Eldar Iyanden 1000pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Default Eldar Iyanden 1000pts

Hi All,

You may have seen my army thread: (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=120330) but I've moved on slightly since then. I've finally got around to finalising my list, and I'm starting with 1000pts.

Eventually, it'll consist of a Farseer, 10 Wraithguard w/ Spiritseer, 5 Pathfinders, 2 Wraithlords and 3 War Walkers.

I've just finished my first Wraithlord (the second is imminent, I find it a drag doing the final yellow highlights...but the end result is so worth it!!) I've attached the images below.

Almost done with the second Wraithlord, I'll post it ASAP. I've now got a few War Walkers in the post as well as the Farseer. I've got something particularly exciting in stall for the Farseer which could end up being epic or just ridiculous! (But that's a story for another time...!)

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

shelman

P.S Sorry about the iffy picture quality, I had to take them on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001[1].jpg (232.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0002[2].jpg (234.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0003[1].jpg (236.8 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Hi Again

Update:

Farseer arrived today, but unfortunately it seems that my orginal plan is not really viable. It did just look ridiculous. I bought the Farseer off eBay super cheap, but it came with no head. I had also recently noticed a piece that looked similar to a wraithguard head (pictured) just smaller. In the scheme of things I thought it would look rather cool...but no! Instead I've opted for a High Elf head I had hanging around.

Started on the first of my War Walkers. Not worthy of any photos (it's still early days!)

And finally, the 2nd wraithlord. This one has the wraithsword instead of the bright lance (due to a lack of pts available in the end!) and I think it came out well. This will form the basis of my plans for the Farseer's and the Warlock's witchblades.

Those wraithlords look so great standing next to one and other.

Hope you enjoy,

shelman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0005[2].jpg (245.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0006[1].jpg (250.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0007[1].jpg (234.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0008[1].jpg (320.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0009[1].jpg (186.3 KB, 4 views)
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 11:28 AM

Flerden's Flag is: Finland

Quite good looking Wraithlords, nice and clean yellow. And how did you paint the Wraithsword? I have been trying to figure out how to paint mine. And I don't know, the weapons almost look a bit to blue, not sure if it's just me that thinks that. But great work so far!
And good to see other Eldar logs on here

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I thought that about the Bright Lance especially. The problem is, when it was black it looked too black, and having seen both renditions I can say the latter looks better. Furthermore, I didn't know what other colour to do it. I wanted to keep everything simple.

As for the sword, I did: Macharius Solar Orange (exuse my use of the older colour names!), then washed with Agrax Earthshade, followed by a drybrush of Solar Orange, then a drybrush of Yriel Yellow and finally highlighting the very edges of the blade in Yriel Yellow.

Glad you like it!
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:49 PM

Ah, well looking closer I see that there is some black on weapons too, at a first tired glance (was very tired when I looked earlier) it looked totally blue. So my misstake!
And I'll have a test on something similar for my Wraithsword, so thanks for that.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Update:

The new Farseer all glued and ready to go. I do however think his head seems a little small for the body. I personally find it just gives a large presence about him. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0013[1].jpg (291.8 KB, 12 views)
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 09:05 PM

The head is quite fitting imo, as in decent size and looks quite cool. Even if I rather have Farseers with their helmets. But it's a nice change, and judging by your WL, I really want to see that Farseer painted, will look awesome I hope!
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much, it means so much to have your work appreciated.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit longer. The first War Walker is coming along nicely now, and after that I may do a second one or start work on the Farseer. Who knows...?

I'm going to be away this weekend too, so probably no new posts until Monday. I hope to have the Walker finished on Monday, Wednesday's the absolute max.

Thanks again.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-11-13, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Update:

So here it is. The first of three Walkers. My only comment is on the visor. I had to paint it because I got the Walker second hand and there were glue stains on it. I think it came out OK though.

Second Walker is being started up soon.

shelman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0014[1].jpg (223.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0015[1].jpg (231.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0016[1].jpg (239.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0017[1].jpg (230.4 KB, 6 views)
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Update:

The next War Walker is coming along nicely. Just awaiting the shuriken cannons, never thought I'd have to order in some more Eldar heavy weapons! (I actually ran out of them in converting Guardian Jetbikes!)

It's amazing actually how empty the model seems without the guns on!

Nothing much else to say, just that I'll be starting the Farseer soon. I'll probably have some step by step (ish) photo's of him, as and when.

shelman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0018[1].jpg (231.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0020[1].jpg (243.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0021[1].jpg (247.6 KB, 3 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode