Eldar Iyanden 1000pts - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-14-13, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Hello again. Images of the full Wraithguard squad now.

Working on the Pathfinders at the moment, and after that I'll get stuck into Yriel.

Only a Harlequin Troupe after that. I'm getting close!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0087.jpg (267.6 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Finally got around to putting some photos up! Rangers and Yriel are complete.

I kept the rangers quite simple, using plain grey cloaks to make them look darker and more mysterious than the rest of the force. The bright yellow still pokes through in some areas tying them into the whole army.

I decided to paint Yriel in his pre-exile form (Yellow, not Black) simply because I thought it would help tie him in a bit more. I though for a while about having him in Black with a converted Storm Guardian squad or something as his Raiders, but that never came about.

I have my Harlequins on the way now, and I'm soon to purchase a Shadowseer. I've decided to do them in a Pink/Purple theme, though with a little Blue in there to link everything up. They should then provide some much needed variety of colour to the very monochromatic colour scheme I have going on!

Hope you enjoy them! Please leave your feedback for me it is much appreciated. Also, if anyone has any hints/tips on painting Harlequins that'd be very gratefully received!!

Sorry about the poor picture quality too. My camera has had a minor hiccup so I've had to use my phone!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0088.jpg (229.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0089.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0090.jpg (206.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0091.jpg (222.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0092.jpg (220.1 KB, 1 views)
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Hello again! Long time no see!!

In my last post (ages ago) I promised some harlies would be painted up rather soon. Unfortunately, they are still looking at me mostly unpainted from my paint desk. I just can't bring myself to paint them up, the diamonds pattern is looking very daunting at the moment, although I have seen some very interesting styles on a quick Images search. I quite like the look of a monochrome style with brightly coloured features. Maybe I'll get them done some time in the future!!

Anyway, this is my first post since the update of the new Eldar, and suffice to say despite my evident procrastination I have made some headway.

Foremost amoungst these is my Autarch on Jetbike with Mantle (though in this case 'Flag') of the Laughing God. You may have seen my earlier post about him (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=125760), but he is now nearing completion. Hopefully some pics of him in the near future.

Otherwise a lot of tinkering really. I've re-kitted my Wraithlords with dual Bright Lance, I particularly like the one with the Wraithknight style pose.

I've also added a few more bodies to the force. 10 Guardian fill out my troops section, while some Swooping Hawks add a little more colour variation. I've not yet got around to a Weapon Platform for the Guardian though. Again, hopefully some time soon.

And finally I've re-painted on of my Wave Serpents. This one gives me a few more options in terms of housing Wraithguard, Guardian and Avengers.

And that just leaves me with what's coming next. Currently, I'm re-painting my old (I use the word in the loosest of terms!!) Saim-Hann force to be included in my Iyanden force. I did try to make them separate, but I've realised that making Iyanden viable by themselves is a tricky thing. So basically I'm making my life easier and wrapping it all in together.

So left to re-paint are a second Serpent, Fire Prism, Farseer w/ Warlock Council and Windriders. I'm thinking of painting the Bikes in the same style as the Serpent and using the yellow for the riders, but I'm still undecided. I am waiting on a few Guardian parts too to use in the tradition conversion for my Windriders to make them a little easier on the eye!

Beyond that, my plan is to invest in a single Crimson Hunter and then that will probably be that for this army. So the end is now in sight! After that, I'm thinking of starting up some Lizardmen to reignite my Fantasy gaming. I've got the book on order now...so that'll be fun!

So sorry for the shoddy camera work, only have a phone to do it on. I'll try to get the lighting right next time!

As always I'd love to hear your thoughts, and hopefully it's not too long until the next one!!

Anyone know how to change the main title of the thread? Not sure '1000pts' quite fits anymore!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (227.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (254.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (269.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (277.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (252.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (266.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (273.4 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by shelman; 08-07-13 at 02:23 PM.

post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 04:03 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelman View Post
In my last post (ages ago) I promised some harlies would be painted up rather soon. Unfortunately, they are still looking at me mostly unpainted from my paint desk. I just can't bring myself to paint them up, the diamonds pattern is looking very daunting at the moment, although I have seen some very interesting styles on a quick Images search. I quite like the look of a monochrome style with brightly coloured features. Maybe I'll get them done some time in the future!!
Click through my project log or the army list in my sig. I have several distinct Harlequin paint styles in my army (since each unit was done at different times in my painting life-cycle). I personally like the bright, clashing colors with perhaps a few bits of striping (the "Master Troupe" in my army). The checkerboard pattern is a pain in the ass to paint, but can look good.

I am also a big fan of a lack of cohesive colors across the unit. Each Harlequin as an individual looks garish and great on the table. (Although the "mime" squad with their cohesive black and white paint job does look nice)

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Last edited by iamtheeviltwin; 08-07-13 at 04:07 PM.
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Cool, thanks for that iamtheeviltwin. It's late now in the UK, so I'll have a quick skim in the morning.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

So finally finished what has probably been the biggest and most ambitious project of my gaming career so far!! My Autarch on Jetbike is complete.

For those interested, all parts came from either Eldar, High Elf or Wood Elf kits.

Below is the 'Flag' of the Laughing God. It was my first attempt at any kind of diamond pattern and I'm overall quite pleased with it. It was quite simple, just started off with the red base coat and then covered parts with masking tape and added more and more colour.

Do let me know what you think of it, and once again, sorry for the shoddy camera work!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (230.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (235.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (244.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (214.4 KB, 18 views)
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 04:20 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

I love that. Great conversion and nice use of the Vyper kit.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode