Flerden's Saim Hann. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Flerden's Flag is: Finland

Default Flerden's Saim Hann.

So I recently moved into a own apartment (about 1 week ago ) and actually got myself a nice work station for the GW stuff (serves as a multi purpose desk so far) and since I actually have time and money to start with GW stuff again properly (was in the army for a year so not enough time thanks to that). And what better way is there than to start a project log at the same time and hopefully have enough motivation to keep it updated! And I recently started my Eldars again. So enough of my ramblings.
First of my work station.

It's a mess atm, but I like it, loads of room for different things, just need to figure out where to store the paints.
Then some WIP of my Wraithlord.

So far I have just done the base, and some highlights, and for once I am happy with the highlights! Still need to paint and add the loincloth, some more highlights and the base. Any one have any good ideas on how to make the sword look better? Since base metallic is boring.

Then one of my three War Walkers. Also WIP.

The red on it is mostly done, just needs some quick cleaning and some highlights, the base needs work and then there is the pilot. And the white parts needs a bit cleaning. I tried to make it look like it's running, since I thought it would look cool.
And here is a quick group pic of my Dire Avengers that are very much WIP, so I wont show more pics of them yet.

I got the idea to paint the crest things on their helmets red to show what squad they are part of, since I have another DA squad too that will have different colored crests. I was thinking of painting some other part of them red as well, like the knee pads, any suggestions?

I also have a Wave Serpent, a Falcon, 10 Banshees, 5 Dark Reapers, A Farseer with 3 Warlocks and 3 Jet Bikes that all are WIP.
I actually started this army over a year ago, but I just kind of lost interest in it for some different reasons, that's why every thing is still WIP.

Comments and criticism is more than welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 02:49 PM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

Great to see you're up and running in your new place Flerd!

The Saim Hann are looking really nice! The reds look great, and the white is done really nicely too. Such a stark contrast is always great.

The dire avengers are promising to be great too, keep it updated (when the batteries are back up and running! lol)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 02:54 PM
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

Looking good, nice workspace. Get a daylight bulb! Perhaps for the DA, you could add some red to their guns to go with the scheme.
Looking forward to seeing more Fler!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

So some more work done on my Dire Avengers, just a little white on the knee pads where I will make some kind of squad mark, red on the weapons (thanks to Dusty for the idea!) and some DA symbols on the heads. The highlights on them are quite crappy imo, nothing near as good as I want them. And they are from the last time I tried to paint Eldar, have learned a good bit about highlighting after that.
First one to show some of the work a bit closer.

Then a group shot to show how they all look.

They are not really that good, and I think I zoomed in a bit to much on them, you see all the small bad details that you might not see irl

And a Warlock I am quite happy with, just need to finish the weapon.

Oh and the eyes! And some other small details, but I am quite happy with the robes, what do you people think? I could try to do some little rune on the robes, but not sure what.
The picture is a bit bad, it did not focus enough, and too close to the miniature.
And a quick group pic of my War Walkers.

One of them have Twin Scatters but it's since I don't have enough missile launchers to make three pairs of them, and I plan on having three Walkers with dual Scatter and three with missile launchers.

Also been working on my Farseer, but saw so many small details that needed fixing on the pics so you have to wait for that.
And on Friday I'll probably undercoat my Howling Banshees, the third War Walker and a Wave Serpent.

Comments and criticism is more than welcome!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 05:13 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice blue armour on them avengers, the highlights are really nice I do like, the reds are good too. I feel like the eyes on them should be coloured and that the banner should be more intricate but good stuff going on here

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 11:48 AM

You looked at my stuff on my thread so I thought I'd be courteous and have a look at yours!

The avengers look great to me. I like how you've done the red on them, it can sometimes be hard to match up and link in the aspects without making them look silly, but you aced it.

The wraithlord as well is coming along nicely. I think maybe some tidying up may be necessary on the white (I think you got some of the red on it!) but otherwise it looks good.

Loving the running walker too!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Dragblud, the blue is not yet done, and was not sure if I should highlight them like that, but if some one else says it's good, I have to believe it, and yea, the eyes are going to be painted, not sure on what color yet. And any suggestions on the banner? Some small details around the edge maybe?
And the red I am quite happy with.

Shelman, the Avengers theme was just a idea I got when Dusty suggested to paint the weapons too, first I just thought to paint a smaller area like the area right around the hands, but decided to paint it all mostly red. The one I took a single pic of was a test model, so he has a better painted weapon than the rest of them.
And yea, now that you say it I noticed some of the white that needs to be fixed on the WL, so thanks for that!

Thanks for the comments!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 02:07 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

nice Eldar Fler, are you planning on getting the autarch on jetbike eventually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Fallen! And yea I have been thinking about getting a big group of jetbikes led by a Autarch, most likely converted somehow. And just since it's a Saim Hann army, I'll probably somehow try to get a Farseer with Warlocks on jetbikes too.

But on to some more pictures. My Farseer that is starting to be completed, the swords and the cloak are not done yet. I think the cloak is just to boring like it is at the moment, needs some more runes or similar.

Front picture, there are still some minor details that need fixing, but it's mostly done. As you can probably notice.

Backside, as stated the cloak needs some more details, just not sure what. Especially since my free hand is quite bad yet. Other wise I am happy with how it turned out.
And as a nice little extra.

Farseer with three Warlocks, one is mostly finished, two are still WIP, with quite much work to do.

Might do quite much work on the Eldar the coming days, since I only have one shift tomorrow, then 4 days freedom! So hopefully I'll get some work done on my Falcon. And finnish one of the Avengers squad so I can start on the other one.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 05:59 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like the blue blades, About the banner yes maybe some small symbols or lines of colours just to make it look abit busyer, And I really like the red on the war walkers the highlights make them more eldary if you get my jist more vibrant and lucid

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode