0 Losses 0 Draws
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckythefly View Post
This project absolutely rocks. I love your looted wagons.
Cheers Bucky. I'm goign to really try getting back into the plog and make sure i keep it updating with interesting stuff.

At the moment i'm very much finishing off as many units as possible so that i have models to paint for the AP challenge which a little bird told me is starting in April. So far i have 2 boys mobs, a mob of grots, a looted megabomma and a big mek built but unpainted.
Looking back through my existing started models i have 2 real stand out jobs to get completed and ready to paint, the dakkajet, which i showed you last time, and my poor battered wyrdboy wagon.

These are the last pictures i showed of it.

What a mess...since then the whole front section became the basis for my new Killkrusha tank.
Leaving this heap of parts.

Horrible.

The list of things i didn't like about it includes,
1:the back end is tooo heavy thanks to the motor inside it,
2:the tower is too far forwards and would need another compartment in front of it to balance the shape
3:....which in turn would make it look too long.
4:There is no weaponary apart from the tower and no real way of adding any
5: For some reason i used bamboo skewers as the support structure...don't ask me why i thought this was a good idea..i don't know
6: It sucks

So i dismantled it completely and decided to go a bit smaller. First thing i did was get rid of the heavy engine. Without that thing there i could move the tower back so that it sat exactly between the rear tracks. Now if i made a bulky front unit it would balance the vehicle out. I decided that Bulk wasn't enough nd that i would include a large turret on the front unit.
Most of the front is still under construction, the turret is mocked out and most of the rear section is actually complete. I managed to make the turret float roughly where i intend to put it.

Here she is...not bad for 2 hours work so far.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 02-23-13 at 01:13 AM.
post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Grimzag stomped quickly through the camp, He didn’t mind admitting that he was excited. Over the last couple of moons the armies meks ppeared to be having some sort of crazed joint hallucination. One of the Bloo Scorpyun tribe had apparently given each of them a bag of mushrooms which the tribe had gathered in tribute to the ones gifted by the ork idol. Happy the stompa apparently liked meks as far as the backwards orks could tell so they had been given the gift of fungi.
Whatever was in the vegetables was definitely agreeing with the Mekaniks, no sooner had they started ingesting them , then inspiration started flowing and work on half finished projects which had until now been sitting awaiting parts had commenced. Already Grimzag had added a new killkrusha tank to his army and the Megabomma “Gross Miss Kondukt “ was on the runway, being painted by the grots, the lootas had claimed the right to keep that one because they had found it in the sand dunes, Grim didn’t argue with them, they still fought under his command anyway.
Now Whirlygit had had a grot runner come to find him after having worked for three days straight in secret. Whatever he had was bound to be something good.
The warboss barged through the too small doorway of the old aircraft hanger which the meks had repurposed as a megaworkshop and stopped dead in his tracks.
A huge turreted vehicle lay before him, swarms of oiler grots welded and riveted armour plates to it whilst ‘Arrison and Spannymek seemed to be working together to run electrical cables to the massive tower which sat on the beast’s back.
Whirlygit approached his warboss and gave a lopsided grin.
“Bit of a beauty ain’t she boss? I reckon Phlash could shoot his magic fer miles from up dere.”
Grimzag nodded in mute appreciation.
“Course we still got some finishin’ touches to add, extra armour, sum rivets and a bit o wiring but I reckon she’ll be mobile in a couple o days.”
A massive smile broke out across Grimzag’s scarred face and he slapped the bigmek on the back, forgetting that his arm had long ago been replaced with a bionic and sending the Mekanik to the floor, he didn’t even notice.
“Surely dis is a sign from da gods, I’ll send the ferals out lookin’ fer more mushrooms. Keep up the good work, da more of dese creations we build, da more hurt we can launch on da oomies.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!”
The echo of the warcry bounced around the hanger and was joined by the voice of every ork in earshot, war was coming to Delphinas V.

So i more or less completed the wyrdboy tower, mostly it just needs detail work and rivets now. Some wires and such but aside from that it's all done.
With the tower removed.

Including tower
And a comparison, i'm pretty sure it can claim superheavy status being as it's slightly taller (not including the tower which makes it miles taller) and half again as long as a landraider.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 02-24-13 at 11:07 PM.
post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 02:40 PM

Ring Master "Honka"'s Flag is: United Kingdom

what benefits does the wyrd boy tower create if anything. does it just make it so the wyrdo can see?

also what sort of super heavy tank does it count as?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode