Eldar Iyanden 1000pts - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 12:34 AM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Looking good, I want to get some wraithguard but I am hoping that there will be a new kit for them with the new eldar release. I find the current models to static and similar, and crazy expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-13, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

My Wraithguard still haven't arrived. Grrr! I have found something to do in the meantime though. I've started on a Defence Line. I apologise in advance if I've ripped off anyone's work. It's either because I thought your ideas were fantastic or that great minds think alike!!

I did some google searching and found some ideas of what was around. I've come up with quite a simple design shown below (sorry, it's in Paint, but I don't have any other software!!).

I've also put together a quad gun out of some spare bitz that are lurking around. Enjoy!

I have my Pathfinders en route now too, so hopefully I'll have the full 1000pts in my possession soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2040068.jpg (338.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Aegis Defence Line.jpg (160.1 KB, 3 views)
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-10-13, 01:53 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

looking great, i'll be honest, eldar are my least favourite 40k race (that includes all types and breeds of the pointy eared gits) but you have done a really good job on these. yellow is a nightmare to paint and yours has come out really nice and smooth so kudoes.
I look forwards to seeing how the defence line turns out.

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-10-13, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
eldar are my least favourite 40k race
Yeah...well...I hate...uh...Orks?! Just kidding, I love them!!

In all seriousness though thanks for that. It means a lot.

Pictured below is my finished Quad Gun. It's alright. It was quite fun though to work on something related to the project but distinctly different.

It also got me thinking, what's the point in having a Defence Line and Quad Gun with no one to actually use it?! So, I've come up with the solution! I found a couple of weeks ago some Dire Avengers in my other Eldar collection. I've never used them, and they were completely unpainted. Naturally, I thought: Great!

So there they are all painted up. I've inverted the colour scheme which worked well. It still gives them a Dire Avenger blue while tying them into the army nicely. I have noticed in hindsight that it's actually Alaitoc-ish...but what the hell! The Exarch too has no helmet. Instead used a High Elf head to tie him in a bit with the Farseer.

Who said Dire Avengers can't take a weapon platform too?!?

Still no sign of my Wraithguard or Pathfinders. The Pathfinders should arrive in the next few days, but I have no idea what's up with the Wraithguard. I guess that's what you get when you shop around on eBay!!

And finally the Defence Line. I've got a little bit of progress on that. I've cut 6 large flying bases (the 6cm diameter ones). In all it gives me 12 semi-circular sections as pictured in an above post, giving a total length of roughly 27", just shy of the 28" of the shop bought Aegis Defence Line. They can be arranges too so that there are 4 sections of 2 together to make one larger one, and then 4 smaller sections which are composed of a single section. (I hope you follow!!)

I've got some Polystyrene balls too (also eBay...when will I learn!!) so I'll get them done soon. I tried out some wire for the outer edge of the field, but it didn't work; it's so tricky to get anything to stick to such a small rim. Any suggestions? There is always the possibility of not having anything I suppose.

Thanks guys!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quad Gun.jpg (242.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Avengers.jpg (263.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Exarch.jpg (308.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Avenger.jpg (284.8 KB, 4 views)
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-10-13, 05:07 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

I love the quad gun, I have been trying to figure out how I was going to make a Defense line for my Servant's army and that has given me some inspiration.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

So today the Wraithguard and Yriel finally arrived. Yay!! Also the polystyrene balls came at the same time. As a result some serious hobby-ing has ensued!

I've started by cleaning up Yriel and Guard and then putting the Wraithguard onto the larger bases. Nothing special there. They are ready now to all be painted.

I've made some significant progress on the Aegis Defence Line too. It took ages to quarter all the balls, but I got through it! There's an example below of what they all now look like.

I've also though of a way I might do the outer rim. You used to be able to get these thin colourful tubes used to weave key fobs etc., they were very popular when I was younger. I was thinking I might be able to get hold of some still at a hobby shop or something.

shelman out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Balls.jpg (520.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Forcefield.jpg (516.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Yriel.jpg (606.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wraithguard.jpg (620.5 KB, 1 views)
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 03:39 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

What material did you finally decide on for the clear force field portion of the defense line?

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
What material did you finally decide on for the clear force field portion of the defense line?
It's half of a flying stand. (The ones you might get with Eldar Jetbikes, Falcons, Venoms, etc.)
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-12-13, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Rangers arrived today!! Woo!

I think I'm finished with the Defence Line now. I quite like the look of it already and I don't really want to throw more money at it. It was supposed to be a cheap side project and it's worked out nicely.

There are photos below of the final product. In all there are 27(and a bit) inches. The perfect size.

I also think it should have an extra rule. It should confer Fear to the unit standing behind it because (at a models eye view) it will magnify those models so they look far larger than they are. The Avenger in the bottom right of the image models this perfectly! His bas is clearly too large for him, but wait...!

Wraithguard are soon to be complete. Should be done by tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aegis Defence Line.jpg (298.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0086.jpg (278.0 KB, 2 views)
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-12-13, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Rangers arrived today!! Woo!

I think I'm finished with the Defence Line now. I quite like the look of it already and I don't really want to throw more money at it. It was supposed to be a cheap side project and it's worked out nicely.

There are photos below of the final product. In all there are 27(and a bit) inches. The perfect size.

I also think it should have an extra rule. It should confer Fear to the unit standing behind it because (at a models eye view) it will magnify those models so they look far larger than they are. The Avenger in the bottom right of the image models this perfectly! His base is clearly too large for him, but wait...!

Wraithguard are soon to be complete. Should be done by tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0086.jpg (278.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Aegis Defence Line.jpg (298.1 KB, 1 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode