Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Waaaaagh Grimzag!!!!

26K views 154 replies 32 participants last post by  Battman 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i messed up my first log with the way i uploaded the images and it seems that photobucket have lost almost all of the pictures for the first 15 pages of my second ork log (i had wondered why i wasn't seeming to be getting any new interest) so in true ork, come back and try again later, mentality. Here is my third attempt at an ork poject log.

To all those that have not been following the previous log, welcome, and also please forgive if my train of thought meanders between projects, this is normal operating proceedure for me.

So first up a quick look at how my ork armies( yeah effectively when i'm done this force will be split into several of the different clans, hence the seemingly random paint schemes) are looking.

The whole force

Grimzags Screamin' Deffbringas

Moonstar'z Inc

Da Bloo Scorpjun tribe

Snacha's Lootas

Furst platune (awe forever alone ork)

and here is how my army composition is hopfully going to look when the army is done.
Yellow indicates completed units.

Da Screamin deffbringas
Warboss Grimzag GOrwazza

Grimzag's Nobs mob
Big mek whirlygit
Weirdboys Phlash and Arrrgnnnggg each with a 10 boy madboy bodyguard
Big Mek Fixnsmash
Big Mek Razmek Bladstruck AkA: "Old squigbrain"
Big Mek Spannymek
2 ork units in trucks
Tuffdreg's boys in truck (12)
Badklaw's boys in truck (12)
Grokfog's boys in truck (12)
Blastaz boyz
in truck (12)
2 ork warbuggy units
1 warbuggy unit "da funda"
3 battle wagons
1 battlewagon "Big red"
1 mekboy junka
3 warkoptas
1 big choppa squadron
1 unit of skaterboyz
11 looted wagons
Looted wagon "Piper"
Looted wagon "Rollin Funda"
Looted wagon "Da Red Skull"
Looted wagon "Da Wizod"
Looted wagon “Dred Baron”
Looted wagon “Stinger”
Looted wagon “L-337”
Kill krusha "Fightin' 69th"

1 looted superheavy tank
2 fightas
1 megabomber
1 looted leviathan
1 unit of flash gits in kustom truck/lootedwagon
Da weirdwagon
1 snotling herd (for shokk attack wave)
To complete = 33 Vehicles and 130 infantry

Warboss Snachaz Lootas
Warboss Snacha
Big Mek Coglax
Big Mek Urk
9 looted wagons
2 loota boy units in looted wagons (1 partial lootaboy unit)
1 looted superheavy
2 looted hydra flakk kannonz
1 hydra flakk kannon "Sumfin Borrowed"
3 looted killa kan units (combination of light vehicles, tau battlesuits, sentinels eldar warwalkers)
3 looted deff dredds (at least 1 looted carnifex)
1 looted mega armour unit (in terminator armour)
2 ardboys units (in space marine armour)
1 looted megabomber “Gross Miss Konduct”
1 looted megabomber
3 looted bombers
6 looted fightas
1 mekboy lootin wagon
To complete = 38 Vehicles and 93 infantry

The Blue Scorpion tribe
Big Chief Screamin'eadache
Big Chief Danceslikegerlz
Big Chief Sittinfunni
Shaman Boneeater
Shaman Wyrdseer (big mek with kustom force field, in charge of idols)
Ug's Boys (30boys)
Kroff's boys (30boys)

Faak's boys (30 boys)
Glag's boys (30 boys)
4 unit's of 30 boys
2 grot units (1 nearly completed grot unit)
3 digga stompas
1 huge squiggoth
2 squiggoth
1 killa kan unit (animated idols)
To complete = 6 Vehicles, 3 collosal creatures and 184 infantry

Moonstarz inc
Big Mek Moonstar
2 Big Meks
1 mekboy stompa "Happy"
2 stompas
4 deff dredds
1 deff dredd “Junka”
1 deff dredd “Krumpa”

6 killa kan squads
To complete = 24 Vehicles and 2 infantry

Furst Platune
Jenral Smiff
Enjinseer 'Arrison
3 ork boys mobs (parade ground drilled)
3 heavy weapon batteries
5 looted wagons
2 trukk mobs
2 kommando units (1 ninjas)
To complete = 7 Vehicles, 9 big guns and 147 infantry
As you can see we have a long way to go. But it should be a pretty good trip.

Currently i'm adding the last 11 boys to Faaaks mob to get them completed and then i'll be turning my attention to the Megabomma "Gross Miss Konduct" So yet more infantry followed by a superheavy, i'm looking forwards to it.

Grim

See less See more
#2 ·
A double post but this kinda makes sense when put with the first one, i've taken a few shots of units that i completed since i stopped posting on the other plog so they are included in the other images above but havn't really had any time in the limelight.

First i've got two new HQ's
Big mek 'arrison from furst platune and Weirdboy Phlash from Da Screaming Deffbringas.

'Arrison is as supplied with no conversion work whilst Phlash has had an arm swap to replace the scrawny second ed plastic arm which he should have.

Arrison kinda shows the colour scheme which i'm going to attempt with Furst Platune. I figue white and green to mimic the Valhalen ice warrior schemes was pretty fitting for a desert dwelling blood axe army.

I managed to complete a superheavy in the form of largely scratchbuilt Killkrusha tank. Most of it is made from plastic stock adn parts from old kits with only the side tracks actually being as designed.

I Have a regular space wolf opponent so i couldn't resist painting up the land raider parts to show where i got the tank from.
If i build and paint another 2 looted wagons then my first Tanka mob formation is complete. Wheeee!!!

Speaking of which, i completed my seventh looted wagon, Rollin' Funda.
The chasis is a rhino with the track removed, apart from that there is all kinds of bits and pieces pulling this thing together.

Aside from that and a couple of batches of feral boys (i can't remember which ones i completed) i've only managed to finish off a second deffdredd for the army. Again a privateer warjack conversion,

oh before i go, i was asked this way back on my other plog about a certain feral ork warboss, sittinfunni.
Big Chief Sittinfunni--that's the half-ogre hero from Spellcrow isn't it? Could you take a comparison pic with one of the boyz? I'm curious as to his scale as I've been considering picking one up (along with all those alternate heads and some of the bodies).
Sorry for the dark picture DS but i had no light at the time.

The head for this model is pretty small compared to the rest of the minature, i actually didn't remove the origional head on sittinfunni, just filed the teef and other rough sticky out bits and then used it as a neck for the ork head which i was sticking over the top. A bit of GS to cover the seam and you can't even notice.

#3 · (Edited)
ok, as money is proving hard to come by at the moment (anyone who has a job for a longterm shop manager give me a buzz), i'm having to rely on the leftover projects to ensure that the waagh keeps growing. Recently i've been hammering away at my old ork mega bomma that never got finished. For the most part it's the job of setting hundreds and hundreds of rivets onto the thing...sigh.

However i've made a couple of little adjustments that you guys should be able to see.
Firstly i didn't like the feel of the old top turret that was on the thing

too much lke i've just stuck a sponson on the roof, it also had issues with clearance when turning so i ripped it out and replaced it with this little thing.

much more aestetically pleasing i'm sure you'll agree.
I've also gone through and really put some focus onto the base, it was a plain white block before, i've now bevelled the edges, textured, painted and flocked it. Now i just have to finish the actual plane.

Must remember to check my chair before i sit down....

IN other news i sat down and did a quick count on what i still have waiitng to be built or partially constructed, in total i have 7 superheavy vehicles waiting in the wings, not including the bomma. I've only got about 30 infantry and 4 stndard vehicles (at a push) so it looks like i'll be building some apocalypse formation over the next few months.

#6 ·
Thanks Vash, i like Rollin funda too, considering that it only really came about becuse i ran out of rhino trck sections i'm pretty happy with the overall appearance.
Hopfully i should have loads of updates over he next few weeks, though i think there will be a lot more building instead of painting going on.

That's an awesome horde of orky goodness!

I really like that you've got some of the older models in there, too.

I really liked the old ork stuff from back in the 2nd. Edition days.

There was a lot of character there.

Again, great stuff.

Cheers angry, i try to keep the squads mixed up, i hate buying new models, weird i know, i would much rather spend time refurbing older ones. I should have a few second ed Snakebite boys in the next batch of feral orks i paint up so though i'm fully expecting to be spending aa lot of time working on Superheavies morre than anything else over the next few months.

Well i've managed to complete alll of the construction, rivvets and all. I actually have all of the crew built s well but i finished those a while ago and i'm not sure where i buried them. Here is the B-17 "O Klass" in all it's glory.

I guess the next logical step is to move onto something completely different......what?....you expect me to get this painted as well?

Ok here is the deal, i want to enter the army painting challenge again this year and i want to avoid one of the problems i had last year, whilst a change of job really messed me up i also had issues with not having a unit built and ready to paint. I ran out of time building units and trying to get them rushed out for the challenge. This time around i'm not going to paint anything for the next month or so, that way i'll have units ready to go when the AP challenge starts and i won't have so much of a rush.

With that in mind my next projet is going to be the dakka jet i started. The core of the structure is there but the details and rivvets are lacking so i'll focus on getting it done next.

#8 · (Edited)
Cheers Bucky. I'm goign to really try getting back into the plog and make sure i keep it updating with interesting stuff.

At the moment i'm very much finishing off as many units as possible so that i have models to paint for the AP challenge which a little bird told me is starting in April. So far i have 2 boys mobs, a mob of grots, a looted megabomma and a big mek built but unpainted.
Looking back through my existing started models i have 2 real stand out jobs to get completed and ready to paint, the dakkajet, which i showed you last time, and my poor battered wyrdboy wagon.

These are the last pictures i showed of it.

What a mess...since then the whole front section became the basis for my new Killkrusha tank.
Leaving this heap of parts.

Horrible. :puke::suicide:

The list of things i didn't like about it includes,
1:the back end is tooo heavy thanks to the motor inside it,
2:the tower is too far forwards and would need another compartment in front of it to balance the shape
3:....which in turn would make it look too long.
4:There is no weaponary apart from the tower and no real way of adding any
5: For some reason i used bamboo skewers as the support structure...don't ask me why i thought this was a good idea..i don't know
6: It sucks

So i dismantled it completely and decided to go a bit smaller. First thing i did was get rid of the heavy engine. Without that thing there i could move the tower back so that it sat exactly between the rear tracks. Now if i made a bulky front unit it would balance the vehicle out. I decided that Bulk wasn't enough nd that i would include a large turret on the front unit.
Most of the front is still under construction, the turret is mocked out and most of the rear section is actually complete. I managed to make the turret float roughly where i intend to put it.

Here she is...not bad for 2 hours work so far.

#9 · (Edited)
Grimzag stomped quickly through the camp, He didn’t mind admitting that he was excited. Over the last couple of moons the armies meks ppeared to be having some sort of crazed joint hallucination. One of the Bloo Scorpyun tribe had apparently given each of them a bag of mushrooms which the tribe had gathered in tribute to the ones gifted by the ork idol. Happy the stompa apparently liked meks as far as the backwards orks could tell so they had been given the gift of fungi.
Whatever was in the vegetables was definitely agreeing with the Mekaniks, no sooner had they started ingesting them , then inspiration started flowing and work on half finished projects which had until now been sitting awaiting parts had commenced. Already Grimzag had added a new killkrusha tank to his army and the Megabomma “Gross Miss Kondukt “ was on the runway, being painted by the grots, the lootas had claimed the right to keep that one because they had found it in the sand dunes, Grim didn’t argue with them, they still fought under his command anyway.
Now Whirlygit had had a grot runner come to find him after having worked for three days straight in secret. Whatever he had was bound to be something good.
The warboss barged through the too small doorway of the old aircraft hanger which the meks had repurposed as a megaworkshop and stopped dead in his tracks.
A huge turreted vehicle lay before him, swarms of oiler grots welded and riveted armour plates to it whilst ‘Arrison and Spannymek seemed to be working together to run electrical cables to the massive tower which sat on the beast’s back.
Whirlygit approached his warboss and gave a lopsided grin.
“Bit of a beauty ain’t she boss? I reckon Phlash could shoot his magic fer miles from up dere.”
Grimzag nodded in mute appreciation.
“Course we still got some finishin’ touches to add, extra armour, sum rivets and a bit o wiring but I reckon she’ll be mobile in a couple o days.”
A massive smile broke out across Grimzag’s scarred face and he slapped the bigmek on the back, forgetting that his arm had long ago been replaced with a bionic and sending the Mekanik to the floor, he didn’t even notice.
“Surely dis is a sign from da gods, I’ll send the ferals out lookin’ fer more mushrooms. Keep up the good work, da more of dese creations we build, da more hurt we can launch on da oomies.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!”
The echo of the warcry bounced around the hanger and was joined by the voice of every ork in earshot, war was coming to Delphinas V.

So i more or less completed the wyrdboy tower, mostly it just needs detail work and rivets now. Some wires and such but aside from that it's all done.
With the tower removed.

Including tower

And a comparison, i'm pretty sure it can claim superheavy status being as it's slightly taller (not including the tower which makes it miles taller) and half again as long as a landraider.

#12 ·
what benefits does the wyrd boy tower create if anything. does it just make it so the wyrdo can see?

also what sort of super heavy tank does it count as?
Pass, there are rules for a weirdboy tower in the lords of battle pdf that was floating around a while ago but mine has a double boomgn on the front and that's not an option in the book. I might have to come up with a datasheet for it myself. I'll look into it more once the model is complete.

Wow, those are some amazing conversions! By far, my favourite parts of any ork army are the tanks, and you have certainly made some good ones!

I like the old 2nd edition orks you have here and there as well. I've always enjoyed those old models, they add a lot of character to the army they're in.

All in all, excellent work! I look forward to seeing more.
Cheers Murdock, hopefully i'll be completeing a few more units over the next few days as my modelling table is cleared again from the big battle i played in recently, more news on that when i can get some pictures off of my brother inlaw.

For now here is a shot of my ork hoard hving defeated a warcat titan.

#11 ·
Wow, those are some amazing conversions! By far, my favourite parts of any ork army are the tanks, and you have certainly made some good ones!

I like the old 2nd edition orks you have here and there as well. I've always enjoyed those old models, they add a lot of character to the army they're in.

All in all, excellent work! I look forward to seeing more.

#13 · (Edited)
Well as some of you may know Myself, ring master honker and a couple of my friends played an apocalypse game last weekend. In total it worked out about 10k per side on a 10'by 4' board. A great time was had by all and i think that next time we should be able to go even bigger :D
Here are some shots of the battlefield. They're more overviews as the fight went on than nything else but they give you some sort of idea as to what we were going over a long weekedn game.

Here is what the board looked like after deployment, the forces of the blood angels, white scars, and legion of the damned were bolstered by black templars and ultramarines at the far end of the board, on the side of disorder was waaaagh grimzag, the big top brawlers, Hive fleet chidders and the lunar wolves/black legion marines of Lord Grubbs. One of the core issues we had with this game was that very few of us had played sixth edition, i had the most experiance and that was three games spread over six months.

units awaiting deployment for the forces of disorder at the start of the game, some of these were contained within vehicles.

How the board looked at tthe start of turn 2

Halfway through turn two, the imperial reserves arrive, including a large unit of death company behind one of the stompas and two land raiders containing terminators midway down the line.

End of turn three, by now useful imperial forces are looking a little thin on the ground, most tanks are already destroyed or are being systematically taken appart by massed ork ordenance, the mekboy stompa is engaged in a close combat fight with the death company, the tterminators are isolated and picked off by combined attacks from tyranids, greenskins and a stompa. The few units that are able to make an impact on the battle are looking scattered and isolated.

End of turn four. The mekboy stompa is destroyed by the death company thunder hammers, no loyalist vehicles are opporational, any imperial forces which could make an impact are mopped up leaving scattered individuals as the only survivors on the imperial side. There were six objectives arranged at the start of the game, four were in the hands of the forces of disorder with the others being uncontested at the end of this turn. The forces of order only had a single scoring unit which remained bove hlf strength left on the board. The game was called to a halt at this point.

A shot of the far end of the board taken from the loyalist side facing the forces of disorder side.

In all the battle was a massive victory for the bad guys, in total less than 25 infantry across eight squads remained on the imperium's side. Two Characters survived the battle. The forces of disorder still had 2 superheavies, over a hundred and fifety infantry, four monsterous creatures and about 15 standard vehicles mobile.

That said the lack of superheavy vehicles on the loyalists side seemed to really hamper them, though theyy missed a couple of chances to take out one of the stompas with the arriving land raiders. At the end of the weekedn a good time was had by all and the imperial have vowed to return. We're looking forwards to it.

#15 ·
i have found one picture from the battle which i think sums up the battle its the only one i have

was a good battle cant wait for round 2
I'm thinking that we might make it a regular thing, once a month get together for a game, even if it's only a small one.

OKay guys i've been secretly cheating on this forum with another, i'm sorry it was a one time thing and i was really drunk. They understood me over there.

Anyway, i've been working on my ork bommer a bit and one of their regulars made some suggestions, now as he is something of a kitbash bommer master, i felt it was worth listening to his advice and doing some additional modelling.
If you don't believe me, this is the sort of thing he regulrly puts out.

The points he made were as follows, though he worded them more nicely.

1: the open topped cab for the crew makes the tail look flimsy, add something to strengthen the open topped rea.
2: Ork planes very rarely have rounded wings.
3: Needs more dakka.

All extremely vallid point. I showed the list to Whirlygit and he scratched his chin, roared, threw a grot into a propeller blade and then went back to work.
A few hours later and this is what he came up with.

"Right, da middle bit of da plane looks ded weedy so ta make it stronga wivout gettin in da way ov da gunners i has welded on a support beam from front ta back, dat should keep da tail in place."

"Ok wiv dat done i needs to sort out da wings...too roundy? hmm does look a little bit like da stinkin pointy eared panzees have been at it. Right we'll chop em off and add some stabilizin tails ta stop da plane rollin' so much."

"And da last find was dat we need more dakka....well i can't argue wiv dat now can i? "

"So thats da lot, now i'll leave da grots ta paint it and start hackin up da next vehicle."

Thanks for that Whirlygit.
He's stomped off and is currently playing around with the weirdboy tower. I guess i should get the paint job finished on the blasta bomma now.

#16 ·
So i'm sitting around trying to organise my gaming room when i find one of my older botz boxes. Upon rummaging i find three rhino chassis....now this is clearly a sign that i need to make some more looted wagons.

"But Grim, you said you weren't going to build any more orks until your other guys were painted or finished off."

Yeah i know but i needed to build something and i'm not in the mood to faff around with the weirdboy tower right now.

"Do you even need another looted wagon? How many boomgun wagons is that now?"

No i probably don't and this will be boomgun wagon number 8. But i enjoy building them so i'll keep doing so.

As you can see there is still work to do, the turret spins and the whole thing needs more detailing...also armour plates in some sections nd filling gaps but i'm pretty happy with the overall shape of it so far.

#17 ·
Well another day, another update. I've been working hard on something that is taking more time than i expected.
I've had so many people comment on my looted wagon i decided that i would set myself the challenge of writing a tutorial on how to build them.

So i picked the worst conditioned vehicle i could find and turned it into something usable.

The Tut isn't finished yet but to give you an idea, i started with this.

and finished with this.

I'm pretty sure that the idea for the reinforced ram came from Viscount vash.
I'll finishe both these wagons off for the first month of the army painting challenge to give myself a good jump off point. That will complete a 10 tank apocalypse formation. Da Black Deff tanker mob.

#20 ·
Odd, the pic is working well for me..
It was a good laugh, we're doing it again in May, my missus is away for 2 weeks and i have the house to myself....mwahahahahah

That's way too many Orks lol! I personally think the best thing about Orks is no matter what you played before them the models can always become Orky with enough imagination!
Blasphemy....there is no such thing as too many orks.
i'll be honsest a lot of my ork vehicles are things i've picked up for mega cheap on ebay and just held onto untill i've gotten around to working on them. The rhino i based this one on came in a bits box joblot on ebay along with a load of metal terminators which i sold for a profit. Making this looted wagon actually cost me nothing.

#22 · (Edited)
Cheers dude, here's something new.

I entered the conversion contest , i'm going to build a warbuggy out of this.

Beautiful right? No?
Well here she is stripped naked...of paint.

THe plan involves giving her a cockpit cover and then mounting a missile pod somewhere, potentially in the nose.
Here is where i got whilst working on the cockpit.

And where i stopped for the night,

the cockpit is more or less done aside from detailing and filling in some of the spaces, the missile pod will go in the nose, you can see where already. I have a little surprise with this model but i'll leave it until a bit later. I've not even started on the wheel system or rear area.

#25 · (Edited)
I've always loved the converting side of the hobby and i decided long ago that nothing should be safe from a good chopping, i've got a limited edition black ork banner bearer cut up in this lot somewhere....mwahahaha

always liked your stuff grim, you can "orkify" anything, good stuff
Cheers Melikor, i try. ;)

Well i'm fed up with having so many WiP models knocking about so i decided that i'm going to make a conscerted effort to get some of them finished. Yesturday and today i spent a lot of time rivveting up the two looted wagons from the previous pge and getting them undercoated.

I've also decided to give the hairspray chipping technique a shot so i painted the whole of the main body of the tanks in rust.
First i did a red/brown mix using 1/1 of army painter oak brown and pure red
Then i did a coat of armypainter dark wash
Then some stippling of watered down Fiery orange and another dark wash before it had finished drying. The final effect is like this.

I'll have to leave it to dry overnight before i start o the hairspray step, i'm thinking i should paint the non chipped areas first as well (the engines and crew)as they will end up coated in hairspray otherwise.

Well while i was waiting i did a ittle more work on the rocket buggy, it was mostly working on the vehicle and realising that the missile unit i wanted to use looked rubbish..back to the drawing board. But the rear wheels look pretty cool even though they aren't attatched yet.

I also realised that i had a lot of second edition plastic grots milling about so i've gathered them together and i've undercoated them, i'm going to do them as a unit of blood axe grots in camo. They're already at parade ground attention nyway.

#26 · (Edited)
Ok time for another update, i been playing with my boomguns today. Also been working on my looted wagons.

As i mentioned yesturday i had rusted up both vehicles and this morning i gave them a couple of coats of hairspray.
Now the worrying part, all of the tutorials for this technique that i've read have used an airbrush for this next coat of paint. Now i'm rubbish with n airbrush and am not willing to work with it at the moment so i resolved to try hand brushing it on, i wasn't sure if it was going to work so i focussed on a single model first.

After that had dried i got a pot of water and a brush to make the areas i wanted chipped damp then went mad with a scrubbing brush and a bamboo skewer and this is what i got, seems i needn't have worried.

I gave the model hit of purity seal to stop any more paint flaking off and now i'm ready to do the metalwork where i didin't want the chipping effect. I'm going to add space marine symbols on at this stage too.
PROTIP: Don't use the purity seal whilst there is still water on the model, it frosts up.

Here is the second one, i've been a bit more adventurous with the paint scheme so that i get a more complete effect once it's chipped up. I wish i had already painted marine logos on the other one at this stage so that i wouldn't have to try and second guess where the lines would be if the chips weren't there.

I think i will try to use a lot less orange on the tanks if i do this again, more reds and maybe some of the black corrosion you sometimes see on rusted ironwork.

#29 · (Edited)
Yeah, i chucked a bit of brown wash on after i took these pictures and it dulled it down a bit, much better. Like i said next time i think i'll go more red/brown.

Some awesome conversions the plane is probably one of my favorites looks really good.
Cheers Spawner. Though now i'm paranoid as to whether you mean my one or the one that i got inspiration from.

Well i had a few more minutes so i battered the paint on the second tank, i think this one looks much better. The rust is the same tone that i used before but i think the white sorta balances out the orange a bit better.

Just a few details on both models and they'll be ready to join my maxxed out tanker mob.

Edit: completed the details on the second tank (now named "Sir Booma") it's all ready to go, doesn't look much different but here.

#28 ·
Some awesome conversions the plane is probably one of my favorites looks really good.

#31 ·
And i've finished the other looted wagon.

I decided that my orks found the rhino that was the basis for this one inside an asteroid that they had started turning into a Rok. they found fragments of armour and evidence that it had once been some kind of space marine facility, about all they managed to salvage was a few scraps of armour and this rhino. It was already black so they didn't need to do much painting but it had some mechanical flaws that it had picked up so whirlygit rebuilt the engine.

So with "Old Boy" and "Sir Booma" complete i now have a maxxed out tanker mob.
1 Killkrusha tank (Fightin' 69"
and 9 boomgun armed looted wagons (Stinger, Da Wizod, Piper, Old Boy, L-337, Sir Booma, Rollin' Funda, Dredd Baron and Da Red Skull)

Introducing, The Blak Deff tankers

#36 ·
Yeah it was a much easier technique then i expected. I did find that i needed to give the vehicle a hit of varnish once it was weathered to stop even more paint flaking off though. I'll be using this technique again in the future for sure.

shit that's brutal. If i ever get a land raider for my khorne berserkers i am going to give it those tracks!
I origionally bought the tracks for a chaos superheavy conversion that kinda died by the wayside. Ah well maybe later down the line.

It's been a while since i did an update and there are a few things to talk about, firstly i failed to get my entry completed for the conversion contest (boooooo) that'll serve me right for paying too much attention to painting looted wagons.

Anyway, the army painter challenge is now upon us again, something that i didn't manage to complete last year. This time around i've prepped severl units beforehand to make sure that i don't need to stop painting and do some modelling mid way throguh the challenge, this combined with me trying to open a shop relaly killed last year's attempt.

This month i'm putting in Ork Madmek Razmek Bladstruck, AKA old Squigbrain, and his shock attack gun. In the picture his legs are behind the power klaw.

Also i haven't forgotten about my bommer, most of the painting is done now, i am waiting on some waterslide tranfer paper so that i can print a couple of logo's for the thing, i tried freehanding them but they are just too small for me to be able to paint. The colours are a bit off because the flash on the camera was going off, the yellows and red aren't tht vibrant in real life.

#37 ·
well i completed my model for this months army painting challenge and i've now a new big mek in my army. Razmek Bladstruck Aka Old Squigbrain is ready to rumble.

With him completed and my next unit already built i'm going to be workign on getting the bomma finished this month, who knows...it might happen...if i keep threatening it then maybe it'll happen on its own.

#38 ·
So once again i'm back, i've been busy lately but unfortunately not so much on my warhammer models. Still all that's about to change. Today I spent a majority of my time working on the old army painter challenge. I've completed this month's entry early. Here they are.

These 11 guys complete Faak's feral ork unit. Something that i've been meaning to get done for a while now.

As well as that i've been doing some work on the megabomma and weirdboy tower. The problems i'm having are that I can't get my printer working well enough to do the transfer I need for the bomma and that I really can't be bothered with painting the crew ATM. I'll get it done soon, maybe i'll finish it this month if I get my next project done quickly. Whilst i've got a few units undercoated and ready for the AP challenge I had an issue last year where I fell behind and didn't have time to build more units to complete the challenge with. This year i'm going to try and knock out the AP unit in the first week of each month and then get other units built with the rest of the month.

As i'm currently looking at 3 units of infantry and a single character waiting in the wings (with the weirdboy tower once I get the last few details ironed out) i'm looking a bit short on vehicles. I've decided to work on something that I picked up as the basis for an ork klaw stompa.

Here it is, a mechanical shark.

There is a problem with scale, he needs to be taller, as shown by Happy the mekboy stompa.

Obviously he's going to need a lot of work but I see potential for a really characterful model here.

Problems:(Solutions)

1: Right arm has no elbow sculpting and is canted at a weird angle where it interferes with the face. (Remove arm joint housing from main body section with hacksaw and modelling knife, do not damage actual joint. Reattatch at more suitable angle. Remove arm at elbow length and craft elbow/lower arm out of styrene tubing)

2: no knees on legs (Remove legs from body and remove the piping sections from both, recraft more dynamic legs using styrene tubes and plasticard. This will also allow me to alter the stance of the model)

3: Fin on head (remove and replace with set of 3 super rockets)

4: right hand weapon looks dumb (replace with the buzz saw on the left arm, that way the weapons are buzz saw on one hand and chainsaw on the other)

5: Lots of empty space within the models mouth ( room for the flamey weapon here)

6: Loots like shark (If it had a nose and the edges were squared off it would look like an ork head instead..plasticard away)

7: It's too short and not got a bulk enough trunk (I'll build the bottom and back areas of the body out with plasticard and increase the feeling of chunkiness. The legs will be slightly longer than before so give it a bit more height)

8: Some sections look a little bland (Rivets, armour plates and some careful sculpting will deal with that)

Additional bits
As the buzz saw already turns and I have a motor from an old toy car around here somwhere it seems like a waste not to make the thing spin with the flick of a switch. Also if i'm adding motion to the arms I may as well fit the eyes with led's. I'll hide the battery unit in the new section i'm going to be adding to the trunk.

So that's my current modelling project, I have a couple of bits sat around that are too small to be used in the AP challenge so I might paint some of those up just to break things up a little. If that happens i'l be sure to let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.